• Show
Clear All
  • DragonIce
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2021
    • Arizona
    • Send PM

Coach Staley will Infuse NFL IQ throughout entire Charger Organization

Brilliant coaches like Bill Walsh, Jimmy Johnson, Parcells, Bill Belichick, Kyle Shanahan, Andy Reid.... make their players smarter. With that intelligence comes fewer mistakes, and faster, more aggressive play. Confident play. But they also infuse football IQ up and out through an entire organization...impacting the GM, owner, and out the tendrils to the scouts.

In many respects a top visionary coach becomes king...of those lower on the pecking order...but through IQ and personal leadership...up to the top. They acquire the latter form of leadership through merit. Even those with big money and power see, "It's wise that I follow him. I will defer."

These top-order coaches are clear, persuasive and emphatic articulators, making their players more decisive and quicker in action. They see further and deeper and they can convey to the front office the type of players they need, the culture required, and the play style to move forward. Their aggressive plan not only dissects opponents, but melts organizational shortfalls.

Staley is a gem, but it won't just show up in how it impacts the players. This entire franchise is about to get smarter, which will sculpt better decisions, sharpen the directional arrow, and lead to a much more successful franchise. Get your popcorn ready, my friends.
    Last edited by DragonIce; 03-28-2021, 10:59 PM.
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Ernie Zampese said that he became a lot smarter when he had the mid 90s Dallas Cowboy offense at his disposal.

Comment

• DragonIce
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Mar 2021
      • Arizona
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
      Ernie Zampese said that he became a lot smarter when he had the mid 90s Dallas Cowboy offense at his disposal.
      Talent can make coaches look smarter no doubt.

But look, the top coaches above repeatedly come into dummy organizations and change the entire IQ in the room:

-Walsh did w/the west coast offense what Steve Jobs did for computing (took something that wasn't entirely original, but brought previous innovation to full expression.
      -Jimmy understood and deployed speed on defense like none before; he knew how to leverage over-rated RB talent for massive trade
      -Andy Reid's ultra-aggressive pass heavy offenses have changed two franchises, and an entire coaching tree

Staley is the first guy I can think of coming from an offensive background who uses his superior understanding of offenses to break them in them in the design of his defense. He has a chance to be a rare breed who can coach up both sides of the ball.

Comment

• kgbpasha
        #болтап
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Will it include the fans?

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by kgbpasha View Post
          Will it include the fans?
          Extremely doubtful.

Too many damn :rasta:
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post
            Brilliant coaches like Bill Walsh, Jimmy Johnson, Parcells, Bill Belichick, Kyle Shanahan, Andy Reid.... make their players smarter. With that intelligence comes fewer mistakes, and faster, more aggressive play. Confident play. But they also infuse football IQ up and out through an entire organization...impacting the GM, owner, and out the tendrils to the scouts.
            Staley's mentor Sean Mcvay exists.

Comment

• DragonIce
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2021
              • Arizona
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Staley's mentor Sean Mcvay exists.
              I'm sure Staley learned from McVay in the 1 year w/the Rams, but McVay isn't (that I know of) thought of as a great defensive mind. Staley certainly must have picked up some good stuff from Vic Fangio while linebacker coach under Vic in Chicago.

Having a chance to learn from both McVay (offense) and Fangio (defense) is quite some schooling.

A huge benefit Staley will bring to the Chargers is an appreciation for...and understanding of analytics. The Chargers are woefully behind in that area.

Staley, who said he was inspired by the book “Moneyball” and has watched video streams of MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conferences, is a major proponent of analytics.

Comment

• AK47
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2019
                • Send PM

Thread title gives me visions of going to the bathroom "mens" and Staley hops outta nowhere and quizzes you on this week's LG's tendencies against QB pressure or length of 10 yards converted to inches.

Comment

• DragonIce
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2021
                  • Arizona
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                  Thread title gives me visions of going to the bathroom "mens" and Staley hops outta nowhere and quizzes you on this week's LG's tendencies against QB pressure or length of 10 yards converted to inches.
                  Best be ready.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                    Draftnik
                    • Oct 2020
                    • Send PM

Can we please start a petition for Brandon Staley to get a fat chest tattoo if/when we win a Super Bowl??

Bruce Arians did it (see below)

Pretty sure that’s his shoulder, but a lightning bolt across the chest would work for me.
                    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Maybe it'll be more of a motivation if he swears to get a tattoo if we DON'T win the superbowl haha
                      Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• DragonIce
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2021
                        • Arizona
                        • Send PM

If somebody wanted to brand me with scalding hot fire brand...and the resulting mark was "I'm Super Bowl Champion Coach"...I'd find a way to work through the procedure.

Comment

Working...
                        X