• Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post

I'm a Castle Park Trojan...'85
    Hilltop, Castle Park - I was Montgomery - 84. All the same conference - Gail (Yolanda) Devers at Sweetwater was a one person track team those years

Lolitas - where the hell was it - the one on Telegraph Canyon Road - I think thats the one I used to frequent. A Lot. Loved the rolled tacos

As for the draft I think I will just set the DVRs and FF until pick about pick 6 - see where things stand and than FF again to 13
    Greenberg with the Jets pick will be not must see TV

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Los Taquitos on main n 3rd
      tacos de cabeza
      Those who know, know
      P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
      P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
      P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
      P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by pigskin View Post
        I'll be smoking a brisket JH10 style. It's going to be my new draft day tradition!
        Pictures please.

Velo, can we get a few pictures when you chop up a bunch of jackfruit and pretend it's meat haha
        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• FoutsFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Birmingham AL
          • Send PM

Originally posted by pigskin View Post
          I'll be smoking a brisket JH10 style. It's going to be my new draft day tradition!
          That is awesome! I just got a smoker, I have never used one before but my plan is for game day to be doing brisket, pulled pork and such, very much looking forward to it.

Comment

• kgbpasha
            #болтап
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Picked up a new GF, so DraftDay N Chill.

Comment

• Caslon
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2019
              • Send PM

I plan being on here and maybe asking WTF? Huh?

imp:

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

During the 80s and 90s, I used to go to the stadium every year with my copy of the Pro Football Weekly Draft Guide. I won the draft contest one year for who could guess the highest number of first rounders. Always great energy and a great time. Except for the Beathard years when he kept trading away our 1s.

When it moved out to the bars, it lost its energy and I started watching it at home on TV. So I’ll be glued to the TV at home from the first pick to the last. And enjoying myself with TPB of course.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Charge!
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                  During the 80s and 90s, I used to go to the stadium every year with my copy of the Pro Football Weekly Draft Guide. I won the draft contest one year for who could guess the highest number of first rounders. Always great energy and a great time. Except for the Beathard years when he kept trading away our 1s.

When it moved out to the bars, it lost its energy and I started watching it at home on TV. So I’ll be glued to the TV at home from the first pick to the last. And enjoying myself with TPB of course.
                  You just reminded me that I had gone to the Stadium for a draft many many years ago.....I cannot remember who was our first pick?..... It may have been the Rod Bernstine draft?...Only thing I remember is it was in a room at the stadium and not that many people were there. Most people had pro football;l weekly or sporting news draft mags or the men viper guide (which started during 1983 draft with Elway and Marino)......

I also remember there days of getting up before 5am to watch the start of draft....... when it was all own one day..... that was a long long day..... lol

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Hilltop, Castle Park - I was Montgomery - 84. All the same conference - Gail (Yolanda) Devers at Sweetwater was a one person track team those years

Lolitas - where the hell was it - the one on Telegraph Canyon Road - I think thats the one I used to frequent. A Lot. Loved the rolled tacos

As for the draft I think I will just set the DVRs and FF until pick about pick 6 - see where things stand and than FF again to 13
                    Greenberg with the Jets pick will be not must see TV
                    I was Hilltop High '79..... and yes Lolitas on telegraph.....

Comment

• MakoShark
                      Disgruntled
                      • Jun 2013
                      • North Alabama
                      • Send PM

Back in the 80's I remember the place for us was Roberto's Taco Shop on 3rd. Sure could use a couple of carne asada burrito's come draft time.
                      sigpic

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

What is the verdict on The California Burrito, with the crispy french fries inside ?

I guess it is a natural derivative of the San Diego classic, carne asada fries.

We have a NorCal Burrito up here which is slightly different.

Come to think of it, I better switch up my "Draft beer" from Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra EPA, to something more southerly.

I have always like the straight Sculpin. Maybe something Central Coast. Hmmm. Score some Parabola.

And y'all had better be wearing your good mojo jerseys,
                        so that TT makes the right moves here.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                          Fluent in Sarcasm
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Iowa
                          • Man of the People
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                          And y'all had better be wearing your good mojo jerseys, so that TT makes the right moves here.
                          I’ll be sporting my Herbert jersey purchased 5 minutes after the pick was in. Nothing but good vibes outta that one.

Comment

Working...
                          X