• Show
Clear All
  • WindsorUK
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Windsor, U.K.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
    Holy shit...it's been driving me absolutely crazy, how familiar Staley sounds...all these pressers and interviews, it has been driving me nuts...and I finally figured it out watching a little blurb tonight on an NFL app...it's Michael Keaton...young Michael Keaton...we are talking early to mid 80's...Mr. Mom and Gung Ho...sounds just like him!!

Anybody who was a fan, close your eyes and listen...it's hilarious, got both me and my wife laughing when I pointed it out to her..lol
    I was getting more of a Seth Mcfarlane vibe, at least facially.
    Every time he had a grin on his face, was expecting to hear Stewie or Peter Griffin.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

I want him to sound like Ditka...or Dan Campbell. :coffee:
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
        I want him to sound like Ditka...or Dan Campbell. :coffee:
        I just want him to have a clue on game days, make adjustments
        understand when its strategically smart to go on 4th down, maybe go for 2
        understand if you are passing the ball well and not running, that particular game - keep passing until they stop you
        if you are up 21 on a lousy denver team - and your defense is bringing heat - keep bringing the heat

and truly if i were the Spanii - I would have written into his contract that if hte Chargers score the first points of the year - and its a touchdown this fall -- they have to go for 2 just to set a new tone and standard for how he will coach the team

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Sounds better.
          Michael Keaton it is.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
            Holy shit...it's been driving me absolutely crazy, how familiar Staley sounds...all these pressers and interviews, it has been driving me nuts...and I finally figured it out watching a little blurb tonight on an NFL app...it's Michael Keaton...young Michael Keaton...we are talking early to mid 80's...Mr. Mom and Gung Ho...sounds just like him!!

Anybody who was a fan, close your eyes and listen...it's hilarious, got both me and my wife laughing when I pointed it out to her..lol
            tim burton film GIF by hoppip

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

We hear how he "is a great man" a lot. The guy blamed others, and didn't take responsibility for his own faults. Yeah.....

Don’t agree with this statement at all. There’s a reason everyone in the Chargers organization made it clear their love for him, including the Spanos. In fact, I’ve never seen a fired Chargers HC get that much adoration in all of my years of being a fan.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post

Also run out Wiz and PR from the town on bad terms.
                He aint great man nor great leader he is just Stewart 2.0 in da making as a coach.
                Whiz got fired because he stopped caring. It was a FO decision to not extend PR and use the money elsewhere instead on players like Bosa and KA. I would have loved for PR to stay one more year and be a bridge QB instead while Herbert sat. But it was better that he went to an organization this year that could win right away like the Colts.

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post

Also run out Wiz and PR from the town on bad terms.
                  He aint great man nor great leader he is just Stewart 2.0 in da making as a coach.
                  You have no clue. And you are just making stuff up.

RIvers didn't leave on bad terms. He was 1 year away from retirement. You can Not move forward with an aging QB who is considering retirement. That was a Charger front office decision. And a mutual decision between Rivers and Chargers.
                  RIvers just retired. Wise choice by front office to move on and draft Herbert.

Wiz had success when he was OC of Big Ben and Rivers. And when he had Kurt Warner. 3 hall of fame QBs. But he didn't do so well when he didn't have hall of famers at QB. And Wiz career HC regular season record is 48-71. He hasn't worked in NFL since he was fired. Meanwhile Lynn just got hired to be OC for Lions. Lynn is 33-31as HC.

Lynn may have had a few blunders with clock management. But he knows the game of football at the NFL level better than you and everyone on the TPB who bashes him.

Just watch. He is actually in a spot to get another chance to be a HC. If they draft a QB at #7 and that QB has great success with Lynn as OC. That is all it take for a NFL team to say. His resume is a winning record as HC. And when he went to Chargers Rivers started playing great ball again. PR was a turnover machine the few years prior to Lynn hire. Herbert earns OROY under Lynn. That is on his resume.
                  I'm not predicting he will get interview for HC job again. I'm just saying. If they draft a QB and it works out well. That is how Lynn gets back into conversation as a HC candidate.

Hall of famer Terrel Owens says the Stewart bad hire take is a garbage take by fans who are clueless. The Chargers special team has been awful for over 10 years. Norv, McCoy, Lynn. None seemed to get it fixed. And that points more to a roster issue and front office failures.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Don’t agree with this statement at all. There’s a reason everyone in the Chargers organization made it clear their love for him, including the Spanos. In fact, I’ve never seen a fired Chargers HC get that much adoration in all of my years of being a fan.
                    Right. He raised the level of relationships. The culture. The connection. The caring. And Telesco said they are working off that foundation that Lynn built. And in the move to LA during a difficult transition he did very well for the organization in a new city. Which is why they thanked him and speak about him with so much respect. Genuine great person and a very good football coach. Simple as that.

As much as I defended Lynn. And felt he should get one more year with Herbert. I get why Spanos decided to move on. And was very happy they picked Staley as he was my favorite candidate to replace Lynn.

​​​​​
                    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Eurobolt
                      *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Send PM

I am very happy with Staley, we agree on it - positive things.

Let's move forward and close Lynn chapter once and for good.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Birmingham AL
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

RIvers didn't leave on bad terms. He was 1 year away from retirement. You can Not move forward with an aging QB who is considering retirement. That was a Charger front office decision. And a mutual decision between Rivers and Chargers.

Wiz had success when he was OC of Big Ben and Rivers. And when he had Kurt Warner. 3 hall of fame QBs. But he didn't do so well when he didn't have hall of famers at QB. And Wiz career HC regular season record is 48-71. He hasn't worked in NFL since he was fired. Meanwhile Lynn just got hired to be OC for Lions. Lynn is 33-31as HC.

Lynn may have had a few blunders with clock management. But he knows the game of football at the NFL level better than you and everyone on the TPB who bashes him.

Just watch. He is actually in a spot to get another chance to be a HC. If they draft a QB at #7 and that QB has great success with Lynn as OC. That is all it take for a NFL team to say. His resume is a winning record as HC. And when he went to Chargers Rivers started playing great ball again. PR was a turnover machine the few years prior to Lynn hire. Herbert earns OROY under Lynn. That is on his resume.
                        I'm not predicting he will get interview for HC job again. I'm just saying. If they draft a QB and it works out well. That is how Lynn gets back into conversation as a HC candidate.

Hall of famer Terrel Owens says the Stewart bad hire take is a garbage take by fans who are clueless. The Chargers special team has been awful for over 10 years. Norv, McCoy, Lynn. None seemed to get it fixed. And that points more to a roster issue and front office failures.

You are right Stewart was an amazing hire, just ask TO. Our lying eyes td us the ST were bad but they were really the best in the upside down world. Stewart was so incredible he should have been promoted to HC.

And yes Lynn did put the blame on Rivers for his offense failure. He did not call him out by name but kept bringing up the more QB lame excuse. Lynn ended up being a small man who blamed everyone but himself for his failure to coach and understand the basics of a clock.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Dont care what Owens said, Stewart was a bad hire and when Lynn demoted him, the STs was a better. Not solid but better. Where is Owens coaching at?

Comment

Working...
                          X