• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BearWithJetpack
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

I think there are too many variables in a football game for them to be full on rigged, but I think it's pretty obvious to anyone watching that there is clearly a bias where certain players and teams receive calls that an average player wouldn't. Strangely, these trends tend to almost always be based on popularity and thus profitability. Not insurmountable to any professional team, but teams are not always playing on a level playing field.

Comment

• Boltgang74
      We Are The Storm!
      • Aug 2018
      • Send PM

I spoke about this in the old Charger forum.A lawyer for the NFL for many years spoke out about how the nfl games were rigged.He was murdered not too soon after making these claims.Look up how and why the NFL was renamed Sports Entertainment back in JFK's days I believe.Only other sport titled this way is Pro Wrestling.Think that shit is real?

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
        Outback Goon
        • Sep 2018
        • Australia
        • Send PM

you cannot keep a secret between 4 people. Whats to stop some dude hard on his luck from selling the story to TMZ

I do beleive in bias. Humans are human

Comment

• Boltgang74
          We Are The Storm!
          • Aug 2018
          • Send PM

Whats kinda shockin to me is folks believe Vegas and a group of ultra rich billionaires would leave anything to chance?Thats just bad business.

Comment

• Charge!
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Biggestfan View Post
            Over the course of the last decade I have seen some very fishy things occurring particularly in the NFL and NBA. Does anyone think that sports leagues are culpable in fixing, or I'll say tampering with certain games to sway the outcome to provide favorable matchups. Sports leagues are businesses. The NFL as an example considers itself an "entertainment" entity rather than a sports entity. I think both the Colts and the Browns most recently were hosed in their playoff games. I can think of numerous other playoff games in recent memory where there were key penalties, non calls, and other shenanigans that occurred. Just a discussion.
            Some people say its not true, but it does seem like it at times......

The players make too much to be paid off but the refs are not paid too much to be paid off and they are the only people in total control of the game..... and they cannot be questioned..... so opportunity is there.... lol

I do wonder when a star RB runs the ball for most of a drive but when it is first and goal at the one, sometimes the coach switches the star RB for some 3rd string bench warmer and give them the TD???..... which sticks it to the FF players!.... lol.... and that happens quite a bit....

Also...... on last play of DEN game in 2019, Chargers had less than a FG lead and the DEN rookie QB throws up a hail mary from his 20 that was way off target but the DEN WR ran into the Chargers DB ..... no time on clock but miracle PI penalty gives DEN a shot to win in DEN with a long FG that would be near impossible anywhere but mile high...... DEN makes the super long FG and wins the game..... I dont know what point spread was but that was a very iffy call by refs.....even announcers said so.....

Comment

• kgbpasha
              #болтап
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

The NFL is an entertainment business. They don't need to "rig" games
              to take our money.
              So no, there is no conspiracy. That's poor people talk.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2019
                • Utah
                • Midnight Toker
                • Send PM

I don' t know. I think you can find something fishy or that doesn't look right if you are look for that sort of thing.

However, it wouldn't surprise me at all. Seems like everything everyone are corrupt in some way these days.

Comment

• foreigner
                  Tom Telesco is gone
                  • Sep 2013
                  • Send PM

Personally I thought the Ravens-Pittsburgh (Dec 2) week 12 game looked very suspicious to me... it seemed like Pittsburgh let the Ravens score that last touchdown to cover the spread or something.... just take a look at the last touchdown from the ravens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw4S00rPbZM Mintue 7:45

Comment

• Parcells
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

The NBA used to know that certain refs were more likely to give calls to home teams. If they had a game 6 in a series with the home team down 3-2, they’d select those refs to officiate the game in the hopes that it would make a game 7 more likely. If the home team was up 3-2, they wouldn’t send those refs.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
                      Personally I thought the Ravens-Pittsburgh (Dec 2) week 12 game looked very suspicious to me... it seemed like Pittsburgh let the Ravens score that last touchdown to cover the spread or something.... just take a look at the last touchdown from the ravens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw4S00rPbZM Mintue 7:45
                      I don't think teams give one shit on whether they cover a spread or not. I wouldn't, Id just want to win and if it's by 3 or 23,...its all good and I wouldn't care what the spread is. Goodell is totally against gambling so I doubt it is going on.
                      11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
                      35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                      37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                      66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan​
                      69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                      100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                      110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                      140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                      181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
                      225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st /253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• Biggestfan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                        I spoke about this in the old Charger forum.A lawyer for the NFL for many years spoke out about how the nfl games were rigged.He was murdered not too soon after making these claims.Look up how and why the NFL was renamed Sports Entertainment back in JFK's days I believe.Only other sport titled this way is Pro Wrestling.Think that shit is real?
                        Very interesting. I don't think every game and the entire season is quote unquote scripted. However as the season unfolds and playoff scenarios become more clear, why leave an unfavorable matchup the chance to happen. I don't know if you remember a few years ago but Jacksonville should have been in the superbowl. All of a sudden the entire game changed second half of the title game and our old friends New England were back in it again.

Comment

• KrazyLegs
                          Registered Dude
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Westminster, MA
                          • Send PM

I remember watching Game 6 of the 2002 WCF between the Kings & Lakers and being convinced that it was fixed.

In retrospect, it was probably just really, really, really bad officiating that hugely favored the Lakers.

But it sure looked like the fix was in at the time.

Comment

Working...
                          X