• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CivilBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
    If HH would play for $6M, he’d still be here.
    I don’t really blame HH. This was his only chance to get a top dollar/long term contract. It is like a promotion for him. Like my boss always say, never turndown a promotion.

Comment

• RTPbolt
      Charger Fan till the end
      • Jun 2013
      • North Carolina
      • Send PM

If HH played 16 games a year he is probably worth the contract. But he hasnt shown it to date to me for the injury probability to play enough games. Better than Verret likelihood to play but not a whole lot more.

Cook should do well in our offense and misses very few games statistically. I think he may have 800 yds if he plays 16 games if we pass like last year. If MW isnt resigned the odds of that go up more.

i think this gives us a good chess piece for 2 years. Will need to likely draft a guy to replace but doesnt have to be this year. Id rather not go Pitts even though hes enticing...we so need an OT, a cb and a bookend for Bosa. TE is a luxury position right now with Cook on board.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

I don’t really blame HH. This was his only chance to get a top dollar/long term contract. It is like a promotion for him. Like my boss always say, never turndown a promotion.
        I don’t blame him one bit either. Its business, its his life. Can’t get sentimental and give away millions of dollars, an NFL career can end in any second of play. I think HH is worth more than 6M, I’d have been fine if they gave him a 4/40 type deal personally. He ended up getting a bit over $12M/yr - thats on the edge of me saying ok, I’m really not sure. Its a bit steep but its not completely insane money.

I only meant the reason Jared Cook is a Bolt is not because he’s better than HH, its because HH costs $12M, and Cook costs (at most) $6M
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Blastttoff
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2020
          • Send PM

Jared cook can also teach parham a thing or two. Like catching the ball clean for game winning drives

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Jared Cook. He knows where he is.

Comment

• JOJAX85
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2018
              • Irmo, SC
              • Send PM

I don't ever blame any player for taking the money. It's a very very short career & it can be over at any second. Football contracts aren't worth the paper they are written on so get as much as you can while you can. Some fans are going to judge you no matter what. Do what's best for you and your family.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

I don't ever blame any player for taking the money. It's a very very short career & it can be over at any second. Football contracts aren't worth the paper they are written on so get as much as you can while you can. Some fans are going to judge you no matter what. Do what's best for you and your family.
                Agree so expecting a home discount does exist but not often. Cant blame HH for leaving as he got good money but he has no QB now and is playing in the cold.

I dotn fault Mel either if he signs with KC. Ridiculous to be pissed at him. I dont want him anyways so why would i care where he goes?

Comment

• CivilBolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Agree so expecting a home discount does exist but not often. Cant blame HH for leaving as he got good money but he has no QB now and is playing in the cold.

I dotn fault Mel either if he signs with KC. Ridiculous to be pissed at him. I dont want him anyways so why would i care where he goes?
                  I agree. Regarding the qb, I have a feeling DW is a couple more accusers away from being traded to NE.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

I agree. Regarding the qb, I have a feeling DW is a couple more accusers away from being traded to NE.
                    Which means Cam is the starter while Watson is in legal trouble, so all those singings wil be for naught lol. Love it.

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

I think the big reason you want a vet TE on the roster is because of Herbert. TE is kind of the safety blanket position for a QB. Cook is a good route runner who is athletic and can make plays once he gets his hands on the ball, plus the guy has a great catch radius and comes up with some nice stretching catches. Add to it that Cook is a good route runner, so maybe he can help teach Parham something about route running.

He also is pretty easy on the cap. And say what you want about a guy getting a short term deal, but that means he is in a contract year, and guys who have a history of solid production, plus is playing for a contract next year, he is not the kind of player who is much of a risk as a FA.

If Parham and Anderson really, really click with Herbert in camp, and we can find some other TE who can block, maybe he doesn't make the team, but mostly he is a nice, low cost option who should be a a good fit for an offense, particularly since Lombardi knows him from NO.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

HH made his bed in Boston...now he can sleep in it! And Hunter better do a lot of leg lifts and stretching exercises, because he's gonna need to jump extra high to catch all those highballs from "Overhead" Cam...

Comment

• PR#1
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

I like the Cook pickup.

He's not as good as Henry but he's a great consolation prize.

He's the vet we need as previous posters have mentioned and he buys us time in that there's not a huge hole at TE.

I think TT did a good job here and we can now focus on other positions of need in the draft.

Comment

Working...
                          X