• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

Seems like it was just yesterday SF gave Jimmy G a huge contract. I wonder what’s going to happen to him if this trade happens.
    Jimmy G did sign a big contract but the 49ers really did a nice job of structuring it to this point. Only 2.6m of dead cap space

My guess he goes to the Patriots maybe . Chargers do need a back up QB to Herbert - might be a soft landing spot for him if he is cheap.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
      Pretty much retired......
      • Sep 2018
      • JoJa
      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Jimmy G did sign a big contract but the 49ers really did a nice job of structuring it to this point. Only 2.6m of dead cap space

My guess he goes to the Patriots maybe . Chargers do need a back up QB to Herbert - might be a soft landing spot for him if he is cheap.
      Stafford will never be a back-up here. Not a chance in hell. Way too many openings for a #1 on some pretty good organizations.

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

Looks like that trend will continue
        He’s getting traded so we’ll see.

Comment

• eaterfan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Also to be fair to Stafford, during 165 games with the Lions, he’s had a RB rush over 100 yards exactly 11 times. He’s literally carried them to the playoffs with his arm.
          Edit: I believe his decision to ask for a trade was before any HC was hired. He’s just done with Detroit.
          Also, are we sure he asked for the trade? What I saw said Detroit was looking to move him and it was mutually agreed upon.

It makes sense for both sides. The team is $2.6 million under the cap for next year and they have some key players who are FAs. They also have a lot of contracts it will be tough to get out of. Getting rid of Stafford will save them a bit on the cap. Getting extra draft picks for Stafford and getting his money off the books seems like the only path forward with a chance to improve the team in the near future.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

Stafford will never be a back-up here. Not a chance in hell. Way too many openings for a #1 on some pretty good organizations.
            Jimmy G as a back up to Herbert .... I just am not sure I want Easton Stick as the back up QB to Herbert - Chargers need better.

Stafford will go to the 49ers, Broncos or Colts if I had to wager. With the Colts to me the obvious team. 49ers after that.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

Also, are we sure he asked for the trade? What I saw said Detroit was looking to move him and it was mutually agreed upon.

It makes sense for both sides. The team is $2.6 million under the cap for next year and they have some key players who are FAs. They also have a lot of contracts it will be tough to get out of. Getting rid of Stafford will save them a bit on the cap. Getting extra draft picks for Stafford and getting his money off the books seems like the only path forward with a chance to improve the team in the near future.
              Safford will get them $14m of cap space after the trade but yes - getting draft picks wll be helpful

I just looked at the Lions cap - they are not good enough to be in that bad of a cap shape. Quinn and Patricia did a terrible job. Buying a team in Free Agency doesn't work. Free Agency to plug some holes - Telesco needs to hammer the draft (can't be said enough)

Comment

• WindsorUK
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Windsor, U.K.
                • Send PM

Hope AL getting a job doesn't mean we LOSE a 3rd rounder.....:shock:

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                  Hope AL getting a job doesn't mean we LOSE a 3rd rounder.....:shock:
                  No one losses a draft pick for a hire.
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• WindsorUK
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Windsor, U.K.
                    • Send PM

I was just goofin'........
                    Be interesting to see how Detroit does this year, after Campbell's presser.
                    I'm amazed at how the city of Detroit is able to support major league teams in the 4 professional leagues. And seemingly do it well.

Comment

Working...
                    X