• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
    Patrick Peterson to Free safety anyone? Seems the Cardinals are parting ways and Mike thinks he could move over to Free safety for the remainder of his career.

I am really hesitant about signing players 30+. Joseph did well, Harris got hurt. Hayward was hurt. I would still prefer guys closer to their prime - Marcus Williams if he fits, John Johnson III of course with the STaley connection; possibly even Rayshawn Jenkins back

Pay for player for what they will do; not for what they have done. So I see the names like Von Miller (if released) or JJ Watt or Patrick Peterson and for all, I think if the money is the same - getting the younger player. I probably am not bringing Hayward back. If you are hoping he might be better with less injuries - that doesn't seem smart. Miller and Watt might be able to get away with it for their positions - not DB

The Chargers are not keeping up with the Chiefs with older players slowing down.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

As important as free agency may be to the Chargers this year, another market that may be nearly as lucrative this offseason, will be the cuts and trade market...I would think, with the reduced cap, and so many teams in the hole, we will see a lot of cuts, and a lot of attempted trades...somebody in the know help me out...can't all of that start right now? Trades at least, but what about cuts? Is there some date teams will wait for, to mitigate cap hits? Also...are offseason cuts/releases subject to waiver consideration? I'm not up to speed with all the rules in this regard...but I would think we will start seeing some activity in the upcoming weeks, before free agency hits?
      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

New season starts on March 1. No trades are official until then.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
          Patrick Peterson to Free safety anyone? Seems the Cardinals are parting ways and Mike thinks he could move over to Free safety for the remainder of his career.

He's being linked to Tompa
          Heyward looks like a good fit at FS
          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
            As important as free agency may be to the Chargers this year, another market that may be nearly as lucrative this offseason, will be the cuts and trade market...I would think, with the reduced cap, and so many teams in the hole, we will see a lot of cuts, and a lot of attempted trades...somebody in the know help me out...can't all of that start right now? Trades at least, but what about cuts? Is there some date teams will wait for, to mitigate cap hits? Also...are offseason cuts/releases subject to waiver consideration? I'm not up to speed with all the rules in this regard...but I would think we will start seeing some activity in the upcoming weeks, before free agency hits?
            This is a good point about signing players that are cut for cap space. There could be opportunity to sign veterans on pretty cheap deals. The really good free agents will still get paid. But there will be veterans looking to sign one year prove it deals with the lower cap and than try to get paid again next offseason. If a team is smart, strategic, patient, diligent and judicious - and has cap space - this year could be a good year in free agency

If a player is cut between now and March 15 - that player can be signed.

Trades cannot happen until the new league year starts which I think is in March. If a player is a true free agent -- meaning they played out their contract, the free agent window to talk to the player starts March 15 and Free Agency opens March 17

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

He's being linked to Tompa
              Heyward looks like a good fit at FS
              I am still looking at John Johnson, Marcus Williams or even Rayshawn Jenkins opposite DJ33; maybe even taking a chance on a guy like Malik Hooker too

Comment

• CTrout
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Agree. I think there will be a lot of good players cut.

An added bonus is these players won't count against us for comp picks.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by CTrout View Post

Agree. I think there will be a lot of good players cut.

An added bonus is these players won't count against us for comp picks.
                  Two reasons I wanted Trufant over Chris Harris last year
                  1) he had played in Gus Bradley defenses
                  2) he wouldn't have counted against comp picks

I am not sure if the Chargers will be players in the comp pick game: Ingram, maybe Feeney, possibly Hunter Henry or Rayshawn Jenkins if they are not back - but you never know. Its just another avenue smart teams use to their advantage

Mike Williams won't count I do not believe.n Or Trai Turner and Casey Hayward if released

Just reading Jourdan Rodrique from The Athletic - she works the Rams beat. She was talking about the Rams offseason - their "to-do" list with their cap situation - -she mentioned two names

Floyd - but the Rams might bring him back as he was so good as Edge Rusher but also mentioned he might go with Staley

John Johnson III - he called the Rams plays for Staley last year for the defense so he might be of value in a Staley defense for the Chargers

Of the two - I think its more likely JJ3 moves across town than Leonard Floyd. I am good with that too

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

I like the Safeties on our roster.
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                      • Send PM

Apologize if already reported...roto world story on Thuney and Patriots not even close on agreement, and likelyhood of him being available....THAT is very interesting...veteran left guard to start next to a rookie left tackle...I would pay that guy good money to come to the Chargers...that would be huge.
                      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Apologize if already reported...roto world story on Thuney and Patriots not even close on agreement, and likelyhood of him being available....THAT is very interesting...veteran left guard to start next to a rookie left tackle...I would pay that guy good money to come to the Chargers...that would be huge.
                        Thuney would be a solid addition. And he's durable. NEVER missed a game in 5 years! He earned close to the league minimum his first 3 years, so he'll probably be looking for a payday in his second contract. Pay da man, TT!!!

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                          French Speaking Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Québec city
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                          I like the Safeties on our roster.
                          Me too. As long as Addae stay depth.
                          At CB, it's a different story.

Comment

Working...