Is Ryan Mathews the Mark Prior of FootBall ??

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
    Screw it, bring in AP! Bring in Suh! It's a push year!
    Why not?
    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• CTrout
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

If the OL is truly priority #1 then I really don't think RB is a huge need. Many average RB's have looked
      great behind solid lines. When this OL looked good and blocked, Oliver looked more than good enough.

Bringing in a low priced FA or late round pick could be an option but how much playing time will they
      get?

Comment

• Bordious
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Haleiwa, HI
        • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
        Why not?
        Lets get real, when has any SD team made a big splash in FA, outside of what the Padres are doing this offseason? Suh would be my greatest dream as a Charger fan, he would instantly add a backbone to a team that desperately needs and probably hasn't had one since Seau and Rodney left the team.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bordious View Post
          Lets get real, when has any SD team made a big splash in FA, outside of what the Padres are doing this offseason? Suh would be my greatest dream as a Charger fan, he would instantly add a backbone to a team that desperately needs and probably hasn't had one since Seau and Rodney left the team.
          The question is, when has Tommy T made a splash in free agency?

He hasn't yet. But he's only going into his 3rd season an should have some money to spend
          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• QSmokey
            Guardedly Optimistic
            • Jun 2013
            • Kuna, Idaho
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
            The question is, when has Tommy T made a splash in free agency?

He hasn't yet. But he's only going into his 3rd season an should have some money to spend
            Assuming all of these guys were even available (i.e., not already tagged), I'd be more than shocked if he even INQUIRED about Suh, Houston, JPP, Lynch, DThomas...and positively floored (not to mentioned outraged) if he brought in Petersen.

Comment

• foreigner
              Tom Telesco is gone
              • Sep 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bordious View Post
              John Butler did an attempt. or a FA Bills Splas....

Comment

• TABF
                Por debajo del promedio
                • Jun 2013
                • SoCal
                • Send PM

Potential RB Questionnaire:
                1. Has anyone ever referred to you as a china doll, a puss, wuss, sissy, asshole, cry baby, injury prone, a liability or an idiot in any sense? If YES, please leave as we have no further use for you, if NO, please continue on with the questionnaire.
                2. Are you currently a RB that is (a) eligible for the NFL draft or (b) a Free agent on another team, bagging groceries or otherwise available for roughly 24 weeks of NFL Football? If yes, please continue.
                3. TWO PART, Yes is required on both to move on. (a) Can you dance or otherwise have descent rhythm and footwork and (b) Would you consider yourself a fast runner (Answer no, if you can only beat the fat guys on the field) If yes to both, please continue.
                4. Have you dropped your cell phone in the past month? If Yes, immediately drop this form and get the F out.
                5. Do you have regular color vision (can you tell the difference between the color of your teammates back and a large opening lined w/green grass leading to what we call an end zone. If yes, sign here, your worth a shot.

Comment

fender57
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Suh, Hali, AP.

Get it done, TT.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                    Grammar Police
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Don't forget Beluga and Iupati!
                    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Boltx
                      Dominate the day
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                      Suh, Hali, AP.

Get it done, TT.
                      Who's gonna block for AP?

But in all seriousness, I doubt any of us could ever fathom the rigors of an NFL season. I can't hate on Mathews for not being able to stay healthy - although it is disappointing because he is very talented. I don't think he should be brought back, but I don't harbor any ill will towards him either. He just didn't work out for us - time to move on.
                      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Sec-E4
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2014
                        • Arizona
                        • Send PM

I didn't mean Mathews is a locker room cancer (team player/Ego wise), I was joking and saying he's a cancer as in, His China Doll status has spread through out the whole team and the entire team got hurt. Even the team doctor got injured, Hell, Most of our Cheer leaders were on the IR or cheering hurt, They tuff'd it out thou! Lindsey cheered with a broken rib and a sore throat for the last half of the season, She's the Philip Rivers of the Cheer squad
                        Last edited by Sec-E4; 01-07-2015, 11:12 PM.

Comment

• Beerman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Eastlake
                          • Send PM

Biggest loss to this offense was Woodhead, not Matthews.

Improve the interior O line and holes will actually open for the running game, despite who's back there.

Comment

Working...
                          X