• Show
Clear All
  • WindsorUK
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Windsor, U.K.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I think what bothers a lot of us is that Gordon stubbornly engaged in that lame holdout, even though TT reportedly made a very decent offer to him. This ended up affecting the team for the worse. Then when Mel DID come back, it took him weeks to get into football shape, probably causing a few more losses. then he makes lame comments like this:

"I am not going to lie. Just cause a lot of fans and a lot of people weren't too happy with me coming in [B]and Phil wanting to get paid [/B]and everything like that. I was like, Look man, I had no parts in that. I wanted to be here and they wanted me to be here. It was a mutual thing and it kind of just happened. It was tough, man, because I felt like a lot of people didn't accept me."

Then, when Mel equates his own situation to Rivers's contract, this is just plain delusional. When he also says "a lot of people didn't accept me," he is failing to recognize the damage he did to his own team, and also the credibility he lost from us, the fans. Nothing personal, it's a BUSINESS. If he didn't like the deal he had, he should have just quietly finished his contract, then moved on to test the FA market. But no. He had to turn this whole situation into some kind of personal issue. Like I said, the dude has a serious persecution complex--and he brings most of his woes on himself by his own foolish actions. The fact that he is still whining to the press about this is further evidence of his classic headcase status...
    Is he referring to Phillip Lyndsay?
    I've not read the full quote- not sure he's referencing current situation ( actually now Lyndsay has signed elsewhere)?

Edit: just read it. He's talking about Lyndsay not Rivers.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

I've not read the full quote- not sure he's referencing current situation ( actually now Lyndsay has signed elsewhere)?

Good point...I suppose in either case, not a wise decision to refer to others, especially on your own team, when discussing your own financial issues and/or demands...

Comment

• CivilBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

Yup Lyndsay. It was smack on his face when they gave Gordon a big contract.

Comment

• CivilBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post
          I think Gordon will be great match for a team that can believe in him, support him and have OC who believes in running.
          yes MG will sign with Lions next year.
          MG better wear shoes with straps because he always get shoe lace tackled :tongue:

Comment

• madcaplaughs
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Ooh, Javonte Williams, betcha Mel doesn't like that either

Comment

• FarAwayBoltFan
              San Diego Native
              • Feb 2019
              • Farmington, NM
              • Send PM