Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by alex8080 View Post
    is jason spriggs worth a chance at LT?
    I'd be down w/that....
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Adoree Jackson is a pass for me. Telesco with his job in Jeapardy if h dont do well this year, id think he wouldnt take th chance that he took on Bulaga being and being injury prone. Besides being hurt alot the last two seasons, Jackson wasnt exactly all that either. Rather have Hill in that reagard and they should look into Ninjas boy Fabian Moreau instead.
      good name Moreau. Just read up a little. I like it. They have Kendall Fuller and just signed William Jackson. Hard to see them putting any decent cash for Moreau. thats really solid.

(and I agree about Adoree and Telesco and his job, so I would be fine with Hill. Adoree is a boom or bust for sure)

Comment

• CivilBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
        Heard Chargers are in talks with ex-steeler
        T ALEJANDRO VILLANUEVA

Has there been any more news on that?
        If we do get him, this OL will be much improved and require less time to gel. Proven vets with no rookie mistakes/learning curve. Me likey!

Comment

• MagicMamba88
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Send PM

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Barkley is horrible..... Daniels is a much better player ..... beat Chargers starters just using Chiefs backups...... Alex Smith would be a very solid vet backup who could also help teach Herbie.....and could actually win some games if needed.....
            Chase is probably my first choice. Better than Barkley. Cheaper than Alex Smith
            But you are right Smith would be excellent. Just not sure the dollars

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

good name Moreau. Just read up a little. I like it. They have Kendall Fuller and just signed William Jackson. Hard to see them putting any decent cash for Moreau. thats really solid.

(and I agree about Adoree and Telesco and his job, so I would be fine with Hill. Adoree is a boom or bust for sure)
              He has never boomed so imo its bust.

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltingUP View Post
                My only immediate time-concern right now is CB. We only have three and only one starter. We have KC and other teams loaded with receivers in our division. Rookie CB have to be drafted early if you want any starting production. I think we need a vet or two to bridge us to developing some young CB. Its getting to the time where we need to grab some soon!

As a general concern, I don't want to waste the cheap years of Herbert's contract building the team just to have to let go a bunch of players because we have to start paying 45 million a year for our QB. We need to be aggressive enough to have at least a two-year window with Herbert's rookie contract.
                agree w/that sentiment, and see the wisdom in signing Troy Hill sooner than later, and....

would wait Villanueva out in hopes that either his market price drops, or that another name surprises and enters the FA fray, as have no interest in drafting a purported franchise LT early in the draft.
                5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• AKFlyFisher
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Jorgecasas10 View Post
                  Great signing jared cook and doesnt count in compensatory picks
                  So a great signing is a 33 year old TE who is a poor blocker and has shown ball security issues.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He has never boomed so imo its bust.
                    The boom part is getting a first round pick fulfilling his potential. If Telesco picks a player with a higher floor, but lower ceiling, thats fine by me. I get Adoree would have risk associated.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Salary cap for FA after Cook signing:

Cap impact

Cook’s deal is reportedly for $4.5 million guaranteed. The $6 million figure likely includes incentives. So the cap hit should be $4.5 million. That lowers the Chargers’ spending space, by my calculations, to roughly $12.4 million. That factors in all other expenses, including rookie compensation and budgeting for in-season moves.

Comment

• BoltingUP
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2021
                        • Send PM

We can always create an easy 15-16 million cap space by restructuring Keenan and Joey's deal, just like everyone else. I don't know why we are the only team that seems restricted by a single cap that cannot be increased by contract restructuring. We can get the players we need if the coaches believe in their ability.

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Officially on board with Villanueva assuming the money works
                          penciled in at LOT, if we draft a legitimate LT like Walker, let him adjust to NFL without the pressure to start week 1.
                          if it’s a tackle who I consider a guard like Slater, start him at RG/swing T
                          AV had intangibles, too much pride to falter badley, playing next to a familiar face, in a few place, too much pride unlike Turner
                          Herbert makes AV look like 2018 AV
                          Villanueva Feiler Linsley Draftpick Bulaga is a good place to start.
                          Telesco’s smart cap management has put us in good position to use vets to transition our OL
                          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

Working...
                          X