Chargers @ Chiefs Game Day Thread and Post Game Discussion (Wk17)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Chargers @ Chiefs Game Day Thread and Post Game Discussion (Wk17)

Go Chargers Go!
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Bolt Up.
    Flash us, young Chargers.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• WindsorUK
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Windsor, U.K.
      • Send PM

We win, we pick 12?
      We lose, we pick, possibly 8?
      Higher the pick, the better right?
      So losing today would be a win for next year, and beyond?
      Go Bolts!

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

In the words of Bum Phillips, "the object of the game is not to win...the object of the game is to play good."
        Bolts, play good, please.
        No bonehead blunders, either from players or coaching staff.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
          We win, we pick 12?
          We lose, we pick, possibly 8?
          Higher the pick, the better right?
          So losing today would be a win for next year, and beyond?
          Go Bolts!
          There are advantages to losing that do not come from winning todays game. Draft pick is one but head coach is the other. Now, personally I think the decision should be made already. And if they are keeping him - they should have announced already as today should not matter in terms of "hey he beat a bunch of second stringers so let him keep his job. But who knows

Play hard, play well and nobody get hurt.

(P.S. If the Chiefs win, I will not be upset as I understand the long term rationale of what losing does; if the Chargers win, I will not be happy for the players)

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Brock Bowers N.M.W.
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

Actually, I think today means absolutely nothing as far as Lynn's fate...this game, with all the people who will be out on both sides, could never be considered a good evaluation of the coach...
            as far as announcing he is gone, they wouldn't say that, and expect him to coach the last game as a lame duck, humiliated, failed coach...they would let him go out with dignity, then can him. If they were keeping him, I think they would have said as much.

They may in fact be undecided...I doubt it, but it's possible they want to do a thorough after action review of the whole season...but even then I don't think you can fairly use this last game as a plus or minus in Lynn's column...it's a throw away game.

Now, getting a better draft pick? I'm down with that...want Herbert to lite them up, maybe get another rookie record or two...and lose 45-42.
            The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• victoriaboltfan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • victoria b.c.
              • Send PM

Go Bolts !!
              JH sets rookie passing yards record ,but Chargers lose on a last second fg to secure a top 10 pick !!

Comment

• Lyth
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2018
                • Send PM

Originally posted by victoriaboltfan View Post
                Go Bolts !!
                JH sets rookie passing yards record ,but Chargers lose on a missed last second fg to secure a top 10 pick !!
                Fixed it.

Glad we're playing the Chiefs. Reid will have the backups ready to play. My biggest fear is that AL looks like a real NFL coach today and tips the scales in favor of keeping him. He hasn't shown that so far. Hopefully he stays in form.

I don't think anything would be worse for the morale of the players than barely beating the KC scrubs and keeping Lynn. How do you go into next year positive knowing that you're a starting line-up away from the division champs? The future won't look good.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Just win baby.

Screw the draft pick. There are 4 OTs potentially available to us in the teens, one of them will be there.

Herbie gets rookie passing record and drops a 50 burger on the Chiefs. There’s my game plan.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                    Actually, I think today means absolutely nothing as far as Lynn's fate...this game, with all the people who will be out on both sides, could never be considered a good evaluation of the coach...
                    as far as announcing he is gone, they wouldn't say that, and expect him to coach the last game as a lame duck, humiliated, failed coach...they would let him go out with dignity, then can him. If they were keeping him, I think they would have said as much.

They may in fact be undecided...I doubt it, but it's possible they want to do a thorough after action review of the whole season...but even then I don't think you can fairly use this last game as a plus or minus in Lynn's column...it's a throw away game.

Now, getting a better draft pick? I'm down with that...want Herbert to lite them up, maybe get another rookie record or two...and lose 45-42.
                    If the Chargers losing today means Anthony Lynn will 100% be fired - than I know what I want to happen
                    The draft pick is just a bonus to me

What will affect this team most in 2021 is Anthony Lynn not coaching them with the hope the Spanii have seen enough the last 8-10 years, they want to win LA or do better so they make a good hire.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                      Pretty much retired......
                      • Sep 2018
                      • JoJa
                      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                      • Send PM

I'm just bummed that here we are again. Week 17 and we are talking draft position not playoffs. My greatest fear is that this little hot streak will get us another year of Lynn and that one year from now we will be talking draft position again. I really hope we do something to break this cycle of disappointment........

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Enjoy Lynn while he’s here. Today in the penultimate day of his reign.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                        X