Is Ryan Mathews the Mark Prior of FootBall ??

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sec-E4
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2014
    • Arizona
    • Send PM

Is Ryan Mathews the Mark Prior of FootBall ??

I'm over it, Why would we even think about keeping a dude who hasn't shown one bit of consistency ??? Everyone talks about how he's good when healthy, Butttttt, Buttttt, Butttttt, Yada Yada yada

Mathews is a Cancer and his injury prone self has spread onto other players :smoking:

Send him packing over to Jacksonville....I could careless if he has a 3,000 yard season, He didn't perform when we needed it.
    Last edited by Sec-E4; 01-07-2015, 12:57 AM.

I don't know who Mark Prior is, but if he's a china doll, then yes. Even if we completely revamped our offensive line and turned it into the best in the NFL, I would have no faith that Mathews could stay healthy.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Sec-E4 View Post
      I'm over it, Why would we even think about keeping a dude who hasn't shown one bit of consistency ??? Everyone talks about how he's good when healthy, Butttttt, Buttttt, Butttttt, Yada Yada yada

Mathews is a Cancer and his injury prone self has spread onto other players :smoking:

Send him packing over to Jacksonville....I could careless if he has a 3,000 yard season, He didn't perform when we needed it.
      A cancer? Oh please.

Comment

• bonehead
        Undrafted
        • Jul 2013
        • TBD
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
        A cancer? Oh please.
        yeah, let's do that....no reason to be so harsh on the guy....I really hope he is NOT brought back, it's time to move on. I'm really disappointed in him, he had so much potential but I don't hate him for it. He always seemed to be in great shape and there were to my knowledge zero off field incidents.....and if there ever was a guy who could have used HGH it was him...and no PED suspensions. Outside of the AFC West I wish him the best.
        Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Wheels
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • San Diego
          • Send PM

It is time to move on simply because he's not reliable enough. It's too bad. He has talent and ability, but can't stay healthy.

Comment

• TABF
            Por debajo del promedio
            • Jun 2013
            • SoCal
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Wheels View Post
            It is time to move on simply because he's not reliable enough. It's too bad. He has talent and ability, but can't stay healthy.
            It is time to move on, as (1) He has had 4 years to prove his worth, (2) He has had flashes of greatness, however, he simply IS NOT DURABLE and (C) He isn't getting any younger.

I would not say he is a cancer in the typical locker room sense, nor have we heard anything to validate that claim. Could a "china doll" athlete that is getting 'paid', become a cancer in a locker room? Sure they can (See Gaither), however, I don't see (on his first contract) that being the case with Mathews. Now, if he gets a blistering contract, and continues onward with his lack of durability, sure, his presence can be potentially cancerous, but not in the sense that the player is a cancer.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
              SLAM DUNK!
              • Jun 2013
              • East County San Diego
              • Bolt fanatic
              • Send PM

If we let Mathews go what becomes of our RB situation. We are stuck with Donald Brown, we have Woodhead coming back hopefully, and Brandon Oliver. I don't like going in to the season with those guys as our top 3 RB but with those guys around we are not attractive to FA and we have needs where going RB high in the draft will keep us from filling other spots.

So if Mathews is not brought back what is the plan at RB?
              migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
                If we let Mathews go what becomes of our RB situation. We are stuck with Donald Brown, we have Woodhead coming back hopefully, and Brandon Oliver. I don't like going in to the season with those guys as our top 3 RB but with those guys around we are not attractive to FA and we have needs where going RB high in the draft will keep us from filling other spots.

So if Mathews is not brought back what is the plan at RB?
                TT already said he is bringing Brown back, so we'll need to draft or sign a FA to go along with Woodhead and Oliver.

Comment

• QSmokey
                  Guardedly Optimistic
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kuna, Idaho
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                  TT already said he is bringing Brown back, so we'll need to draft or sign a FA to go along with Woodhead and Oliver.
                  Mark Ingram's name has come up; he's sort of a Mathews-type runner. But he has also had injury issues. Others have mentioned Lynch and - GASP! - Petersen, but I doubt either guy is even on our radar.

Comment

The two guys who will be unrestricted FAs that I'm keeping my eye on are Justin Forsett and Demarco Murray (although I'd be surprised if the Cowboys didn't tag him or give him a big contract).

Comment

• QSmokey
                      Guardedly Optimistic
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kuna, Idaho
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
                      The two guys who will be unrestricted FAs that I'm keeping my eye on are Justin Forsett and Demarco Murray (although I'd be surprised if the Cowboys didn't tag him or give him a big contract).
                      Murry is yet another guy with injury issues! But I doubt the Cowboys let him get away. I'm embarrassed to admit I don't know who Justin Forrestt is!

Comment

• TTK
                        EX-Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • America's Finest City
                        • Send PM

Screw it, bring in AP! Bring in Suh! It's a push year!

:dancingbolt:

Comment

Working...
                        X