• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

IMHO chargers are keeping cap space open because they are aiming for Orlando Brown jr. They have passed a lot of talent and it’s not because they’re rolling cap over, it’s because they think they have a good chance at Brown and want to be ready to sign him to a long term deal.
    I don't think so. They offered more money to John Johnson than Cleveland, were in on Kyle Fuller and tried to resign Tevi. They are just losing out unless it is a very big smoke screen.
    But do they need to do a smoke screen for OBJ? Don't hear about nobody else trying to trade for him.

Comment

• Boltgang74
      We Are The Storm!
      • Aug 2018
      • Send PM

So any word on Pitt's CB Stephen Nelson?

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
        So any word on Pitt's CB Stephen Nelson?
        Nothing confirmed, but speculation Nelson fits well with the Niners, Colts or Bengals:

The Pittsburgh Steelers' tight salary cap situation forced them to make tough decisions this offseason, and led to the release of Steven Nelson on Tuesday.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2020
          • Oklahoma
          • Send PM

Fackrell sure seems like a Staley fit and smart. The abilities to recognize the pass and to protect the edge are obvious from the highlights.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
            Draftnik
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
            Fackrell sure seems like a Staley fit and smart. The abilities to recognize the pass and to protect the edge are obvious from the highlights.
            Agreed. A lot of those highlights show him blowing up screens, too. Good awareness. And good motor.
            Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I don't think so. They offered more money to John Johnson than Cleveland, were in on Kyle Fuller and tried to resign Tevi. They are just losing out unless it is a very big smoke screen.
              But do they need to do a smoke screen for OBJ? Don't hear about nobody else trying to trade for him.
              6 teams interested
              some feel “confident” he will play elsewhere in2021

dont have the article on me but it’s out there
              G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Budsman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I mean all of The off season is a smoke screen, double that when it’s a trade scenario. I really don’t believe we’re just losing out, it’s a plan. Sure they’re going to show they have less interested and kick the tires on other players but in the end they have a plan. I also think the Ravens want a lot in return and are playing hardball. Everything I’ve read says 6 teams were interested but to what degree I’m not sure. Either way I’m pretty sure the chargers are one of them and the signs point to it being a real possibility.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

I mean all of The off season is a smoke screen, double that when it’s a trade scenario. I really don’t believe we’re just losing out, it’s a plan. Sure they’re going to show they have less interested and kick the tires on other players but in the end they have a plan. I also think the Ravens want a lot in return and are playing hardball. Everything I’ve read says 6 teams were interested but to what degree I’m not sure. Either way I’m pretty sure the chargers are one of them and the signs point to it being a real possibility.
                  I don't know. When you offer more money for a Staley former player and he signs elsewhere, I'd call that losing out.

IF OBJ is traded, it's probably going to be during the draft and then maybe we are interested if we miss out on OT early and imo that makes the draft pick lower but I never was interested in anything above a third rounder for him.

We'll see.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2021
                    • Send PM

Often times, sticky players can be pried away draft day. When a prospect other team covets is there when Chargers pick is on the clock and Telesco can milk them then.

Comment

• DragonIce
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2021
                      • Arizona
                      • Send PM

Here's a shocking stat for you:
                      Kyler Fackrell had 11 sacks in 2018.

I hadn't heard of the guy, but he's a respectable player.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

My question on Fackrell and all our new free agent additions is, are they football playin' jessies?

TG
                        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Jesse Freitas, Jr.
                          San Diego State Aztecs QB.
                          Round 6/133.
                          1974 Draft.
                          San Diego Chargers.
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment