• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

McCoy probably had something to do with Julius Thomas so I'm not going to think he can't develop young TEs or even trust them.

It's got to be on Green's end bc the year before he was an emerging weapon and last year he just fell out of the rotation. Yes, Royal's play impacted things but if Green had progressed you have to think they would have been finding ways to get him in there.

Of course, I saw very little creativity out of Reich last year, so that could play a role too.

Comment

• bonehead
      Undrafted
      • Jul 2013
      • TBD
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
      McCoy probably had something to do with Julius Thomas so I'm not going to think he can't develop young TEs or even trust them.

It's got to be on Green's end bc the year before he was an emerging weapon and last year he just fell out of the rotation. Yes, Royal's play impacted things but if Green had progressed you have to think they would have been finding ways to get him in there.

Of course, I saw very little creativity out of Reich last year, so that could play a role too.
      ....six degrees of Frank Reich game...LOL
      Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
        ....six degrees of Frank Reich game...LOL
        I am really disappointed that he's back. While I understand that he was a first time coordinator and he could improve, I've never been a coordinator nor a coach and I think there were some things he did last year that I would have known not to do.

Comment

• MakoShark
          Disgruntled
          • Jun 2013
          • North Alabama
          • Send PM

Echoes of the last offseason.

Chargers head coach Mike McCoy plans on getting tight end Ladarius Green more involved in the offense, reports UT San Diego.

"There are things we can do more with him," McCoy said. "He worked extremely hard. I don't think it was anything he was physically doing out there. I think it was a matter of philosophically what we were doing with the players we had. We got into the 11 personnel game a lot, three receivers and a tight end. When you have the three receivers we had, and you've got (tight end) Antonio Gates, (you'd have to) take the back out of the game. We need to use him more."

Green was limited to only 19 receptions on 24 targets in 2014. Entering his fourth year in the league, the 24-year-old has totaled 40 receptions for 658 yards and three touchdowns.

General manager Tom Telesco echoed McCoy's sentiments about getting Green into the mix.

It's a good problem to have that we have enough guys," Telesco said. "Philip (Rivers) spreads the ball around. Basically, the open guy gets the ball; he doesn't force it to anybody. But Ladarius has a lot of talent. We'll get him in the mix. We will. He's too good not to."
          sigpic

Comment

• TTK
            EX-Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • America's Finest City
            • Send PM

Someone pass McCoy's memo on to Frank Reich.

Comment

• Classic
              Hall Of Fame
              • Dec 2014
              • Send PM

Maybe just maybe it isn't Frank or Mikes fault and Ladarius just isn't as good as we hoped he'd be? I'd traded him straight up for a 4th rounder on him right now.

Comment

• Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist
                • Send PM

I don't know how you can stick with a lot of 21 personnel (2 TE) if the OL can't block very well. When there are more TE in the game, then there are more big bodies to block in the box. Going with 11 personnel last year was about the only think we could do to ease some pressure on the OL.

AS far as this season, I think the addition of Stevie Johnson is as much about adding another WR who can split some time with Floyd as it is about asking Stevie Johnson to just play in the slot. I expect Floyd, Allen and Johnson to get fewer reps combined then our top Royal, Floyd and Allen did last year. But the OL is going to have to show they are up to the task.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
                  Maybe just maybe it isn't Frank or Mikes fault and Ladarius just isn't as good as we hoped he'd be? I'd traded him straight up for a 4th rounder on him right now.
                  And that makes sense how?

Comment

• MakoShark
                    Disgruntled
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Alabama
                    • Send PM

I wouldn't over think it. Its simply a case where its hard to get on the field when the guy in front of you is a future HOF'er.
                    sigpic

Comment

• SDFan
                      Woober Goober
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Dolores, CO
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                      I wouldn't over think it. Its simply a case where its hard to get on the field when the guy in front of you is a future HOF'er.
                      that, and the personnel package they were using most the time because we didn't have the same OL or RBs to succeed with as the year before when Green was on the upswing.
                      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

Working...
                      X