• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

And, remember, we are deeper at wideout than TE...
    Its not my money but if the Chargers can get Hunter Henry at 60ish/5 - just for cap purposes - that again would be fine by me. If he truly wants Kittle money 75/5 or Kelce, 57/4 - than I think you have to let him test the market. He is not as good as those two players. But he is darn good.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Not that I want Telesco to go after Golladay or even Allen Robinson if not tagged or Juju - but the more WRs, the better for getting a long term deal done with Mike Williams. He is not at their level so should be able to get him for something like 4/46 (maybe a 4/50) type deal to lower that cap number

I
      He would be if he got more targets. Thats the only thing holding his pay back. Keenan gets 1.5 times the targets but in this case, thats a good thing for his pay scale but i dont think MW is a worse WR than Juju. Juju only averaged 9.6 YPC last season and does stupid shit.

This also can be a deciding fasctor for MW. He doesnt NEED to accept what we offer. If he thinks he is worth more, he can turn it down. Just depends on how much he wants to stay but i wont fault anyone for wanting to be paid their worth.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He would be if he got more targets. Thats the only thing holding his pay back. Keenan gets 1.5 times the targets but in this case, thats a good thing for his pay scale but i dont think MW is a worse WR than Juju. Juju only averaged 9.6 YPC last season and does stupid shit.

This also can be a deciding fasctor for MW. He doesnt NEED to accept what we offer. If he thinks he is worth more, he can turn it down. Just depends on how much he wants to stay but i wont fault anyone for wanting to be paid their worth.
        Mike Williams doesn't get as many targets as Keenan because Keenan is always open and Mike is not. Separation has never been MW's strong suit. When you are a QB and you see the separation KA consistently makes, who are you going to throw it to?

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Why would Hunter Henry take a team favorable deal now that he has won his freedom? I hate losing him, but I see someone else giving him more money and more opportunity at a championship.

Im curious to see if Belicheat has him at the top of their list.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
            Why would Hunter Henry take a team favorable deal now that he has won his freedom? I hate losing him, but I see someone else giving him more money and more opportunity at a championship.

Well that wouldn't be the Patriots as they don't have a QB - yet.

The Colts are an option for Hunter Henry; Also have read the Jaguars. I dare say the best QB is on the Chargers unless Wentz bounces back

I have no idea what Hunter Henry asked for and as a free agent - he should ask for all that he can get. I do not begrudge the Chargers letting him test the market.
            Cap is cap though ...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I am all for Mike Williams or any player getting what they can - especially in the NFL without the long term guaranteed dollars
              But also as part of the CBA - the Chargers are within their rights to rescind the option if they so choose

Comment

• Charge!
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Mike Williams doesn't get as many targets as Keenan because Keenan is always open and Mike is not. Separation has never been MW's strong suit. When you are a QB and you see the separation KA consistently makes, who are you going to throw it to?
                KA is not fast but lighting quick route runner so he usually is the first Chargers receiver to get open...... MW runs deeper routes and takes longer to get separation...... when a QB has little time to throw, the guy who gets open quickest gets the ball.....

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                  Draftnik
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

If retained, MW will get more targets as he continues to grow chemistry with JH.

No, MW doesn’t create route separation like KA, or vertical separation like JG or TJ.

Building chemistry with a receiver like MW takes a certain level of trust—not an easy thing for a rookie to establish, especially with zero TC reps.

But PR figured it out and JH will too.

Think back to JH’s Oregon days...he’s never had a WR like MW. Give them a full TC together, then see what happens.
                  Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• MagicMamba88
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Send PM

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

I say Baloney to this! Extremely hot rookie QB on a rookie salary is the ticket to the championship! Last couple of years he's played average so if he wants $15 mil I'll help him pack his bags.

:2cents:
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

I like Henry and I like M Williams. They're good players butt neither is elite. Hopefully we can get a deal done but if not I support the TT / Staley brain trust. There is no doubt that Staley had a vision for his Chargers moving forward. Let's see what BS stands for! A great HC or the other thing.

Comment

Working...
                          X