• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CivilBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
    Recording NFL Network and ESPN broadcast...... watching NFLN live..... and watching this board...... =)

Eating Lolitas Carne-Asada Burrito and drinking margarita with occasional shot of Tequila ..... =)

I like the idea of a shot per round or for every time Goodell messes up? .... or....? lol
    I used to eat Lolitas a lot mid 90s when I went to Hilltop Middle and High. Not the same now but still good.

Comment

• equivocation
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2021
      • Send PM

I will be explaining to my daughter why we have to watch this.

Comment

• pigskin
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Southern Oregon
        • Send PM

I'll be smoking a brisket JH10 style. It's going to be my new draft day tradition!

Comment

• FrankB
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2018
          • Send PM

Its one of the most exciting times of the NFL year for me. The time difference makes it a ball-ache but I'll be up watching the whole of the first round and rounds 2 and 3. Strong coffee, hotdogs, chips and queso. And a baffled look from my wife.

Comment

• Shumway
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Perth Australia
            • Send PM

I curse the time difference here in Australia and try to sneak as much attention to things online from my desk at work!

Comment

• MakoShark
              Disgruntled
              • Jun 2013
              • North Alabama
              • Send PM

I make notes as it goes along for fantasy purposes. I like to compare my feelings from real time to what is later said in fantasy draft guides.
              sigpic

Comment

• WindsorUK
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Windsor, U.K.
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
                The Mrs. makes wings and a veggie tray. As I sit there anxiously she asks me who I want us to pick and then I tell her who and why we won’t draft them (usually because TT isn’t smart like me). If it’s a good pick then I tell her that my reverse psychology plan worked, if it’s a bad pick then I tell her I knew it would happen. Either way my hope for next season starts to blossom as I wait for the Packers to do something stupid so I can make fun of my brother-in-law.

We gotta winner!!!
                :beer:

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

I used to eat Lolitas a lot mid 90s when I went to Hilltop Middle and High. Not the same now but still good.
                  Chula Vista High kid myself
                  Castle Park too
                  P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                  P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                  P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                  P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• MakoShark
                    Disgruntled
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Alabama
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Chula Vista High kid myself
                    Castle Park too
                    I'm a Castle Park Trojan...'85
                    sigpic

Comment

• eaterfan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

I don't really have any traditions but need some help with my draft ideas for this year. I'm trying to balance - watching as much of the draft as possible, paying as close attention as I can, and having delicious food and drink.

Here's my situation - I get off of work at 5:30 and have about a 15-20 minute commute.

I can pick up some food on the way and it will probably cost me an extra 15-20 minutes. Possible ideas - wings, nachos, gyro platter, pizza, spicy Chinese food.
                      I can cook (I'm actually really good at it) - I can make nachos, make a quesadilla, I can make pasta, or chili dogs. It will take me a little longer until I get to eat and I will be paying attention to cooking for a little. I do have a TV in my kitchen, so I can watch, it just won't have my full attention. I'd try to get a lot of prep work done beforehand, but I can't get everything done.

Drinks:
                      I have a lot of really good beer (but mostly stouts and sours), I have some bourbon I love, good Scotch, and some wine. I could pick up some lighter types of beers (Pale Ale, IPA, or a Pilsner on my way home one day)

Let me know what you think.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                        Fluent in Sarcasm
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Iowa
                        • Man of the People
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post
                        I don't really have any traditions but need some help with my draft ideas for this year. I'm trying to balance - watching as much of the draft as possible, paying as close attention as I can, and having delicious food and drink.

Here's my situation - I get off of work at 5:30 and have about a 15-20 minute commute.

I can pick up some food on the way and it will probably cost me an extra 15-20 minutes. Possible ideas - wings, nachos, gyro platter, pizza, spicy Chinese food.
                        I can cook (I'm actually really good at it) - I can make nachos, make a quesadilla, I can make pasta, or chili dogs. It will take me a little longer until I get to eat and I will be paying attention to cooking for a little. I do have a TV in my kitchen, so I can watch, it just won't have my full attention. I'd try to get a lot of prep work done beforehand, but I can't get everything done.

Drinks:
                        I have a lot of really good beer (but mostly stouts and sours), I have some bourbon I love, good Scotch, and some wine. I could pick up some lighter types of beers (Pale Ale, IPA, or a Pilsner on my way home one day)

Let me know what you think.
                        I’m a traditionalist so wings or pizza will always get my vote. You do have the first 3 picks being QBs so that should afford you some extra time either in cooking or food pickup (pickup might take longer than normal if a lot of draft watchers are calling in). My vote is make nachos and beers, after our pick you might need to upgrade to the hard stuff though.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
                          I will be explaining to my daughter why we have to watch this.
                          Goodluck. I’ll watch it with my four-year old. I can already hear him asking, why? followed by another why?....

Comment

Working...
                          X