• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Anyone watching our line last year understands we needed an infusion of talent on our offensive line. As a depth guy he is a great signing for cheap. But I am hoping we upgrade more than this.
    This move and free agency changes nothing about the first four rounds:
    OT, CB, Edge, OL and either more DT help or TE

He is a good signing because he is probably better depth than last year - and lets just hope he is depth as Telesco gets OT and OG in this draft who are plug and play first year starters.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Blastttoff View Post
      But where’s the tackles
      Bulaga at RT. LT is draft, along with corner.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Olinemen by nature are yawns. If you hear their names on Sunday they usually are for bad reasons. Give me the silent giants! Anonomus beef hard working! They do the dirty work and flash guys usually don't do well at positions like this.

We likely got him because he will be given a chance to start. Try hard guys are important and I'm glad we got him. Plus you take a real risk with a bunch of rookies on an online. One is fine but two or three playing next to each other can be very risky.

You want experience protecting a young qb and youth to grow with at skill positions. Just my humble opinion.
        Go Rivers!

Comment

• SuperCharged
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Utah
          • Midnight Toker
          • Send PM

Originally posted by PORTERPARTY1 View Post
          OK, now trade up 3 or 4 spots and get Slater for OLT. Line is set. Sign Tevi and Lamp for back up roles. reduces need for CB and Edge to r rd 2 and 3.
          UM no.... Trading up means mortgaging future picks. 13 is still a good value when you have that many QB's and WR's in the picks before us. I think we'll come out with best available. Waddle or Slater. I'll be happy with either. Or I would rather trade down and pick up a couple of extra picks.

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Sam * Feiler * Linsley * Oday * Bulaga

Tyree, Norton, Qberry, Groy, Forrest
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

Pipkins fits in there somewhere.

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Oday Aboushi, Lions

A Brooklyn native and fifth-round pick of John Idzik’s Jets in 2013, Oday Aboushi started 10 games for the Jets in 2014 to kickstart a journeyman career in the NFL that has carried him to five different teams.

At 29 years old in 2020, his eighth NFL season, Aboushi had a career year. Over seven starts at right guard for Detroit, Aboushi posted an overall PFF grade of 71.9. That mark would have ranked at the 85th percentile among qualified guards if maintained over the entire 2020 season. In addition, Aboushi yielded a pressure on just 2.6% of his pass protection snaps, sixth-best out of 68 qualified guards (93rd percentile).

Regarding the legitimacy of Aboushi’s improvement, the offensive line scouting community agreed with the numbers.

Screenshot 2021-03-20 173115.jpg

https://jetsxfactor.com/2021/03/16/30-free-agents-the-new-york-jets-should-target-on-day-2/
                5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Pipkins fits in there somewhere.
                  He’s on the bench next to Sam, after we draft a LT.

for all the Oday yawners, i will confess i only watched that highlight tape at the top of the thread. But in that tape he’s not just better than last year’s OGs, he’s better than every Charger OL that played. I saw a guy easily picking up stunts, and pulling out and then - get this - actually finding a guy to block. I didn’t see last year’s OL do either of those things. #upgrade, I’m fine with the guy in that tape starting.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                    Fluent in Sarcasm
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Iowa
                    • Man of the People
                    • Send PM

I also like his versatility to play either OG spot. If Bulaga misses time again Feiler can slide to RT and Oday can fill in at LG to keep a veteran presence next to our rookie LT.

Comment

• Parcells
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

Some guys take a little longer to develop. I'm not saying he'll be an all pro, but maybe he has turned into a top 20 RG. For $2 million that's pretty exciting. Even as a 6th or 7th OL that's a good move.
                      A top 20 G means he's in the top 3rd of all starting guards in the league. I don't see that. But it's a decent signing if he's in the top 75 or maybe even top 100. There are 64 starting guards spots in the NFL.
                      Last edited by Parcells; 03-20-2021, 11:03 PM.

Comment

• AK47
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

Is this right? https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/sam-tevi/11945 According to PFF Tevi gave up only 2 sacks in 2020?

And here http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/p...s.asp?id=30303 it indicates 1 sack allowed and only 5 penalties (2 holding and 2 false starts) for 2020.

Sam Tevi. Pac-12's Finest!!!

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
                          I also like his versatility to play either OG spot. If Bulaga misses time again Feiler can slide to RT and Oday can fill in at LG to keep a veteran presence next to our rookie LT.
                          nice thought, and.... Oday has been a RG, and.... personally would like to see Trey Smith step in @LG.... if Feiler has to spell Bulaga.

Comment

Working...
                          X