• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChargersPowderBlue
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post

One for sure, I am going to trust Coach Staley in his player evaluations and make the necessary changes I can see where he was on point with some evaluations and moved on from others no particular order

1. Tyron Johnson cut even though a lot of us questioned the move as of today he only has one reception for the Jacksonville Jaguars
    2 Mike Williams he thought he would have a big season- Yes absolutely correct
    3. Tillery he said before camp and through camp he though Tillery would improve - well Tillery has the physical make up which may of made him come to that conclusion but it is the same old Tillery
    4. Adderley he said before camp and through camp he though he would improve and was excited about him - outside of the Cleveland game miss tackles his game has improved and he is playing fast
    5. KJ Hill not sure what he seen in him as a returner other than maybe good hands, it took some time but right decision was made
    6. To be determine is Viscanno the kicker he probably is the next domino to fall
    7. Pip is here I guess because no one is out there???

Overall I trust Staley he is in know way like Lynn in being loyal and stubborn. Staley may be off in a few of his assessments but he has shown to acknowledged them an make adjustment
    Tyron Johnson - The Jaguars have a lot of good wideouts to choose from. Johnson was the 4th or 5th WR when he was active for JAX. He's lower on their depth chart currently.

Jerry Tillery - He's weak against the run. But aside from that, he hasn't been that bad. He came up big in the KC game. He's also the only DL, along with Covington in splashes, who provides a pass rush on the IDL. Where this team still needs help.

Nasir Adderley - He's done well at times, and then there are other times he seems like the same old Adderley.

Trey Pipkins - You can try to get a young OT with less experience, but that could be dangerous, not that many young OTs can step up and do well right away like Slater. Better to stick with Pipkins who has experience under his belt and can still get better.

Originally posted by blueman View Post

The few times he’s seen the field this season, he’s cost us with dumb penalties.
    What about when he's done something good? Do you only pay attention to the times he's done something bad?

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
    The people who said that just having a healthy Derwin James come back will get the defense to be elite is wrong. His impact has helped the defense a great deal, and it's gotten better with him back, but it doesn't band-aid the other weak areas on the roster.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
        What about when he's done something good? Do you only pay attention to the times he's done something bad?
        Missed it. Video?

Schofield was a street signing, he’s playing better than Pip ever has. We had UDFAs at OT who played at least as good as Pip this preseason, guess they didn’t have Pip’s upside, whatever that is.

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Missed it. Video?

Schofield was a street signing, he’s playing better than Pip ever has. We had UDFAs at OT who played at least as good as Pip this preseason, guess they didn’t have Pip’s upside, whatever that is.
            Pip was one of those raw prospect with tremendous upside that never should have started his rookie year. I thought he did okay when he was thrown into the fire his rookie season. Learning a new offensive scheme under a new OL coach during a shortened Covid offseason probably didn’t help his development last year either. Now he’s on to his third OL coach in as many years. At this point, I feel like Staley is trying to make up for what happened and trying to have him ready for next year. But personally, I think his development was ruined.

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

I also want to add that that OT class in 2019 was absolutely wretched. Even the LT that I liked and would have traded up for, Andre Dillard, has been an injury bust. He has been supplanted by 7th rounder Jordan Mailata.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Figured he would go to the PS. Won't be surprised to see him elevated for games, especially if there are WR injuries.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

No one else in the NFL wanted KJ Hill.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Birmingham AL
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Tyron Johnson - The Jaguars have a lot of good wideouts to choose from. Johnson was the 4th or 5th WR when he was active for JAX. He's lower on their depth chart currently.

Jerry Tillery - He's weak against the run. But aside from that, he hasn't been that bad. He came up big in the KC game. He's also the only DL, along with Covington in splashes, who provides a pass rush on the IDL. Where this team still needs help.

Nasir Adderley - He's done well at times, and then there are other times he seems like the same old Adderley.

Trey Pipkins - You can try to get a young OT with less experience, but that could be dangerous, not that many young OTs can step up and do well right away like Slater. Better to stick with Pipkins who has experience under his belt and can still get better.

The people who said that just having a healthy Derwin James come back will get the defense to be elite is wrong. His impact has helped the defense a great deal, and it's gotten better with him back, but it doesn't band-aid the other weak areas on the roster.
                    To make it fair. When he does something good, and I am not talking about helping in the locker room or passing out water on the sidelines, but in a game, on the field of play. You make a thread about it so everyone can see, then we can all pay attention.

Until that time we will have to stick with when he has done something bad.

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Pip was one of those raw prospect with tremendous upside that never should have started his rookie year. I thought he did okay when he was thrown into the fire his rookie season. Learning a new offensive scheme under a new OL coach during a shortened Covid offseason probably didn’t help his development last year either. Now he’s on to his third OL coach in as many years. At this point, I feel like Staley is trying to make up for what happened and trying to have him ready for next year. But personally, I think his development was ruined.
                      I agree. Ruined.
                      He looks more incompetent as a blocker now that last year. Putting him in on presumably simpler additional blocker plays has literally been a disaster.
                      He's made enough laps circling the drain, Let him go.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Why would the Falcons want to trade for Pip?
                        It’s a 6th for Koo but it upgrades to a 5th if they take Pip off our hands.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
                          The Atheltic had an article about LAC tendencies. Our two most common coverages are Cover 3 and Cover 1.

We're aligning split saftey but bringing up a safety at the snap for better run fit. Players aren't executing. We didn't face outside zone last year like we have this year (NFC S, AFC E, plus JAX)

Per sharpfootballstats.com defensive rushing directional productivity database by far our worst run defense is off tackle right and wide right. BLT, CLE, DAL all targeted here. Our 2020 numbers were overwhelmingly targeted in the middle, in 2021 they're spread out with a tendency right (KC, LV, WAS didn't run right as much)

https://www.sharpfootballstats.com/d...ion--def-.html
                          Baltimore outcoached us. They saw our weaknesses and went after them. And we did same ole same ole.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X