• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • electricgold
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2020
    • Send PM

The Chargers have a generational QB, DE, WR, SS.... They just need a workhorse RB, make Ek the 2nd down RB, get a stud CB, DT, and speed WR's while at the same time build a great OLINE
    and I see no reason why at this point ANY good HC wouldn't want to coach here in this stadium. I would even go as far as to say A Herbert QB'd team is more appealing than a Trevor Lawrence QB'd team.

THIS IS THE TIME TO HIRE THE BIG TIME COACH!

Comment

• Attack
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2017
      • Send PM

Popper pointed out the word "innovative" in Dean's statement this morning, and am thinking ownership didn't agree with Lynn's philosophy of wanting to run the ball. With wanting "innovative" to carry over to the entire operation, it sounds like Spanos wants an offensive minded, creative head coach who will throw the ball around, and will want more shiny toys for Herbert. Going along with that, Daboll and Joe Brady would seem to be at the top of the coaching list. Could put Bieniemy in there too.

Comment

• electricgold
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
        Yeah I want TT gone almost as much as I wanted Lynn to leave.He cannot build trenches on either side which is paramount to winning and our depth looks mediocre at best.
        This I can Guarantee you IF Jim Harbaugh becomes the new HC here We WILL build a DL & OL that is Fast, Big & Physical...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

This I can Guarantee you IF Jim Harbaugh becomes the new HC here We WILL build a DL & OL that is Fast, Big & Physical...
          NO matter the Head Coach: OL and DLine (Edge and DT) need to be addressed. I know they need another WR and maybe TE - but truly, OL, DL first and foremost

Comment

• Charge!
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Attack View Post
            Popper pointed out the word "innovative" in Dean's statement this morning, and am thinking ownership didn't agree with Lynn's philosophy of wanting to run the ball. With wanting "innovative" to carry over to the entire operation, it sounds like Spanos wants an offensive minded, creative head coach who will throw the ball around, and will want more shiny toys for Herbert. Going along with that, Daboll and Joe Brady would seem to be at the top of the coaching list. Could put Bieniemy in there too.
            Interesting....... yes, offensive-minded is definitely the way to go.....

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

NO matter the Head Coach: OL and DLine (Edge and DT) need to be addressed. I know they need another WR and maybe TE - but truly, OL, DL first and foremost
                Draft Rashawn Slater at OT @ #13. Sign FA Haason Reddick to rush the passer.

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                  QB Deshaun Watson has been lobbying, loudly, for Eric Bieniemy.

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Imo It’s appropriate to include the fans in this statement
                    for someone who has been so hyper vigilant about perceived injustices towards Lynn you sure are set on picking apart a simple and fair statement by Deano.

and the only reason someone would feel the need to state their intentions to give “the new guy 100% full support” is when you don’t intend to.

You’re not fooling anyone
                    To put it bluntly, I don’t believe a word your last sentence.

I fully expect you to take every opportunity to be critical and insulting towards our new HC for any semblance of Lynn’s mistakes just as you’ve shown yourself to be petty and demeaning on game day threads with those who dare spoke out against your precious Lynn.

And you “get why fans feel happy”?
                    you should feel fucking amazing about your position, if you get dragged towards the playoffs kicking and screaming, great!
                    if we lose horribly, you have Lynn to dwell on, so great!
                    you know damn well the last thing you wanted to see happen is Lynn be retained and proving you both to be fools.
                    Dude. You don't know me.
                    That not how I do business.

Dean sucks. Under Dean he forced Boss Ross to resign because of how front office does things. He fired a 14-2 HC because he needed a cozy front office. He gives his son the job of football operations and scouting. He hired a consultant to help get a stadium deal done and then fired that consultant when he was told he needed to change how he interacts with the community and he needed to get out in front of things in a different way. He said I'm not going to do that. You are fired.
                    He hires HCs and strongly suggest who the staff should be. And he will meddle with coaches roster decision and even insist on who he starts.
                    And they build great passing, but for a decade often defense issues, special teams issues and run game issues, and offensive line issues...no matter the HC.

From Marty, to Norv McCoy to Lynn. The common denominator is how the owners run the franchise. It was 15 years ago they said they can't win a championship with Marty and AJ. Then couldn't with AJ Norv. Then couldn't with McCoy, then couldn't with Lynn. Well.....will they ever win a championship?!!!? Seem like they keep firing coaches and end up right back in the same spot again and again.

Its rarely been the coaches. IMO.
                    It often been how the roster is built.
                    Sammy small school, bargain vets with injury history, Golden Domers every draft.
                    Bosa holding out over offset language when everyone else had signed the #1 pick. they almost ended up with another Eli Manning situation with Bosa.

I will back the new coach when his kicker misses FG. I will back the new HC when Tillery look below average or an Ingram gets zero sacks. I will back the new HC when he gets nitpicked for any close lose. I will back when the line sucks and isn't healthy.
                    And I will blame the front office and player performance 1st and then the coaches next. I always go talent before coaching.

The Spanos do not know how to build a winner. This cycle is likely to continue to repeat itself.

In a bottom line business guy. The buck should stop at the very top. Spanos need to sell the damn team to Balmer.
                    At least then I know he will pay whatever the price for a coach. That when you get a hey.... Belicheat you want to come coach Herbert and have full control over roster.

And if they new HC actually last and turn this into a consistent winner competing for Superbowl with Badgely kicking. With similar o line and defense and similar injury to overcome. Then I will say. I was very wrong. This new HC basically has the same groceries to work with and getting it done.
                    They were right to fire Lynn and they found a much better HC.
                    But, If​​​​​ Bulaga plays all 16, if they sign a Linsley-OC to replace Feeney. If Derwin back for all 16, if Bosa plays all 16, Ekeler all 16, etc.. the. I guess I would say the new HC knows how to keep his stars off the IR. Not sure how. But it is helping big time. Good for him. If he has similar injury to stars and still wins 10 games. Then that is super big time. And again I will be dead wrong about the HC change being the real fix for this team.

So you are wrong about everything. Except one thing. If it doesn't work out with new HC. If they struggle to be consistent. Then Yes I will say......but I thought the HC change was supposed to be the fix....what happened? But I won't scapegoat the new HC if I think the roster has too many holes.

And based on the Spanos pattern. They will give new HC plenty of room to do his own thing in year one. But then will start to meddle with the product on the field.

​​​​​​​
                    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Draft Rashawn Slater at OT @ #13. Sign FA Haason Reddick to rush the passer.
                      I think these are two good names. Reddick had a good year. Chargers are going to need to spend for his unless they draft

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

QB Deshaun Watson has been lobbying, loudly, for Eric Bieniemy.
                        I think this would be a solid hire for DeShaun and personally, if it makes DW happy - thats the guy to hire

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Attack View Post
                          He recognizes the Lynn approach woos nobody with money or influence. LA requires pizazz and he has to see he is losing the Battle for LA badly. (Ok, we would expect he can see it lol).

All of the rule changes, not to mention the sizzle, the press, the accolades etc, are designed to benefit and reward wide open daring offensive designs and/or inhibit historic defense techniques and methods that controlled offenses. The plodding stout ball control from prior decades will not be rewarded. The best teams each year are scoring +30 ppg, the old approach of steady ball control based design cannot deliver a consistent 30 ppg average and cannot be relied on to come back against those daring teams that can throw another TD up on the board in 90 seconds.

Unless you have a D&D defense that stifles any and all offenses in their crib. But all things equal - to maximize offense you need to be more “innovative”.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X