Clear All
  • bonehead
    Undrafted
    • Jul 2013
    • TBD
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Peremptor View Post
    I would have thought the question would be Leaf or Gilbride.

better, but nothing compares to Leaf.....I blame Gilbride for what happened to Stan Humphries. He kept putting Stan in 5-7 step drops against Cincy and it got him killed......at least thats how I remember it.
    Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

This is good news! It will not be hard for TT to improve the oline! From the bottom, no ware to go but up!

Dunlap Watt Vet FA Fluker Draft pick or Vet FA.
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• WindsorUK
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Windsor, U.K.
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
        This is good news! It will not be hard for TT to improve the oline! From the bottom, no ware to go but up!

Dunlap Watt Vet FA Fluker Draft pick or Vet FA.
        That's what I'm thinking as well. And I imagine Trevor Robinson will get a shot at starting in the middle. So, we may be able to rebuild our line for the price of a RT( which, hopefully, should not break the bank)

Comment

• SDFan
          Woober Goober
          • Jun 2013
          • Dolores, CO
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
          better, but nothing compares to Leaf.....I blame Gilbride for what happened to Stan Humphries. He kept putting Stan in 5-7 step drops against Cincy and it got him killed......at least thats how I remember it.
          might want to check your timelines on that. Humphries was our Super Bowl QB in 1994 under Boss Ross with a different OC and only lasted 5 years with us (92-97)before retiring. Gilbride was hired around same time Leaf was drafted - 1998, was bitching about not getting Rob Johnson as his starting QB while BB tried to get Erik Kramer (and got played) and only lasted 1.5 seasons. I'm doing this from memory and could be wrong, but I don't think there was much, if any, overlap with Humphries and Killpride in the same year was there? I do remember Stan's head repeatedly bouncing off the turf in Cincy, but I'm not sure we can blame Killpride for that.
          Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Foxbatkllr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
            might want to check your timelines on that. Humphries was our Super Bowl QB in 1994 under Boss Ross with a different OC and only lasted 5 years with us (92-97)before retiring. Gilbride was hired around same time Leaf was drafted - 1998, was bitching about not getting Rob Johnson as his starting QB while BB tried to get Erik Kramer (and got played) and only lasted 1.5 seasons. I'm doing this from memory and could be wrong, but I don't think there was much, if any, overlap with Humphries and Killpride in the same year was there? I do remember Stan's head repeatedly bouncing off the turf in Cincy, but I'm not sure we can blame Killpride for that.
            Gilbride was hired before the start of the 1997 season. Humphries played in 8 games that season. He missed game 2 of the season then was knocked out against Cincinatti in game 9.
            Last edited by Foxbatkllr; 01-10-2015, 09:08 AM.

Comment

• bonehead
              Undrafted
              • Jul 2013
              • TBD
              • Retired
              • Send PM

No, I remember it correctly....Gilbride was the coach and he did call the plays ......the week before Gary Brown and crew put up 200 yards on the ground and against Cincy Gilbride (offensive genius ) had Stan throw over 40 times..he was sacked 5 or 6 times and then had the concussion that ended his career and brought on the Leaf era....check the timeline

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• SDFan
                Woober Goober
                • Jun 2013
                • Dolores, CO
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                No, I remember it correctly....Gilbride was the coach and he did call the plays ......the week before Gary Brown and crew put up 200 yards on the ground and against Cincy Gilbride (offensive genius ) had Stan throw over 40 times..he was sacked 5 or 6 times and then had the concussion that ended his career and brought on the Leaf era....check the timeline
                by gum, you're right. that's what I get for not checking 1st. I didn't remember him being hired a full season before the big QB controversy draft. ldmarine:

So, basically the guy expedited the end of the career of 1 of our best QBs, and prevented another from ever getting a decent career started. shoulda named him QBKilla.
                Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• bonehead
                  Undrafted
                  • Jul 2013
                  • TBD
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

by gum, you're right. that's what I get for not checking 1st. I didn't remember him being hired a full season before the big QB controversy draft. ldmarine:

So, basically the guy expedited the end of the career of 1 of our best QBs, and prevented another from ever getting a decent career started. shoulda named him QBKilla.
                  LOL, I had to go back to see if "I" wasn't pulling a McFly and rearranging the past.....but I just remember Stan getting pummeled and that asshole/arrogant jerk Gilbride just kept calling deep drop passing plays, at that point I understood how Buddy Ryan felt.

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Kyle
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

With all these rankings I'd love to see one for team injuries. I wouldn't be surprised if we suffered the most (or close) the past two years.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X