Chargers @ Chiefs Game Day Thread and Post Game Discussion (Wk17)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
    I'm just bummed that here we are again. Week 17 and we are talking draft position not playoffs. My greatest fear is that this little hot streak will get us another year of Lynn and that one year from now we will be talking draft position again. I really hope we do something to break this cycle of disappointment........
    Exactly. I don't care about the draft position - its the dang head coach and coaching staff. Its been like 10 years with two play off appearances - thats just not good. Telesco should be fired; Lynn should be fired.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

4 games on TV this morning/afternoon. 2 on Fox, 2 on CBS. I’ve never seen that before. And still no Colts or Ravens game to watch.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

I am always going to root for the Chargers to win. To want your team to lose in order to improve draft position, or in hopes a coach you don't like gets fired, is not an aspect of fandom I understand. The draft is a crapshoot. Even the most highly rated prospects who are considered can't-miss often fail in the NFL. Underrated players turn out to be the steal of the draft. We know about that don't we? Herbert was the 3rd QB drafted, consider by more than a few pundits to be too much of project to be drafted at the top of round 1. He has only turned out to be the best rookie QB in league history.

The Chargers will be in position to draft one of the top 3 OT prospects or maybe even Gregory Rousseau.

Comment

• Classic
          Hall Of Fame
          • Dec 2014
          • Send PM

Glazer has already said Lynn has a meeting with Spanos on Monday. Looks like it could really happen.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

I cannot imagine the Chargers FO could possibly decide what they are going to do in 2021 yet. That would be completely out of character. They need 3-4 weeks to do a careful and precise analysis. Its akin to Chargers coaches making in-game adjustments. Whoa buddy - lets not be reckless!
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
              4 games on TV this morning/afternoon. 2 on Fox, 2 on CBS. I’ve never seen that before. And still no Colts or Ravens game to watch.
              It only happens the last Sunday of the year. Has been this way for years. Not sure why its only week 17 they let four games be shown but its normal

Next weekend - six playoff games !

Comment

• Charge!
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                We win, we pick 12?
                We lose, we pick, possibly 8?
                Higher the pick, the better right?
                So losing today would be a win for next year, and beyond?
                Go Bolts!
                draft pick is far less important than if winning causes spanos to keep Lynn, bradley and TT, then we need to lose....... please no more wasted years with horrible coaching...... and bad GM.....

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
                  Glazer has already said Lynn has a meeting with Spanos on Monday. Looks like it could really happen.
                  It might seem unfair to just fire a guy based on record but if looking closely the last two seasons - especially this season - he is not the right long term coach.

Hell, I wish he was 10-5 - at least in the conversation fighting for a playoff spot like the Colts are -- and the Spanii than extended him. Not this 3-9 to 6-9 crap

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
                    scary thing is that it might be for an extension!??? ... or to tell Lynn he still has the job but has to fire DC, and ST's coach...... or he needs to take a pay cut to keep his job?

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Exactly. I don't care about the draft position - its the dang head coach and coaching staff. Its been like 10 years with two play off appearances - thats just not good. Telesco should be fired; Lynn should be fired.
                      AGREE!!!!!!.... its not about the draft its about coaching and GM which is why if they had already fired them or said this was his last game then I would want Chargers to beat crap out of chiefs......

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                        The Precious
                        • May 2019
                        • Send PM

Good morning! Lotsa salt in here this morning with a little sugar.

I just want Justin to throw bombs to Williams, Johnson and Guyton. Other than that our defense sucks. We can’t run the ball. Our special teams truly are “special”. And then there’s the surprised Lynn face.

Goodbye Gus.

Go deep Justin!

Comment

• Charge!
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

If we are going to try and win then let's open up the offense and throw downfield........ no more of this stupid boring ineffective run, run, screen-pass, screen pass,....repeat... Lynn style offense.... please try and score over 40 points or over 50...... have some fun..... I hate those boring stressful 16-13 games where we are just praying we dont make the blunder that costs us the stupidly close game.....

Comment

Working...
                          X