• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

The Chargers had the 7th highest "operating income" in the NFL during the 2021-2022 year (1st year @So-Fi)
    156 million in operating income.

Operating income refers to how much of a team's revenue will become profit after deducting operating expenses, such as wages. The average operating income of an NFL team was around 109 million U.S. dollars in 2019.​

Last edited by Boltnut; 07-23-2023, 08:53 PM.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
      The Chargers had the 7th highest "operating income" in the NFL during the 2021-2022 year (1st year @So-Fi)
      156 million in operating costs.

Operating income refers to how much of a team's revenue will become profit after deducting operating expenses, such as wages. The average operating income of an NFL team was around 109 million U.S. dollars in 2019.​

I don’t think that operating income accounts for their debt payment obligations. Not sure. I did a couple searches but couldnt pin down exactly how much do they still owe for the move and costs, nor how much they have to pay on that per year.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I don’t think that operating income accounts for their debt payment obligations. Not sure. I did a couple searches but couldnt pin down exactly how much do they still owe for the move and costs, nor how much they have to pay on that per year.
        Yeah, I don't know if the re-location fees, moving costs, etc. are figured in or not. I assume that debt payment obligations were figured in to operating costs...

As for the "lease" of the training facilities yet not completed...
        Sonnenblick-Eichner Company is a Los Angeles based real estate investment banking firm that specializes in arranging structured finance for acquisition, construction and permanent loans, interim, preferred equity and mezzanine financing as well as joint-venture equity transactions.
        "Interim" suggests that this is a common practice with large/expensive projects being financed... lease short term until the buyer gets said development completed... or can find a different buyer (hopefully).

With a huge contract coming shortly with Herbert, the Spanos' will have to find a large amount of cash for the signing bonus part of Herbert's contract... or maybe they need a large sum to buy Dea out...? In either case, an "interim" lease allows for time before investing a large sum in a $276 million facility.

I know they have Fred Maas as their Chief of Staff. I'm sure he knows the ins-and-outs of development financing. He's long-time San Diego operative and worked with them in their move from SD to LA.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
          156 million in operating costs.

I think you meant to say $156 in operating income, not costs

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I think you meant to say $156 in operating income, not costs
            Thanks, I edited it.

Comment

• Wrbanwal
              FUdean
              • Dec 2022
              • Send PM

I'm still not seeing how the FUdean team is worth 5 billion. They don't own anything and I don't think they get the profits from other teams fans filling sofi every week.

I'm still running with Dea, get the fuk out while you can.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                  French Speaking Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Québec city
                  • Send PM

J. Bosa, K. Mack, K. Allen and M. Williams
                  I think the Chargers will have to choose to keep 1 maybe 2 of these next year.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                    J. Bosa, K. Mack, K. Allen and M. Williams
                    I think the Chargers will have to choose to keep 1 maybe 2 of these next year.
                    I think probably 2 but you’re not off the trail.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                    X