• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
    Interesting that it is very similar contract to what Gerald Everett got in Seattle but Everett is considerably younger and IMO has more upside. I wonder if the plan is to move on Pitts if he is there? Seems like the position has been downgraded considerably so far. I realize there is a long way to go before camp and this is not the final iteration of the TE position on the roster.
    Everett really wasn't that good. He was not the best blocker. So I can see why the values are similar

Rudolph just got two years from the Giants - might be for cap reasons. But its two years up to 14m per Ian Rapoport. For sure I like the Cook deal better than Rudolph or Ertz

One year, clean cap next year. Draft a TE

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

Henry with more targets and receptions, but the yardage is close, Cook with more TDs, and his YPC is higher.

The big question is his blocking.
      He doesn’t block. We will need a blocking TE eventually.

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

He doesn’t block. We will need a blocking TE eventually.
        Can get those day 3/UDFA.
        Also get a pass catching TE prospect and teach him to block.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post
          Jared Cook 2020-2021 Highlights
          Brees obviously had confidence in Cook.
          Herbert doesn't have Brees experience but no question about his intelligence or arm. Cook can be helpful.

Comment

• foreigner
            Tom Telesco is gone
            • Sep 2013
            • Send PM

Well... Welcome Jared Cook.

Comment

• JOJAX85
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2018
              • Irmo, SC
              • Send PM

He's solid. We now have 2 really big targets at the TE position.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2020
                • Send PM

According to this article from The Athletic, Jared Cook was a value signing..

The Chargers’ one-year deal with Jared Cook

The Chargers are signing tight end Jared Cook to a one-year, $4.5 million deal that can bump up to a max of $6 million, according to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.

Cook is 34, and his best days are behind him. But he still played 43 percent of the snaps last season for the Saints and had 37 catches for 504 yards and seven touchdowns. He ranked 14th among 41 qualifying tight ends in yards per route run. Cook was used primarily as a pass-catcher, lining up in the slot on 43.3 percent of his snaps. He was No. 79 on our free agency big board.

This is a smart move by the Chargers. They let Hunter Henry walk rather than pay him $12.5 million per year. Henry is a better overall player than Cook, and he’s younger. But he’s not $8 million per year better, and Cook can still contribute in the passing game. Meanwhile, the savings at tight end allowed the Chargers to sign All-Pro center Corey Linsley.

With Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, Jared Cook and Austin Ekeler, along with an upgraded offensive line, Justin Herbert is positioned to have a big second season.

Grade: B+

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Just remember if you are comparing Henry and Cooks stats from last year...its important to know Cook saw almost 50% less snaps. Neither are considered inline guys. So the blocking thing is still an issue. But Cook in the slot is still as crafty as it gets.

Plus he knows what Lombardi is doing. Plugs right in.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Irmo, SC
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                    Just remember if you are comparing Henry and Cooks stats from last year...its important to know Cook saw almost 50% less snaps. Neither are considered inline guys. So the blocking thing is still an issue. But Cook in the slot is still as crafty as it gets.

Plus he knows what Lombardi is doing. Plugs right in.
                    I also think he is more capable of breaking a big play than Henry. Henry was probably more consistent, but a Home Run can sometimes change the entire momentum of a game.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post
                      He's solid. We now have 2 really big targets at the TE position.
                      And Anderson (TE) dude is interesting too. Does he have a chance to stick? Also a pass-catching TE. Maybe over Parham? Anderson can move better than Parham.

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

I also think he is more capable of breaking a big play than Henry. Henry was probably more consistent, but a Home Run can sometimes change the entire momentum of a game.
                        Just last year he gashed us. lol

I like Hunter a lot. But the Bolts system along with Rivers is typically really TE friendly. New offense. Not sure what to expect. But Henry isnt Kelce. Hes not Waller. Im a little miffed at his cost. I think because he was a 2nd rounder we were sort of expecting huge numbers. I just never really saw that massive break out. 600 yards a season? Big fucking deal. And hes not out there mauling dudes blocking. He was fairly balanced. I just sort of view him as more of that pass catching type and he just didnt do enough imo.

I think Parham can put up those numbers if given the chance. Cook is a really crafty TE. Ill take that football awareness/IQ all day.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Irmo, SC
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Just last year he gashed us. lol

I like Hunter a lot. But the Bolts system along with Rivers is typically really TE friendly. New offense. Not sure what to expect. But Henry isnt Kelce. Hes not Waller. Im a little miffed at his cost. I think because he was a 2nd rounder we were sort of expecting huge numbers. I just never really saw that massive break out. 600 yards a season? Big fucking deal. And hes not out there mauling dudes blocking. He was fairly balanced. I just sort of view him as more of that pass catching type and he just didnt do enough imo.

I think Parham can put up those numbers if given the chance. Cook is a really crafty TE. Ill take that football awareness/IQ all day.
                          He's closer to Parham's body type & athletic ability so he's a better choice to help show him the ropes. Could be a dangerous combo.

Comment

Working...
                          X