• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

I agree with Fleet: win games and watch the fan base grow.

But I guarantee the Chargers’ social media team has been charged with invigorating/building a fan base. It’s a marketable team in a big-market town. And we need to fill the seats at SoFi—preferably with Charger fans. They’re doing a good job from their end. The winning games part is up to the players and the new coaching staff.

The Boltanic ship is coming back from the deep (turning).
    There...fixed it for 'ya!

Comment

• Tol
      From Accounting
      • Mar 2019
      • Carlsbad
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

4 guys represented by 3 agents sounds like 2 of them are just representing one guy. Did they have any other clients that did sign?
      Just looking at the first round guys, there's only 2 players who are also with CAA (and two of the three agents) who have already signed; Mac Jones and Kwity Paye.

Trey Lance, Slater, AVT, and Greg Newsome are all with CAA sports and still unsigned.

Comment

• Xenos
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Tol View Post

Just looking at the first round guys, there's only 2 players who are also with CAA (and two of the three agents) who have already signed; Mac Jones and Kwity Paye.

Trey Lance, Slater, AVT, and Greg Newsome are all with CAA sports and still unsigned.
        CAA has been a headache recently. I’m pretty sure they represented Joey in 2016.

Comment

• Xenos
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

CAA has been a headache recently. I’m pretty sure they represented Joey in 2016.
            How stupid is the Charger Brass on this one? Even if we guarantee his entire salary for the four years it's only around $4 mil per year. Not having the 13th pick in camp on day 1 is insane and I said the same thing on Chargers forum about the problems with Joey Bosa contract.

:mybrainhurts:
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolt Dude
              Draftnik
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

There...fixed it for 'ya!
              Thanks!

But come to think of it, I’d rather have another team’s fate aligned with the Titanic…considering it sank and all.

Let’s give it to the Titans. Seems apropos.

Chargers can have the USS Zumwalt, the largest and most technologically advance warship destroyer on the planet.

As Wu-Dai likes to say: we play modern football.
              Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                Beef Before Gazelles
                • May 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Thanks!

But come to think of it, I’d rather have another team’s fate aligned with the Titanic…considering it sank and all.

Let’s give it to the Titans. Seems apropos.

Chargers can have the USS Zumwalt, the largest and most technologically advance warship destroyer on the planet.

As Wu-Dai likes to say: we play modern football.

Who's Zoomin' who?!? Go Zoomers!!!

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                  Based on that dudes pits it looks toasty out there.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

EDGE Kyler Fackrell talks about decision to sign with Chargers

Gavino Borquez
                    July 20, 2021 12:47 pm PT
                    To add depth to the edge defender room, the Chargers signed Kyler Fackrell back in March.

Fackrell brings plenty of experience to Los Angeles, having six seasons in the NFL under his belt, four with the Packers and one with the Giants.

The decision to make the move to the West Coast was primarily to play for the defensive-minded head coach Brandon Staley.

“It had a lot to do with coach Staley,” Fackrell said. “I know Corey (Linsley) and I’m very excited to be back on a team with Corey and Bryan Bulaga. I was there (in Green Bay) with Jared Cook, too.

Those are all great guys. But really, it was the conversation that I had with coach Staley and learning his passion for football and for defense and it was kind of the energy that he brings.”

Serving as a backup to Joey Bosa and Uchenna Nwosu, Fackrell is a guy that the team will be able to rely on.

Fackrell has 20.5 sacks in five seasons, with his most productive season coming in 2018 when he had 10.5 sacks with Green Bay.

This season, Fackrell will have the opportunity to match his personal best by playing in Staley’s system that will get the most out of him by putting him in one-on-one situations and favorable matchups.

“It’s gonna be great for me, for us as EDGE players, and for us on defense.”
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• Xenos
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

How stupid is the Charger Brass on this one? Even if we guarantee his entire salary for the four years it's only around $4 mil per year. Not having the 13th pick in camp on day 1 is insane and I said the same thing on Chargers forum about the problems with Joey Bosa contract.

I’m sure it’s more complicated than that.
                      Edit: Just an example but what if Slater’s agent wanted him to be paid more than some of the draft picks ahead of him?
                      Last edited by Xenos; 07-21-2021, 07:27 AM.

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

They still have time to get this done, don't throw in the towel ahead of time. I'd bet that Slater doesn't want to miss a day of camp.
                        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Slaters' short arms can't reach a pen!
                          Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

Working...