• Show
Clear All
  • MakoShark
    Disgruntled
    • Jun 2013
    • North Alabama
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
    Last time I was out here we did a flight of local brews to test some out and there were a couple that were really outstanding. Wasn't down on the others. Unfortunately, i don't remember which were the good and the bad since we kind of drank a lot that night LOL

I'll try some out again today and give you my feedback.
    opcorn:

I look forward to your review. And, if your post ends up looking like one of Stinky's I'll take that as a good sign.
    sigpic

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post

Thanks for this Fleet. I know all about Point Loma Seafoods. I will make a point to try one of your other suggestions. I want a high end dish. Something not typical. Even it means my wallet gets raped.
      Blue Point is high end. Really good food.

Comment

• sandiego17
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
        Blue Point is high end. Really good food.
        Have you tried Ironside?

Comment

• SDFan
          Woober Goober
          • Jun 2013
          • Dolores, CO
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
          Out in Santee there is some great brewing going on. There is BNS Brewing and Distilling, Twisted Manzanita ales and my fave:

http://www.butchersbrewing.com/beers/
          does BNS have a tasting room for the public to drink there? We see that building off the side of the hwy 67 all the time but it looks more like a warehouse than brewery. Santee also has a new brewery/eatery under construction on Propect Ave near Cuyamaca called "Pacific Islanders Brewery".
          Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• SDFan
            Woober Goober
            • Jun 2013
            • Dolores, CO
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Thanks for all the feed back guys. My brother says there's a couple of brewery's in his area (Scripps Ranch), so we'll try those and I'll look up the other suggestions here. I do like darks Hoarse, but I find them to be a bit heavy and can only drink 1. I'm more of an IPA guy, I like the bite of hops, but I would never pass up a good Heffeweisen. Going out to my fav local brewery today for a club members party as they are rolling out there new Pils. I look forward to trying that.

Thanks for this Fleet. I know all about Point Loma Seafoods. I will make a point to try one of your other suggestions. I want a high end dish. Something not typical. Even it means my wallet gets raped.

yeah, Ballast Point and a couple others are in Mira Mesa area, and Vista/San Marcos has become the hub of breweries- something like 14 all within a 5 mile radius. I don't think you can go wrong with anything brewed by Stone, and they have a new Brewery down in Liberty Station in Point Loma. Here's another idea: Brewery tours will pick you up and take you and your group to a handful of breweries for tastings most of the day and then drive you back to your car. We did this a couple years ago and had a great time. Kinda pricey, but less than getting into Sea World or Disneyland and you can drink all you want without driving! Check it out here

Last edited by SDFan; 02-16-2015, 08:19 AM.

Comment

• bonehead
              Undrafted
              • Jul 2013
              • TBD
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
              does BNS have a tasting room for the public to drink there? We see that building off the side of the hwy 67 all the time but it looks more like a warehouse than brewery. Santee also has a new brewery/eatery under construction on Propect Ave near Cuyamaca called "Pacific Islanders Brewery".
              OH yeah, tasting room , nice patio. They even have live music. It's got a real saloon feel. The western theme is not my favorite but the beers are damn good and the people are nice.
              Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Thanks for all the feed back guys. My brother says there's a couple of brewery's in his area (Scripps Ranch), so we'll try those and I'll look up the other suggestions here. I do like darks Hoarse, but I find them to be a bit heavy and can only drink 1. I'm more of an IPA guy, I like the bite of hops, but I would never pass up a good Heffeweisen. Going out to my fav local brewery today for a club members party as they are rolling out there new Pils. I look forward to trying that.

We went to PLS for breakfast yesterday. Kind of a tradition to run by there for a crab sandwich before heading out of town.

Comment

• Foxbatkllr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2013
                  • Send PM

It's a bit out of the way but Alpine Brewery has the best IPA in SD. If you are going to stick to an area, I'd recommend North County around Vista, Oceanside, San Marcos, etc. Iron Fist, Belching Beaver, Lost Abbey, Stone and many more.

Comment

• Wheels
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • San Diego
                    • Send PM

I like Ballast Point in little Italy. If you like IPA, their Sculpin is really good. They got it on nitro tap at their tasting room in little Italy.

Comment

• MakoShark
                      Disgruntled
                      • Jun 2013
                      • North Alabama
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Wheels View Post
                      I like Ballast Point in little Italy. If you like IPA, their Sculpin is really good. They got it on nitro tap at their tasting room in little Italy.
                      Nitro tap? And Little Italy is where exactly? Don't know my way around like I used to. Remember I haven't lived in SD since 1988. There was no Gaslamp, Little Italy, Petco etc...
                      sigpic

Comment

• MakoShark
                        Disgruntled
                        • Jun 2013
                        • North Alabama
                        • Send PM

Found this map by the San Diego Brewers Guild.

Its an understatement to say that SD is big in the craft brew market. You guys are loaded out there!
                        sigpic

Comment

• SDFan
                          Woober Goober
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Dolores, CO
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

COSTCO usually has a solid selection of local Microbrews in the liquor section too. Stock up before you leave

Comment

Working...
                          X