POLL: Is It Time For The Spani To Quit Telling The Coach Who To Play?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

POLL: Is It Time For The Spani To Quit Telling The Coach Who To Play?

That interview with Slauson and Woodhead kind of got my attention. Especially the part when Slauson said Mike McCoy asked him to be the "leader" of the O-line. At one point, Slauson told MM that the line would be better off if a certain unidentified starter was benched (Franklin? Barks?). Mikey told Slauson he couldn't do it, because his "hands were tied." So apparently, he got an order from higher up regarding who to start and who to bench. Hard to believe TT would do something like that, so it may well have been the Spani. The speculation is that after shelling out $36 mil for Franklin's FA contract, they didn't want to look like fools for signing a bust of a player. I really wonder if any of this kind of meddling happened with Lynn.

If this is true, could it have a chilling effect on attracting a top-tier coach? Would someone like Daboll, Smith, Saleh, etc. shy away from the Bolts because of these kinds of rumors of owner meddling? Will it result in the Bolts having to settle for signing a second-rate coach? At some point, the Spani need to hire the best man for the job, and trust his judgment on who starts, regardless of how much any player is earning. It's the HC's job to put the best 11 out on the field for both O and D. Tired of hearing about meddling or favoritism involving our ownership.

Is it time for the Spani to take a chill pill and let the coach just do his job?
    Yes
    90.00%
    No
    5.00%
    Other--see my answer
    5.00%
  • Boltgang74
    We Are The Storm!
    • Aug 2018
    • Send PM

Past time.That lil wimp Johnny boy needs to go do somethin else like get coffee while the real football minds work,well soon as they hire some.

Comment

• PR#1
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Spanni know nothing about football.

Why are they telling the coach who to play ?

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
        Past time.That lil wimp Johnny boy needs to go do somethin else like get coffee while the real football minds work,well soon as they hire some.
        Yep...I was thinking concessions manager would be a good fit for Baby Spanos's skill set...

Comment

• floydefisher
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • siberiacuse, ny
          • Send PM

If this is true, it's completely outrageous.

No wonder the Chargers can't win anything....they can't even put their best players on the field, how the hell do you expect to win under those circumstances?
          sigpic

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by floydefisher View Post
            If this is true, it's completely outrageous.

No wonder the Chargers can't win anything....they can't even put their best players on the field, how the hell do you expect to win under those circumstances?
            Woodhead mentioned the Chargers are far from the only team to pressure a coach to play certain players - not that I agree with this at all.

These polls are pointless because the guy who owns the team is going to do whatever he wants.

Comment

• Lyth
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2018
              • Send PM

It should never happen in the first place. If you think the coach you hired is not getting as much out of the roster as you think they should, move on. Coaches should have a plan and a vision. If you disrupt it, it will never play out.

Comment

• Lyth
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2018
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...I was thinking concessions manager would be a good fit for Baby Spanos's skill set...
                He looks like a waterboy. He's probably try and decide when players needed water though. It wouldn't work out

Comment

• Boltgang74
                  We Are The Storm!
                  • Aug 2018
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Woodhead mentioned the Chargers are far from the only team to pressure a coach to play certain players - not that I agree with this at all.

These polls are pointless because the guy who owns the team is going to do whatever he wants.

Well then this whole forum is pointless,just sayin..

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Agree...... need to let football people take care of football stuff...... need to let doctors take care of medical..... need to let IT people take care of IT....... need to let marketing people take care of marketing.....etc.... common sense.... not always used in Chargers organization......

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Well then this whole forum is pointless,just sayin..
                      I guess my point about the poll was nobody likes a meddling owner and the poll results will overwhelming show this and...it won't change a thing on how Spanos runs the team. People can post over and over again how little John should be selling concessions and whatnot and he'll still be the President of Football Operations. So sure, forums are for discussing all things about the team but it seems odd to focus on something like that, unless people just want to vent.

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

Is this a trick question?

Comment

Working...
                        X