Clear All
  • Panama
    パナマ
    • Aug 2013
    • London
    • Opera singer and web developer.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
    What I said was that Conner and Butler have been our best ILBs over the last two weeks.
    I know damned well what you said. Go re-read the post you quoted, specifically this part:

Over the past 2 weeks, our best ILBs have been...
    Hmm... and you accuse me of difficulties with reading comprehension....

Clearly... Naturally... Really...
    When it comes to your pompous assertions, we're talking 'clear' as mud, 'natural' as Pamela Anderson's breasts, and 'real' as the square root of negative one.

Lastly, I have no man crush on Conner, but I do recognize that he has been an unexpectedly nice pickup as he has been arguably our best player on special teams this year (has to be either him, Ajirotutu or Stuckey) and our best ILB. That isn't bad for a guy who I think we all thought was not supposed to be anything more than bottom of the roster depth for us.
    I have to hand it to you: You are the clear board leader in "WTF???" statements. At least you backtracked a bit on your Conner claim by acknowledging Tutu and Stuckey. (I surmise you're only counting coverage teams, as otherwise Novak and Scifres would be topping that list.)

But as for that last statement, that truly beggars belief. Who the fuck thought TT would bring in an ILB with solid starting experience to be bottom of the roster depth?? Dude, I don't think anybody thought that! It was clear from day one that he was meant to be insurance against oft-injured Te'o and Butler, and there was a thought that if Te'o didn't improve Conner might be starting. Honestly, I don't know where you pull this shit from sometimes, unless perhaps you've got a truly cavernous repository of BS shoved up your sphincter.
    Adipose

Comment

• Boltergeist
      Pesky apparition
      • Jun 2013
      • Baja Oklahoma
      • Send PM

I feel like I've seen this movie.

Comment

• MakoShark
        Disgruntled
        • Jun 2013
        • North Alabama
        • Send PM

It should be made into an opera.
        sigpic

Comment

• Panama
          パナマ
          • Aug 2013
          • London
          • Send PM

Yuba, the occasional thump doesn't automatically make someone the top run defender. There is more to being an ILB, even a run-stopping ILB, than the ability to lay wood.
          Adipose

Comment

• TTK
            EX-Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • America's Finest City
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
            I've never done drugs in my life, but I would really love to try some of the shit you're smoking (after you give thelightningwill a cut, of course).

Conner and Butler have been our best ILBs?? WTF?!? You are just trying to wind me up, aren't you? (And it's working!)

Over the past 2 weeks, our best ILBs have been (1) Gachkar, (2) Te'o, (3) Conner, (4) Butler. But Conner is a liability against the pass and Gachkar against the run. Our best all-around ILB -- and it isn't even close -- has been Te'o. Butler has the athleticism to be the best of the group, but aside from one decent game his head hasn't been in it. Conner is a thumper, but he keeps making mistakes.

I like the coaching staff's decision to go Conner/Butler in base, Te'o/Gachkar in nickle, and Te'o in dime, as that keeps the players fresh and plays to their strengths. But if they had to pick 1 ILB to play in all 3 packages, I guarantee you it would be Te'o, not Conner, despite your ridiculous man-crush on him.
            He'll never drop the Te'o or Allen hate, even if they became Super Bowl MVPs.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
              It should be made into an opera.
              Andrew Lloyd Webberish?

Comment

• Panama
                パナマ
                • Aug 2013
                • London
                • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                Andrew Lloyd Webberish?
                More like Jerry Springer: The Opera.
                Adipose

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltergeist View Post
                  Didn't Bill Murray star in it?

Comment

• sandiego17
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Conner had one decent game, the Raiders and Butler was just as good, if not better that game. He was merely there vs. the Rams. Best ILB? Ok. Hell, Gatch has been better.

Comment

• Yubaking
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
                      I know damned well what you said. Go re-read the post you quoted, specifically this part:

Hmm... and you accuse me of difficulties with reading comprehension....

When it comes to your pompous assertions, we're talking 'clear' as mud, 'natural' as Pamela Anderson's breasts, and 'real' as the square root of negative one.

I have to hand it to you: You are the clear board leader in "WTF???" statements. At least you backtracked a bit on your Conner claim by acknowledging Tutu and Stuckey. (I surmise you're only counting coverage teams, as otherwise Novak and Scifres would be topping that list.)

But as for that last statement, that truly beggars belief. Who the fuck thought TT would bring in an ILB with solid starting experience to be bottom of the roster depth?? Dude, I don't think anybody thought that! It was clear from day one that he was meant to be insurance against oft-injured Te'o and Butler, and there was a thought that if Te'o didn't improve Conner might be starting. Honestly, I don't know where you pull this shit from sometimes, unless perhaps you've got a truly cavernous repository of BS shoved up your sphincter.
                      Dude, you are going to blow a blood vessel out in your rectum straining to pump out all of this bullshit.

I said that Conner has been our best ILB over the last two weeks and arguably our best ILB over the entire season as well as being arguably the best special teams player on our team this year. There was zero backtracking at all about the special teams. That was my original statement, very straightforward.

I was not considering Novak or Scifres in that special teams discussion and I think that is a difficult comparison to make as all 5 players (Stuckey, Ajirotutu, Conner, Scifres and Novak) have played well, but in very different roles.

I think it is your statement that beggars belief. Conner was a 7th round draft pick that had started some games, but started zero games in 2013. That is, his trend was away from being a starter. Nobody thought of him as a starter for us. Everyone knew that our big re-signee was the top dog at ILB followed by our emerging young high round draftee, Te'o.

Nobody knew who would play over whom among the Conner, Gachkar and Walker. The initial thinking was that the versatile Walker might have the edge and indeed he got the first playing time opportunity while Conner and Gachkar played later after both Te'o and Walker were injured. So, Conner was fighting it out with Gachkar for playing time. I am not sure how you see it, but I think most of us understand that Gachkar was/is toward the back of the roster, definitely not a top 40 player of the 53. And that's right where Conner was...until he emerged for us.

Any other discussion is just more revisionist bullshit history for which you are somewhat notorious. Go peddle that crap somewhere else. I was here when Conner was discussed and know what you are saying is BS. Your Jedi mind trick has failed.

The fact that Conner, like Oliver, has risen from back end player to being a significant contributor is a big part of what makes each of them such big news for us this year.

Comment

• bonehead
                        Undrafted
                        • Jul 2013
                        • TBD
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltergeist View Post
                        You mean cartoon?
                        Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Yubaking
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
                          Conner had one decent game, the Raiders and Butler was just as good, if not better that game. He was merely there vs. the Rams. Best ILB? Ok. Hell, Gatch has been better.
                          Gachkar made one big play and that's about it. Te'o has been our worst ILB of the 4 over the last two weeks. Conner was our best overall defender at any position against Oakland. No other ILB was even close to being in that discussion. I think Butler, Conner and Gachkar had solid, but not great games against the Rams. Te'o was the 4th best ILB in both games. Thus, Conner has been the best ILB over the past two weeks combined.

Comment

Working...
                          X