Who In The Charger Organization Will Be Fired?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Parcells
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Telesco drafted Herbert. I was a big naysayer and hated the pick. He’s got a lot to do this offseason, but I’d be surprised to see Telesco get fired after hitting a homerun with Herbert when two other QBs were taken ahead of him. If we were pitiful and Herbert looked like a bust, it might be a different story.

Lynn is a good leader and well respected by the players, but he’s not a very good football mind. If they want to give him an assistant head coach who handles game management I might be able to see Lynn being successful.

Comment

• Lyth
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2018
      • Send PM

I expect Gus to be gone. Stewart also.

I hope Lynn is gone, but I have a feeling that if it happens it will be really Chargerish. Like waiting a few days or a week, and then jumping into the coach hunt after the best are gone and we force the hand of the ones still deciding. It won't be pretty.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lyth View Post
        I expect Gus to be gone. Stewart also.

I hope Lynn is gone, but I have a feeling that if it happens it will be really Chargerish. Like waiting a few days or a week, and then jumping into the coach hunt after the best are gone and we force the hand of the ones still deciding. It won't be pretty.
        If Gus goes, I see them promoting from within.

Comment

• foreigner
          Tom Telesco is gone
          • Sep 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
          I voted for both TT & AL getting canned.

This is a results oriented business.

Spanos will realize it is time to invest in this LA thing.
          That is the smart decision overall, both business and football focused... anyone can see that from miles away, this organization needs to send a message to the city and angelenos people by taking a step forward on winning this so called battle for LA, that is the only way to build a fan base.... unfortunately we also know this organization is run by monkeys....

Its not a "oh we think Telesco and Lynn are the right guys and we COULD have a possibility with them..." this should be more of a "Fuck, I am not taking any chances... I'm buying the 4x4..."

We need an early version of AJ "Brass Balls" Smith running the show.

Comment

• foreigner
            Tom Telesco is gone
            • Sep 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
            Telesco drafted Herbert. I was a big naysayer and hated the pick. He’s got a lot to do this offseason, but I’d be surprised to see Telesco get fired after hitting a homerun with Herbert when two other QBs were taken ahead of him. If we were pitiful and Herbert looked like a bust, it might be a different story.

Lynn is a good leader and well respected by the players, but he’s not a very good football mind. If they want to give him an assistant head coach who handles game management I might be able to see Lynn being successful.
            Telesco didnt draft Herbert... the guy fell on his lap... he did draft guys like Jerry Tillery and Manti Teo tho....

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post

Telesco didnt draft Herbert... the guy fell on his lap... he did draft guys like Jerry Tillery and Manti Teo tho....
              Also drafted Derwin and Bosa and Keenan.
              Still got to turn in the card. I do wish he was better all around at drafting though. But he has his scout team that was led by JohnBoy at one time.

Comment

• Classic
                Hall Of Fame
                • Dec 2014
                • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post

Nah he had Herbert as his number 1 QB on the board for 2 years running(even over Murray) . He saw the truth in Herbert before anyone else. For that alone deserves 1 last chance.

Comment

• jubei
                  Vagabond Ninja
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

I thought he wanted 2a before Justin and Justin was consolation. Be good to watch if the Bills will be playing their starters this weekend the whole game. If they do I dont think the dolphins have a chance with captain checkdown 2a. just read something from a sportswriter that the dolphins should bring in another 1st rd QB this coming draft with their high 1 received from the Texans. That'd be CRAZY!

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
                    I thought he wanted 2a before Justin and Justin was consolation. Be good to watch if the Bills will be playing their starters this weekend the whole game. If they do I dont think the dolphins have a chance with captain checkdown 2a. just read something from a sportswriter that the dolphins should bring in another 1st rd QB this coming draft with their high 1 received from the Texans. That'd be CRAZY!
                    Working for the Cards
                    drafting QBs typically retain their value because they’re tradable
                    almost no such thing as over investing at qb position

we are rabbitshit lucky to have Herbert
                    P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Working for the Cards
                      drafting QBs typically retain their value because they’re tradable
                      almost no such thing as over investing at qb position

we are rabbitshit lucky to have Herbert
                      We are lucky to have gotten Herbert. There were narratives about him that he wasn't a leader .

I was never really on the Tua train - I just thought he was too small and Alabama has so much talent.

Burrow - he had a very good year at LSU so made sense he was the top pick

I still don't think Telesco should keep his job but he made a VERY good pick with Herbert. Now if he keeps his job - lets see what he thinks it he best way to help HErbert. My guess, he wants Pitts or Waddle when he should want Slater, Cosmi or Wyatt Davis

Comment

• Boltgang74
                        We Are The Storm!
                        • Aug 2018
                        • Send PM

"Sports Info Solutions keeps track of "blown blocks" both in the run and pass game. The Chargers have the only offensive line that can claim three players in the top 15. Dan Feeney, Sam Tevi and Forrest Lamp have combined to blow 81 blocks this season."If TT somehow stays he damn well better figure out how to build the damn trenches.Pathetic.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

Nah he had Herbert as his number 1 QB on the board for 2 years running(even over Murray) . He saw the truth in Herbert before anyone else. For that alone deserves 1 last chance.
                          This is unconfirmed and speculative: one report was that the Chargers had the LT from Georgie rated higher.

Comment

Working...
                          X