• Show
Clear All
  • Beerman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Eastlake
    • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
    There has been some talk on the forum about Wizniewski or Hudson coming here but I doubt it...I think TT and McCoy are going with Watt all the way at center
    I don't see any way how they do based on last years tape. I'm sure he will be in the conversation, but there is no way competition isn't brought in. I would much rather see him at LG where he played his college career. Let him and Rinehart battle it out.
    Last edited by Beerman; 03-06-2015, 11:02 PM.

Comment

• bonehead
      Undrafted
      • Jul 2013
      • TBD
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
      I don't see any way how they do based on last years tape. I'm sure he will be in the conversation, but there is no way competition isn't brought in. I would much rather see him at LG where he played his college career. Let him and Rinehart battle it out.
      Yeah maybe Wiz I think he would be affordable
      Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

No matter where Watt ends up, an offseason spent practicing C skills will help him.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

King Dunlap contract a win-win for Bolts
          By Michael Gehlken2:24 p.m.March 3, 2015

The Chargers secured their left tackle last month.

How they did it can be seen as a win-win for the two sides.

King Dunlap recently signed a four-year, $28 million contract. While earning up to $9 million his first year, including $6.5 million in signing bonus and a fully guaranteed $2 million base salary, he'll count a reasonable $4.125 million against the 2015 salary cap. The hallmarks of the deal are annual roster bonuses and an injury guarantee in 2016 that both protects Dunlap while giving the Chargers an important option.

Last year was the first 16-game season of his career.

He proved what he's capable of when healthy, holding his own against several of the league's top edge rushers. Dunlap, 29, did not allow a sack in the final seven weeks, according to Pro Football Focus. Teammates later voted him their Lineman of the Year.

He'll be rewarded for more of the same.

Dunlap can earn up to $500,000 in 2015 and 2016 in per-game roster bonuses. For each game in which he's active, he'll collect a prorated portion of the bonus, or $31,250 each game. In 2017 and 2018, the roster bonus jumps to $1 million, or $62,500 per game active, a league source said.

In 2018, the Chargers are due to pay Dunlap a $750,000 one-time bonus if he's still on the roster the third day of the league year. He also can collect $50,000 each season in which he's voted to the Pro Bowl.

All told, the deal has $13 million in total guarantees.

That includes a $4.5 million base salary for 2016. Dunlap is guaranteed to see that money only if injured. If healthy, the salary will become fully guaranteed should he be on the roster the third day of the league year. Essentially, it's a window in which the Chargers can reevaluate the contract before committing to the sum.

By that point, Dunlap will have collected at least $8.5 million in his first year.

His signing left the team with still more than $25 million in cap space.

It's now working to sign others prior to Tuesday's start of free agency. Cornerback Brandon Flowers, safety Marcus Gilchrist, cornerback Shareece Wright, running back Ryan Mathews, wide receiver Eddie Royal, outside linebacker Dwight Freeney, inside linebacker Andrew Gachkar and wide receiver Seyi Ajirotutu are among the notable impending free agents.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
          X