• Show
Clear All
  • Frank Barone
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/20/busin...ale/index.html

If only some how some way this could happen to us.
    Didn't Dean day at one point he would consider selling in 2024 or 2025?

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post
      https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/20/busin...ale/index.html

If only some how some way this could happen to us.
      That only happened because Snyder was toxic enough to get Congress involved.

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Frank Barone View Post

Didn't Dean day at one point he would consider selling in 2024 or 2025?
        That was for Dea’s share of the team. He’s not selling the team when he just put money down on a new facility that won’t open until 2024.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

That was for Dea’s share of the team. He’s not selling the team when he just put money down on a new facility that won’t open until 2024.
          I’m not sure they put down shit. A private builder is funding construction and will lease it to the Chargers, as i understood the deal.

I don’t think the Chargers ownership group have that kind of cash flow. all the folks that complain they are cheap are missing the mark - they aren’t cheap, they are poor. They don’t have money, they have equity in the Chargers. Thats why Dea wants her slice - its not about charity, she wants money. Equity don’t spend, its like having a huge valuable house - all you got is huge mortgage and insurance bills as long as youre in it. Cash is accepted everywhere.

Our active owners so love the game, they sacrifice their wealth potential to retain their leadership roles in the NFL. It’s enough to get me misty-eyed … sniff …
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• SuperCharged
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2019
            • Utah
            • Midnight Toker
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

That only happened because Snyder was toxic enough to get Congress involved.
            I know that's why I said I wish there were some way...

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I’m not sure they put down shit. A private builder is funding construction and will lease it to the Chargers, as i understood the deal.

I don’t think the Chargers ownership group have that kind of cash flow. all the folks that complain they are cheap are missing the mark - they aren’t cheap, they are poor. They don’t have money, they have equity in the Chargers. Thats why Dea wants her slice - its not about charity, she wants money. Equity don’t spend, its like having a huge valuable house - all you got is huge mortgage and insurance bills as long as youre in it. Cash is accepted everywhere.

Our active owners so love the game, they sacrifice their wealth potential to retain their leadership roles in the NFL. It’s enough to get me misty-eyed … sniff …
              Poor by NFL standards perhaps but not by any reasonable standard. They have plenty of cash flow. Supports the whole family in grand style. They also have 5+ billion in equity. If you can’t figure out cash flow from that I don’t know what to tell ya. They should ask Bezos who squeaks by on a salary of $181,000 per year

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                Moderate Skeptic
                • May 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Poor by NFL standards perhaps but not by any reasonable standard. They have plenty of cash flow. Supports the whole family in grand style. They also have 5+ billion in equity. If you can’t figure out cash flow from that I don’t know what to tell ya. They should ask Bezos who squeaks by on a salary of $181,000 per year

Yeah . . . . . . . . . . . but he's got one hell of a benefits package !

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Thats not a meaningful comparison to Bezos. Nobody here is asking them for reasonable standard type of spending. Bezos get non-salary compensation of $1.6M per year, its funny tax accounting math, don’t strain your brain to understand it, just know he’s not living on $81k (not 181k). Basically, he’s cheating the US tax system, vs taking a straight $1.6M salary taxed as normal wage income.

Bezos has also sold $39B worth of AMZ stock so far. Add that to his cash flow.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Thats not a meaningful comparison to Bezos. Nobody here is asking them for reasonable standard type of spending. Bezos get non-salary compensation of $1.6M per year, its funny tax accounting math, don’t strain your brain to understand it, just know he’s not living on $81k (not 181k). Basically, he’s cheating the US tax system, vs taking a straight $1.6M salary taxed as normal wage income.

Bezos has also sold $39B worth of AMZ stock so far. Add that to his cash flow.
                    He’s not living on $81k or even $1,6m. He shits $1.6m for breakfast. Point is Spanos is not poor.

Comment

• Wrbanwal
                      FUdean
                      • Dec 2022
                      • Send PM

Our active owners so love the game, they sacrifice their wealth potential to retain their leadership roles in the NFL. It’s enough to get me misty-eyed … sniff
                      You win the internet today mister. lol

Comment

• Wrbanwal
                        FUdean
                        • Dec 2022
                        • Send PM

Where are you getting that 5 billion number

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

He’s not living on $81k or even $1,6m. He shits $1.6m for breakfast. Point is Spanos is not poor.
                          Well he’s poorer than shit if the comparison is Bezos. I cant recall - who offered that comparison, again? Lol

Also not sure on the $5B in equity quote. But equity is just a certificate in a vault, its not cash.

Comment

Working...
                          X