• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Good hype! I'm always up for a new season but it's more than avg this year.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• FoutsFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Birmingham AL
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
        Awesome video, my only complaint was that I wish it were longer.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Oh God burn it with fire!

Sorry, I meant the jersey. She’s not bad looking at all. People have way too high of expectations sometimes. I thought Phil’s wife for example was perfectly lovely even though a lot of other people felt he married down.
          Haha bro, she's orange with fake teeth!
          I EXPECT herbert to have better vision and decision making haha
          bonus points for the dude in sweat pants checking out where her would be if she had one

P.S. mama Rivers gets credit in my book, they were together long before stardom and she never caved into looking like the super model trash some guys marry.
          2024: Far From Over

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• equivocation
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2021
              • Send PM

Maybe Herbert ain't the kind of kid to put his biz in the street.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Incredible YAC.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

They are both Karen Carpenter skinny for sure.
                    Dude, you're dating yourself. Only those of us of a certain age will understand this reference.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Dude, you're dating yourself. Only those of us of a certain age will understand this reference.
                      "We've Only Just Begun"...

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                        Here’s the full article:
                        The Chargers held their third and final open OTAs of the spring Monday in Costa Mesa. It was their seventh session of OTAs in total. They will hold their eighth OTAs on Tuesday and their ninth Thursday before a two-day mandatory next week, June 15 and 16.

Here are my takeaways.

1. Brandon Staley continues to generate outstanding participation in his first offseason as an NFL head coach. OTAs, of course, are voluntary. For the second straight open OTAs, more than 90 percent of the Chargers’ 82-man active roster was in attendance for the team’s on-field work. Only six players did not show: RB Austin Ekeler, C Corey Linsley, OG Oday Aboushi, TE Jared Cook, edge rusher Joey Bosa and DL Linval Joseph — all very established veterans. Cook and Linsley have been present for at least one practice, meaning 78 of the 82 rostered players have attended at least one session of OTAs. RT Bryan Bulaga was on the field after being absent for the first two open OTAs.

2. Backup quarterback Chase Daniel was back on the field after missing last week’s open session. And he is already clearly serving in a mentorship role for Justin Herbert. Daniel is intimately familiar with the Saints offense Joe Lombardi is installing as the new Chargers offensive coordinator. Daniel spent four seasons — 2010-12 and 2017 — as Drew Brees’ backup in New Orleans. He is going to be instrumental in Herbert’s learning and transitioning into this new scheme. The Chargers have been splitting their OTAs into two fields to maximize the number of reps each player gets. Herbert has been running the offense on the first field with the starters and veterans, and Easton Stick has been running the offense on the second field with the backups and most of the rookies. Daniel has been looking on from the second field. Monday, Daniel was joining the offensive huddles along with Herbert to listen in to the play calls before moving behind the play to observe. The Saints offense features notoriously long and complex play calls, and Daniel will be key in helping Herbert master this verbiage.

Quarterbacks coach and passing game coordinator Shane Day, formerly with the 49ers, raved about Daniel. “Chase has just brought a wealth of experience,” Day said Monday. “He’s helped us tremendously. He’s helped me tremendously. We have some great conversations in the quarterback room, and he’s able to bring all that experience that he’s had in the Saints offense and kind of bring it alive. And he’s also got a great personality. He’s been great for the room that way, too. It’s been really good having him here. I’m glad that we were able to get him, not only from the standpoint of teaching and kind of mentoring Justin, but he’s been able to give me some real-life experience, which is great, for this offense that I haven’t been a part of. So he’s been outstanding.”

3. With the Chargers moving on from Melvin Ingram, Uchenna Nwosu will be taking on a bigger role this season as the top edge rusher opposite Bosa. It will also be a slightly different role with Staley implementing his 3-4 defensive scheme. Nwosu said Monday he has been watching film of Rams edge rusher Leonard Floyd to get prepared. Floyd had a career season in 2020 with Staley as his defensive coordinator. Floyd had 10.5 sacks and parlayed that into a $64 million contract this offseason. Floyd had 11.5 sacks over his previous three seasons combined with the Bears. The Chargers are hoping for a similar leap from Nwosu, who is in a contract year. Nwosu played both strongside linebacker and defensive end over his first three NFL seasons in Gus Bradley’s scheme. He is expecting to take on more responsibilities in coverage in Staley’s scheme, something he did in 2018 and 2019 when he was still playing some linebacker. He was exclusively a defensive end in 2020. Nwosu said he is most excited for the “versatility” of Staley’s scheme. “Always being in the right situation at the right time,” Nwosu added. “He has a lot of different calls and different ways to get in and out of different defenses to make sure we’re in the right call and playing our best, so I’m really excited for that.”

4. Wide receiver Mike Williams is also entering the final year of his deal — the fifth-year option on his rookie contract. He said Monday he is going to let the front office and his agent handle any negotiations. “I’m not really focused on that,” Williams said. The Chargers would be silly to hand Williams an extension at this point. The organization loves him, but Williams is still a largely unproven player. His production has never matched his talent, mostly because of injuries. The Chargers do not need to create any cap space in the short term, which would be one reason to give a player an extension. They are better off letting Williams play on his fifth-year option — which counts for $15.68 million against the cap — and making a decision on him next offseason. That way they can see how he performs in this new offense and, just as importantly, see if he can finally stay healthy for a full season.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Comment

Working...
                          X