• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SYB
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
    Chargers are thee worst tenants in the world. They pay no rent, contributed way below projections in PSL money and now went and raided the landlord’s staff. How much can Kroenke take?
    LMFBO :biggrin:

But now that you mention it, you're definitely on to something.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
      gusD and Staley essentially have diametrically opposed demands in skillsets at numerous positions.

Joey is a good fit at 4i.
      ​​​​Linval @ Nose perfectissimo.
      Murray MIKE.
      ​​​​Derwin JACK.
      Tranq WILL.
      ​​​​​Uchenna SAM
      Starting to get a little dicey.
      Jenkins/John Johnson 2Deep.
      Tillery/Rochell hit the weights
      --you are now 4i.
      JJones IDK man.
      Adderley to CB (my fav move)
      Don't tell me MDavis is a shutdown Man Corner.
      He's a Zone Boundary CB.
      Some of these guys still have roles in Hybrid.
      Eagle front--work to do.
      I ain't gettin' rid of Casey.
      Not gonna do it.
      Nope.
      Thwap. Thwap. Spitballs. Incoming.
      It’s hard to tell what Staley will do. There’s probably a flexible role for everyone. Derwin could play the Ramsey role for all we know.

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
        A few thoughts for my Charger brothers.

For those calling for Pep to become OC...Why? He did great work with Herbert as a position coach. But Pep was the OC for Luck at Indy because he was also his coach at Stanford. And he flamed out. Got fired. Pep may not be a great NFL OC. But he sure appears to be a great position coach. Not sure picking him is a good idea

For those concerned about Staley only having one year as a coordinator (and I have that concern) at least in that one year, he had the TOP defense in the NFL. And if Daboll was your guy, he only has had one good year as a coordinator, too. The rest of the years were pretty poor.

And for those who think Staley is the booby prize because Daboll turned us down, we don’t know that. The Chargers were not supposed to offer him the job because his team is in the playoffs. They may have really been considering him. And Staley. And got blown away by Staley and knew after his second interview that he is the guy. Sheffter , Kirwan, others assumed it was Daboll but that is on them.

Both 49er offensive assistants are taken now so they wont be the OC.

TG
        I’m sad about the bolder part at the end.
        Sad Tears GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Comment

• SYB
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

It’s hard to tell what Staley will do. There’s probably a flexible role for everyone. Derwin could play the Ramsey role for all we know.
          If Staley has Derwin chasing around the opposing teams #1 WR, I will immediately question the hire.

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by bolthead123 View Post

As usual... they wanted to gamble on getting a bargain.

In other news, congratulations to KC for getting their 3rd in a row to the AFC championship.
            I don’t think they were looking for a bargain. There’s a reason other teams were interviewing him. He’s the defensive version of McVay and Shanahan.

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
              Chargers are thee worst tenants in the world. They pay no rent, contributed way below projections in PSL money and now went and raided the landlord’s staff. How much can Kroenke take?
              If Kroenke tries to break their agreed upon contract, I’m sure the Spanos will be super happy.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

If Staley has Derwin chasing around the opposing teams #1 WR, I will immediately question the hire.
                Remember that Ramsey doesn’t just play corner on that team under Staley. It’s called the Star position. He’s much more multiple.

​​​​​​​https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ocr...-the-star/amp/

Comment

• AKFlyFisher
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2020
                  • Send PM

I don’t think they were looking for a bargain. There’s a reason other teams were interviewing him. He’s the defensive version of McVay and Shanahan.
                  The hope is he is the defensive version of McVay and Shanahan. Both McVay and Shanahan were born into coaching and were in their early 20s when they started coaching in the NFL. The comparison is being made under the auspicious of Staley being some "genius" -- I guess hidden at DIII schools and JCs. But I don't think Staley has the history to warrant that comparison and I find the media using it for sound bites and such a bit lazy.

Comment

• bolthead123
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • San Diego
                    • I work in IT.
                    • Send PM

Sorry, my attitude has become a habit over the last 4 decades. I tend to expect the worst, but will try to hope for the best.

Comment

• madcaplaughs
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

notice no rumors on the OC????...because as part of the deal the new HC was forced to stupidly keep the existing offensive staff...... Chargers always settle for a desperate cheap coach who is willing to keep our existing coaches.......
                      I think I'm on record somewhere for wanting any coach who would keep Hamilton and Campen. Using the current system will be great for a young QB. If our offensive line goes from abysmal to mediocre, we're going to win a lot more games next year.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Yep, I don't want to guess as it appears it's going to have be multi look defense as opposed to just a 3-4.

Comment

• Inforfun
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2020
                          • Send PM

The Chargers Brass is big on the job training. I’m not sure this will pan out unless Herbert is good at training himself.

the real question is can he do the head coaching job while developing the Defensive and oversee the offense.

not sure he was the best choice.

Comment

Working...
                          X