Clear All
  • QSmokey
    Guardedly Optimistic
    • Jun 2013
    • Kuna, Idaho
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by John Madden View Post
    Hey you don't need me to tell you that Shemp Davis is not his dad, but he is definitely not his dad. I thought it was important to have someone with Raider ties and brain cells in the room at the same time, so I did it as a courtesy to Al's ghost.
    As you probably know, Mike Shanahan and I go way back. The first time I met him was at a benefit for NFL coaches in 1984 in New York and he was in front of me in the buffet line. So I distracted him with a silver yo-yo that I had received from
    Al when I retired from the Raiders because I was afraid he'd get the last 5 pieces of Salisbury steak that were left in the pan. I wanted those because everything else on the table was a vegetable. When I saw what happened with Mike and the Raiders
    in 1989 at first I laughed until I had barbecue chicken shooting out of my nose, because you know how things go with the Raiders since I left. And then I felt kind of bad for the guy because you know how things go with the Raiders since I left. I felt
    like it was time for me to give something back to the organization and potentially keep them from hiring someone worthwhile because I'm still pretty upset about the yo-yo gift. Some of the questions I had Mark ask Mike were - What is your opinion about
    Brett Favre? Would you bench our starting quarterback at the first sign of regression? Would you bench that new running back Murray? He sort of looks like Marcus Allen when he runs. Would you make sure that we have ample amounts of Salisbury steak in
    the locker room for halftime? Are you aware that you resemble a rodent? Would you hog all the cheese at the halftime buffet also? Would you be ok with being replaced by an inferior coordinator or position coach at any moment? Can you help us get
    Robert Griffin on the team so that we can stifle Carr's development? I have to tell you that I didn't come up with some of these questions because Mark was mostly comfortable with his dad's list of questions from past interviews. I had to wait until he went to
    the bathroom to get to the important questions.

And for this Sec-E4 person (what is a Sec-E4 and can you put mustard on it?) - you got it all wrong. Roger Clemens wasn't even there.
    "Section E4" at Qualcomm Stadium. I suppose you could put mustard on that if you wanted to.

Comment

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
      "Section E4" at Qualcomm Stadium. I suppose you could put mustard on that if you wanted to.
      I'm sure there was some all over the parking lot on the day of Powerslave's "turd dog". :lol:

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
        No Sir, I Dont Like It
        • Jun 2013
        • Section 457
        • Migrant Film Worker
        • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
        Maybe the Rat will make Raider games interesting again.
        Maybe he will fall down a long flight of stairs and roll through a downed power line into the path of an oncoming bus with spiked wheels...
        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
        sigpic

Comment

fender57
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
          Maybe he will fall down a long flight of stairs and roll through a downed power line into the path of an oncoming bus with spiked wheels...
          ...followed by one of those firefighting planes that dump water on fires that proceeds to douse him in water, except it's not water, it's sulfuric acid, then the plane (piloted by Alex Gibbs) does a nose dive and crashes right into the rat, everything exploding into a giant ball of fire.

Comment

• Savage Lizard
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Big Bear
            • Self-employed property manager.
            • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
            I want the Raiders to suck FOREVER!!!!
            We can dream!

Comment

• bonehead
              Undrafted
              • Jul 2013
              • TBD
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Savage Lizard View Post
              We can dream!
              Damn right!! I don't want to get greedy because the last 12-13 years have been so much fun. From the Super Bowl against the Bucs to Jamarcus and Lane Kiffen to Al with the classic "overhead projector press conference"....it's been a hell of a ride.
              Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                Damn right!! I don't want to get greedy because the last 12-13 years have been so much fun. From the Super Bowl against the Bucs to Jamarcus and Lane Kiffen to Al with the classic "overhead projector press conference"....it's been a hell of a ride.
                Speaking of a hell of a ride...

Comment

• floydefisher
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • siberiacuse, ny
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by John Madden View Post
                  Hey you don't need me to tell you that Shemp Davis is not his dad, but he is definitely not his dad. I thought it was important to have someone with Raider ties and brain cells in the room at the same time, so I did it as a courtesy to Al's ghost.
                  As you probably know, Mike Shanahan and I go way back. The first time I met him was at a benefit for NFL coaches in 1984 in New York and he was in front of me in the buffet line. So I distracted him with a silver yo-yo that I had received from
                  Al when I retired from the Raiders because I was afraid he'd get the last 5 pieces of Salisbury steak that were left in the pan. I wanted those because everything else on the table was a vegetable. When I saw what happened with Mike and the Raiders
                  in 1989 at first I laughed until I had barbecue chicken shooting out of my nose, because you know how things go with the Raiders since I left. And then I felt kind of bad for the guy because you know how things go with the Raiders since I left. I felt
                  like it was time for me to give something back to the organization and potentially keep them from hiring someone worthwhile because I'm still pretty upset about the yo-yo gift. Some of the questions I had Mark ask Mike were - What is your opinion about
                  Brett Favre? Would you bench our starting quarterback at the first sign of regression? Would you bench that new running back Murray? He sort of looks like Marcus Allen when he runs. Would you make sure that we have ample amounts of Salisbury steak in
                  the locker room for halftime? Are you aware that you resemble a rodent? Would you hog all the cheese at the halftime buffet also? Would you be ok with being replaced by an inferior coordinator or position coach at any moment? Can you help us get
                  Robert Griffin on the team so that we can stifle Carr's development? I have to tell you that I didn't come up with some of these questions because Mark was mostly comfortable with his dad's list of questions from past interviews. I had to wait until he went to
                  the bathroom to get to the important questions.

And for this Sec-E4 person (what is a Sec-E4 and can you put mustard on it?) - you got it all wrong. Roger Clemens wasn't even there.
                  Good to see you back on the forum, John. Always love your insights.

I've also enjoyed your popcorn popper.....here's the commercial.

sigpic

Comment

• Highboltage
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Here's the back of the next coaches SUV.

embarassed_raiderjpg.jpg

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • SoDak
                      • Technology Director
                      • Send PM

I thought I saw some people twittering yesterday that DelRio is the probable favorite in Oakland?
                      "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• RTPbolt
                        Charger Fan till the end
                        • Jun 2013
                        • North Carolina
                        • Send PM

Now that Denver tanked Del Rio is going in for 2nd interview. I'm not sure how i feel about it. I think he's a pretty decent coach. Now can he take a severely depleted roster full of holes and turn it around? I dont know if he's that type of coach to rescue a club. I think a lot depends on the OC he picks and if they can build their offense up to keep Carr protected and to run the ball effectively. So much is whether they fix the stupid mistakes and play 60 minutes of ball. The Raiders seem to screw so many games with their lack of discipline.

I"m hoping they don't hire Del Rio but i think its highly likely. Few candidates in Seattle or other top teams really want to start with Oakland....a horribly run troll ridden excrement sniffing organization that can't find their ass from a pumpkin on Halloween. Its going to take a miracle to turn them around into a consistent team long term.

Comment

Del Rio didn't light up the world in Jacksonville. I don't see him doing it in Oakland.

Get Stats, Coaching Records, Team Ranks, Coordinators, and more for Jack Del Rio on Pro-football-reference.com.

Career coaching record: 68-71. He was fired as head coach in week 12 less than 4 full years ago.

Comment

Working...
                          X