• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

I am proud to have the highest score on the Charger fans misery index.

December 26, 1965.
    AFLCG.
    My older brothers bought me a ticket as a Christmas gift.
    Final score.
    Buffalo Bills 23.
    ​San Diego Chargers 0.
    Too young for our AFL Championship in 1963.
    Loyal until I am done and gone.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• captaind
      Cook This Pork Chops
      • Jun 2013
      • Mars
      • Ball Holder
      • Send PM

1997 preseason game in Nashville against the Tennessee Oilers. They weren't the Titans yet, and they played in Vanderbilt stadium....so no beer was allowed because it was on a college campus.

Sometime after the half, the stadium lost power to half of the lights, which delayed the game for a while. Lot of people went home. We seized the opportunity to move down to the front row behind the Chargers bench, where I sat right behind Jim Everett for the rest of the game.

Comment

• Iowachargers 70
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post

You were there huh?

Fuck Denver
        Yep. The miscall happened right in front of me. It's all good though because the Chargers still ended up winning the division that season. I said that we'd still win the division to every ass hat that came up to me after that game.

Comment

• Lightnin'
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Cincinnati; November 1979.

Fouts must have thrown 4 picks but...a late TD pass to Artie Owens pulled us to within a point. The defense
          then forced the Bengals to punt. As I recall, a backup kicker-Mike Woods nailed a field with under 30 seconds
          left to save the game following a Fouts-Joiner hookup.

Last edited by Lightnin'; 03-19-2021, 11:50 AM.
          San Diego Chargers

1961-2017

Comment

• CivilBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

I think mine was the year 1999 at the Q against the colts with a qb named Manning. I didn’t pay much attention to him because I was still new to football after moving to the states back in 1996. Now I’m hooked. I like it more than the NBA now (Lakers fan) since football is like chess. It has lots of different pieces and need to be steps ahead of your opponent to win.

Comment

• floydefisher
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • siberiacuse, ny
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

I was there too. Remember the LT 51 yards rushing TD ? I was right on the 50 yards line.
              Remember the ugly onside kick of the Bills at the end of the game ?
              What an OL we had then !
              Yes, it was the 14-2 Chargers. We saw the best Chargers edition !

I think you misred my post. I went to a pre season Patriots game, when Bledsoe was a rookie. He wasn't playing for the Bills then.
              sigpic

Comment

• Parcells
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I don’t remember the team we played, but I know it was the 1990 season. I was ten. My mom had gotten remarried to the guy I’ve called Dad ever since (he passed away in 2009). He had two Chargers seasons tickets. I had been to loads of Padres games, but I didn’t get to go to a Chargers game until I had a dad. That’s why both my sons came home from the hospital in Chargers jerseys (LT for the first and Rivers for the second). I will be a loyal Chargers fan as long as they call themselves the Chargers. Whether that’s LA, London, or the dark side of the moon, I’m a Chargers fan for life.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                  1971 - my dad worked for General Dynamics and they had corporate season tickets that nobody ever used so we got them almost every week and got to go to the games.
                  My father worked for General Dynamics in the early 70's too. Does he recall a Fred Alexander?
                  Last edited by Hadl2Alworth; 09-18-2021, 09:37 PM.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Send PM

My first Chargers game I went to was in 1972 on a Monday night vs. the Browns. We lost 21-17. I believe Hadl fumbled on a sneak near the goal line late in the game. Oh well, he had a good career as a Charger.

Cleveland Browns 21 at San Diego Chargers 17 on November 13th, 1972 - Full team and player stats and box score

Comment

• Vermstyr
                      ACEofSPADES11
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Mass
                      • Send PM

Remember in 2014 when the Chargers got shut out bad by the Dolphins in Miami?

For y'alls sake I hope you don't remember, but that's the one and only NFL game I've had the "pleasure" of attending.

Honestly, the experience made me afraid of ever going to another live Chargers game haha.

My fondest memory of the game was the Chargers getting a first down late in the game when it was clearly over: I stood up and corralled my anguish and embarrassment to harness the power to sarcastically scream at the top of my lungs, "FIRST DOOOOOOWWWWNNNNNNNNNNNN!". Entire section around me seemed to enjoy that and we all had a decent laugh; those Dolphins fans sure were nice (though I suppose the score gave them a good reason to be).

I think they all felt bad for me having to endure the spectacle.

I'd really like to bring my father out to LA for a game though, maybe next year. Sorry in advance for the shut-out!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post
                        My first Chargers game I went to was in 1972 on a Monday night vs. the Browns. We lost 21-17. I believe Hadl fumbled on a sneak near the goal line late in the game. Oh well, he had a good career as a Charger.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...7211130sdg.htm
                        I blew it, partner.
                        John Hadl
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                          Charger Fan till the end
                          • Jun 2013
                          • North Carolina
                          • Send PM

I was probably 7 in ‘77. I dont remember the exact first game to be honest. Went with a best friend that his parents had season tickets…his dad coached at Grossmont. I wish i could recall the team but cant. I do remember in elementary school in El Cajon we made big signs saying “Orange Crush” with a giant foot stomping on a can of orange Crush soda. Went to a few games that year…probably didnt understand much about the game but I was still hooked and pretended to be as fast as John Jefferson when we played street ball. Memories of those little Charger footballs throwing them around in the big circular structures to move up levels. Great memories! Good year watching Fouts, Winslow, Joiner, Jefferson when we were a hot team…before the crash in the 80s. Moved away in 81 but was still hooked.

Comment

Working...
                          X