• Show
Clear All
  • sandiego17
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    Michael Gehlken ‏@UTgehlken 27m27 minutes ago
    Chargers used new rotation Sunday at ILB. Donald Butler only on base defense. Played 30 of 60 snaps. First nine games: 568 of 597.
    Te'o seemed to be used as the spy on Carr and it did feel like Butler played less than half the time. Apparently it was half. Will be interesting to watch how it plays out with the injured LBers getting back into game shape.

Comment

• Yubaking
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Michael Gehlken ‏@UTgehlken 27m27 minutes ago
      Chargers used new rotation Sunday at ILB. Donald Butler only on base defense. Played 30 of 60 snaps. First nine games: 568 of 597.
      I like the new rotation--Butler and Conner in base and Gachkar and Te'o in passing situations. Butler, Conner and Carrethers is as stout as we have. It was good to see Conner have such a good game. I hope this is the rotation going forward if Carrethers is healthy enough. When Lissemore is healthy, he can start at 3-4 DE opposite Liuget, saving Reyes for pass rushing situations.

Comment

• sandiego17
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
        I like the new rotation--Butler and Conner in base and Gachkar and Te'o in passing situations. Butler, Conner and Carrethers is as stout as we have. It was good to see Conner have such a good game. I hope this is the rotation going forward if Carrethers is healthy enough. When Lissemore is healthy, he can start at 3-4 DE opposite Liuget, saving Reyes for pass rushing situations.
        Conner did play well, but still, I prefer that Butler earns more of the playing time and gets back to being the every down LB everyone hoped he would be. He has the most upside and ability as a playmaker, hope he starts realizing it again.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

A blurb from the UT:

Comment

• Geezbolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Sun Valley, ID
            • Send PM

A blurb from the UT:
            Pagano must have felt like someone who just got given back most of his chess pieces.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Maybe we should do what the Packers did and move Attaochu or Ingram to ILB.

Comment

• blahblahblah
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2013
                • Send PM

I thought that was Butler's best game in years. Maybe he just wears down.

Comment

• Yubaking
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
                  Conner did play well, but still, I prefer that Butler earns more of the playing time and gets back to being the every down LB everyone hoped he would be. He has the most upside and ability as a playmaker, hope he starts realizing it again.
                  Butler looks slower this year. I do not see him as being as good as Gachkar or Te'o in pass coverage although he is better versus the run. I definitely like Butler and Conner as the starters in base formation. If Carrethers can occupy blockers, Butler and Conner are physical enough to stop RBs and force known passing situations that we can take advantage of with our pass defending personnel. This should also help to keep our guys fresh.

It seems like the team really did a good job of thinking things through over the bye week as they have organized the defense in a way that makes some sense.

Comment

• BoltBalls
                    Always keep eye contact!
                    • Jun 2013
                    • SD!
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                    Maybe we should do what the Packers did and move Attaochu or Ingram to ILB.
                    I think Ingram as ILB could be quite good actually and I remember discussions of that here. Perhaps another young pass rusher early in the next draft could allow that to happen.

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

Ingram has had some moments where he gets stacked and he looks like he can read and react inside. Plus, he is at the perfect pad level/leverage to lay people out as a hitter. And just because he lines up inside, doesn't mean we couldn't use him as an inside pass rusher or move him around to even come off the edge.

BUt for now there is almost no hope of that happening, considering how thin we are at OLB.

Comment

• Sec-E4
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2014
                        • Arizona
                        • Send PM

It's crazy what talent & fresh legs can do for our defense....The game VS Seattle is another good example of having almost all of our starters in there.

It's funny how fans were calling for Pagano's head, When he had a depleted roster to work with. It's like saying a Ferrari Enzo sucks after driving it with 4 flat tires, And not even giving it a thought of how fast it would be with 4 new Pirellis on it

Comment

• Steve
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • South Carolina
                          • Meteorologist
                          • Send PM

I liked Pag's using Attaochu, Freeney and Ingram on the pass rush line with Liuget. We may not move Ingram inside full time, but I bet we continue to see him rush at DT if Attaochu can stay healthy enough to rush off the edge (although he got his sack off the stunt up the middle).

Comment

Working...
                          X