What Would You Be OK with the Chargers Giving Up to Move Up for Sewell?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Classic
    Hall Of Fame
    • Dec 2014
    • Send PM

Comment

• La Costa Boy
      Pretty much retired......
      • Sep 2018
      • JoJa
      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
      • Send PM

All this scenario is one falling DT knocked off balance and landing against an extended leg from disaster. I cannot see posting that capital with where we are now. If he gets hurt or pulls a Wilson, then you have a bunch of nothing, so i can't do it. I'll take what OT comes at 13 or even Pitts or a CB?

I am fine with that.

Comment

• northerner
        Charger fan since '79
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

way too much to move up. we lost Sewell when we went on that winning streak to end the season. it's over. as others have mentioned, the silver medal OT will be just fine at #13.

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

I love Sewell, he's great! But I wouldn't give up too much to get him because there will be a good OT still available at 13. Not as good as Sewell but better than anyone on our roster.

Of course, I'd be going crazy if he fell to us like James did but it would cost too much to move up to where Cincy is
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I did want them to win at least one against the Raiders, Broncos and Chiefs - but that Falcons game - Matty Ice was in FG range or close to it and throws a pick. Uggh.... I knew losing games was the best thing for the bigger picture of the franchise. Hate to say it but its true. Even being top 8 right now ahead of Denver
            What the Atlanta win did for Herbert's professional development and his psyche...with seconds left completion after completion, driving the offense down the field into FG range for the win, is worth more than the draft position it cost. It was the impetus for a 4-game win streak to close the season culminating in 2nd half a sweep of the division.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

What the Atlanta win did for Herbert's professional development and his psyche...with seconds left completion after completion, driving the offense down the field into FG range for the win, is worth more than the draft position it cost. It was the impetus for a 4-game win streak to close the season culminating in 2nd half a sweep of the division.
              That is true. Cannot be quantified but if he becomes an elite QB - no doubt will play a part.

Comment

I am okay with us trading our third round compensatory pick #97 and our #13 pick for the #11 and #196 picks from the Giants. Sewell is a top 5 rated player overall and does play a position of need for us.

I doubt that trade would ever happen as OT is a need for the Giants as well and Sewell is unlikely to be on the board at #11.

Anyone voting for trading away the 3C pick as I have should realize that per the trade chart, that would only move us up 2 slots with 12 trading points to spare (thus, the #196 pick (11.4 points) coming back to us).

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

This thread is going to be gold to read after we trade up for Sewell....
                  P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                  P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                  P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                  P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                    This thread is going to be gold to read after we trade up for Sewell....
                    Unless we are going "all Rams" and trading away future draft picks like they were going out of style, I do not see how we can do a big trade up for Sewell as we still have many holes to fill.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Unless we are going "all Rams" and trading away future draft picks like they were going out of style, I do not see how we can do a big trade up for Sewell as we still have many holes to fill.
                      It’s tricky and risky
                      Depends on what we give up, that’s why if we were to make a big trade for PS and continue to go big in FA next offseason ala Linsley, the time is now with Herbert’s rookie contract
                      I prefer to give up future picks vs 2020 picks
                      specifically using future picks in 2022 and 2023 are ideal because assuming we re sign James, Herbert AND Sewell, we’re not going to be able to afford any other major re signings, that will be our core (along with Bosa already resigned)
                      So not “having to” re sign a 2022 and 2023 first rounders gives us a little cap break
                      As soon as Herbert gets paid, we’re forced to be back to standing pat on picks or even trading down.

Trading up is always the risker thing to do, but we should consider it to take advantage of the talent Sewell brings day 1.
                      We’re talking Anthony freaking Munoz protecting Aaron Rodgers 2.0!!
                      P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                      P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                      P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                      P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I did want them to win at least one against the Raiders, Broncos and Chiefs - but that Falcons game - Matty Ice was in FG range or close to it and throws a pick. Uggh.... I knew losing games was the best thing for the bigger picture of the franchise. Hate to say it but its true. Even being top 8 right now ahead of Denver
                        We never beat Atlanta at home before that win. It was a very big deal. Same with Green Bay the year before that. I was happy to get that off. There are accomplishments you want to see the team have.

That game did a lot to build up Herbert. It built confidence in the team going into the future.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

Me personally would rather have the high draft pick.

Comment

Working...
                          X