• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

That’s better than Parsons. Why does he get the love if you want an athlete?
    Trerron Armstead had great times and his 40 was a 4.71. Third round pick. Tape still King though its nice to see a OL can move like that. Rather have that than a guy like Darrisaw who mopes around.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
      Draftnik
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

What pro days are going today to be the flavor of the day? It does make us go look at Spencers tape more for sure but still not seeing more buzz about him.

Cant wait for this draft t get here. Things changing rapidly.

I was doing a Sim draft on PFN and did one, and wanted to do a different one and they updated the rankings i guess while i was doing the first one. Never had that happen before and i like it. Some guys IMV are lower than they should be but its a welcome change.
      My bold prediction is that the Ravens draft Brown at the end of R1 to replace Orlando at RT.
      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
        My bold prediction is that the Ravens draft Brown at the end of R1 to replace Orlando at RT.
        I can see Jenkins first if he is on the board.

Its nice to see all these pro day times and stuff and i love it but not everybody can be 2nd and 3rd round picks when we see them run. Oweh for example was nuts but his production was well below his metrics. Shaka Toney is very underrated and one of those that may be better as a NFL player than he was in college because the other guys got the fanfare and more playing time. But he can play. He has 20 sacks in 22 starts.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
          Draftnik
          • Oct 2020
          • Send PM

Its nice to see all these pro day times and stuff and i love it but not everybody can be 2nd and 3rd round picks when we see them run. Oweh for example was nuts but his production was well below his metrics. Shaka Toney is very underrated and one of those that may be better as a NFL player than he was in college because the other guys got the fanfare and more playing time. But he can play. He has 20 sacks in 22 starts.
          I’d tend to agree.

The college production vs. NFL metrics argument is always interesting.

Sometimes I try to get inside the heads of a coaches and GMs. A lot of those guys have NFL sized egos (it’s not just the players). They might see a kid like Oweh and convince themselves that they can unlock that potential, whereas college coaches could not (thinking that’s why they’re college coaches and not NFL coaches). Maybe that’s the train of thought. Not saying it’s correct (though sometimes it is), but I’d bet it happens often.

The truth is something like what you said yesterday.

There is no crystal ball. There is no evaluation system that works 10/10. It’s an unexact science and always will be. That’s why there are 1st round busts every single year.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Ruh-Roh.
            Zack's hammy.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Jolt/Dude.
              We gotta expect lots more movement on Big Boards.
              PFF big drop on Monday.
              Dan Brugler's "The Beast" at The Athletic first week of April (he insists on factoring in all Pro Day data.)
              Two great resources to add to your personal databases.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                Draftnik
                • Oct 2020
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                Ruh-Roh.
                Zack's hammy.
                So glad we don’t have to draft a QB.

Zach Wilson is my least favorite of the QB prospects. There’s something about him that just rubs me the wrong way. And for the life of me I can’t put my finger on it.

I’d have a hell of a time trying to argue it since I don’t quite know what it is.

I just feel it in my bones.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                  Jolt/Dude.
                  We gotta expect lots more movement on Big Boards.
                  PFF big drop on Monday.
                  Dan Brugler's "The Beast" at The Athletic first week of April (he insists on factoring in all Pro Day data.)
                  Two great resources to add to your personal databases.
                  Yep...too much resources and they are all different lol.

An example, when doing my Sims on PFN, my second one..... things werent going well for me and ended up taking a safety in the 6th round( i always look sooner for one) but was looking for BPA. Came across Jamar Johnson (6'1", 197) from Indiana. I wasnt up on some late round guys there so was looking them up.

Zeirlein rated him a 6.30 which is a starter within 2 seasons. Havent watched his tape yet and Indiana hasnt had a Pro day. (April 2nd) Has 4 career sacks and 7 INTs.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

An example, when doing my Sims on PFN, my second one things werent going well for me and ended up taking a safety in the 6th round but was looking for BPA. Jamar Johnson (6'1", 197) from Indiana. Wasnt up on some late round guys there so was looking them up.

Zeirlein rated him a 6.30 which is a starter within 2 seasons. Havent watched his tape yet and Indiana hasnt had a Pro day. (April 2nd) Has 4 career sacks and 7 INTs.
                    Lance has got his own ideas.
                    Either he likes someone or they are worthless.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                      Draftnik
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

An example, when doing my Sims on PFN, my second one..... things werent going well for me and ended up taking a safety in the 6th round( i always look sooner for one) but was looking for BPA. Came across Jamar Johnson (6'1", 197) from Indiana. I wasnt up on some late round guys there so was looking them up.

Didn’t he have a pretty severe injury this year? Could be wrong. Hope he’s healthy enough to do a full pro day. Would like to have another legit safety prospect to evaluate. Right now I’m kind of stuck on Hamlin, Hufanga, and Cisco as day 3 prospects.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
                        Didn’t he have a pretty severe injury this year? Could be wrong. Hope he’s healthy enough to do a full pro day. Would like to have another legit safety prospect to evaluate. Right now I’m kind of stuck on Hamlin, Hufanga, and Cisco as day 3 prospects.
                        Not that i can find. He played all 8 games they had this year and played in 12 the year before. Freshman year he got his playing time later in the season.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Baller. Have had him in a past mock. I think he is more a round 3/4 prospect. Not elite speed but elite instincts and a ferocious tackler.
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X