• Show
Clear All
  • FoutsFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Birmingham AL
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Well Telesco will pass on him but a team like the Chiefs won't - he used to play there I think
    and come playoff time, will make a play to help the Chefs

Its three games and the playoffs - not a long term commitment. Also an area of need. Big time area of need. Go to the film but I am not letting today's actions stop the team from at least claiming him
    That is the problem we are only looking for guys that can fill in for the pope in a pinch. Other teams are looking for guys who can play. If he can still play sign him and I do not care if he can fill in for the Pope.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

With the injuries to James, Samuel and Gilman, the inconsistencies with the DBs - I think this is where you talk to your veterans, Linval, Linsley and see "what do you think?"

One thing, his contract is basically guaranteed game to game. If something happens, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
      Webb is also injured. Does anyone know if he was making progress? He was playing in some regular season games.

Comment

• Caslon
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2019
        • Send PM

Okay…were the Chargers O-line merely amped up this game getting JJ 18 carries for 6.6 yards
        per carry? Un-freaking real. Without Slater. How to get his stats near that again will be interesting in remaining games. It might have been the “important game” factor kicking in getting JJ doing good. Who knows? Next few weeks, JJ’s average might drop down to his usual 2.4 ypc or whatever. (Answer too, of course..game plan on any given Sunday thing). Guy really isn’t durable tho, not at all. JJ has to finish out these three games stellar like in order to retain his services. He should be given a chance in hell, as a final evaluation. JJ’s days as a Charger probably numbered, TT needs to cut those days. Sorry JJ, we hardly knew ye.
        Last edited by Caslon; 12-18-2021, 09:37 PM.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

That is the problem we are only looking for guys that can fill in for the pope in a pinch. Other teams are looking for guys who can play. If he can still play sign him and I do not care if he can fill in for the Pope.
          thats fair

my point was more that signing him at this time of the year is not like spending big money in free agency on the guy
          the risk is nominal but he might make a play or two that guys like Campbell or Kiondre or whomever -- won't make. I am serious about this - one of these last three games - a stop here, a pass deflection there - could win a game.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Yep...using scrubs to fill in for the Pope is like, ahem, committing the CARDINAL sin...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Bring back Marquez Pope.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

What about team chemistry? It appears that the guys on this team have an all-together feeling. If you bring in people of a different mindset do you ruin the whole chemistry? Do they start having fights in the locker room?
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

What about team chemistry? It appears that the guys on this team have an all-together feeling. If you bring in people of a different mindset do you ruin the whole chemistry? Do they start having fights in the locker room?
                  not on the defensive side of the ball. they respect our offense but not our defense so much!
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

thanks for the update

I looked yesterday -- Colts have the advantage with overall AFC record so losing to the Pats today gives them another aFC loss

Bills do not have a good AFC record and neither do the Broncos but as of today, Broncos own head to head
                    Bengals or Broncos - one of those two , unless a tie, will have 7 losses. I prefer the Bengals win as the Chargers own the head to head and all F**k the Broncos
                    Browns - Chargers own the head to head

So if the Chargers beat the TExans and Broncos - they will be at 10-6 - my guess, that will clinch them a spot before week 17 as I think enough teams will already be at 8 losses or the tiebreaker works for them
                    The Bronco game will then be huge.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

The Bronco game will then be huge.
                      Same way our rematch with KC was? Color me worried.

Comment

• Caslon
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2019
                        • Send PM

After this mini bye, should be a short injury report. Except for freaking COVID news.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Same way our rematch with KC was? Color me worried.
                          Yeah but we lost to Denver the first time. So we should win this time. That’s my logic and I’m sticking to it lol.

Comment

Working...
                          X