• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltx
    Dominate the day
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
    JH in the game down 28 with 5 to go infuriated me. Thats just gross negligence given the fact that a wildfire is taking out so many of our guys. I mean he gets hurt and its just such a boneheaded move. Its all the little things with this team. Poor depth. Poor depth play. Even the starters are sloppy. We kind of look out of shape. Im so bummed. I dont feel like we are getting the coaching we need. Im not calling for Staleys head yet. But its not pretty man. And its starting to make sense to just start thinking about a new regime for this QB. And i think Payton might be a hot name with fans. Just because i think he can maximize Herbs. Maybe Brees can come into that front office like Lynch did for the niners and put together a staff that can be a more complete team. I like spedning huge on big names etc...but its never going to be enough if we dont develop our own and draft well. Been a lot of misses in the mid rounds.

Ill likely keep my thoughts regarding this staff to myself going forward. But the fact we have to be 100% healthy to compete isnt a good sign. I dont want to use my ownership of this forum in a way that comes off like i have an agenda. I get accused of that on twitter sometimes. lol Im not trying to persuade my members one way or another. Im a fan. Thats it. A frustrated one. A tired one. I expect better from top to bottom. Run game is trash lol Cant have playaction without that.

Bro we need MORE of this unleashed Fleet.

I came into the year with a total open mind on Staley, rooting for him to succeed. But his management of an injured Herb both last week and now down 28 points is almost criminal. I'm done. Just done.

Payton and a new GM would be a dream come true but we don't deserve that, apparently.
    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Thing is, even if Payton said he was interested in coming here, Spanos only fires coaches with a year remaining. How long is Staley's contract?
      I dont see Dean hiring an expensive HC like Payton. It just isn't what he does. Hasn't shown he is willing to do that.

I'm not giving up on Staley yet. We knew our depth isn't that good. Keenan is sorely missed and when he is out and they double MW, we are in trouble in spite of some thining we have the best WR group in the league. We do not. I actuly think Staley should get at least three years to make this team his own. It isn't complete yet as I see it.

Jacksonville has been picking top five for years now and had multiple top picks this year. Finally, got a good HC instead of experimenting with shit like Urban Meyer and Gus.

Comment

• Boltx
        Dominate the day
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
        I'll wait to see the game but from the outside, there's been a few strikes on Staley's watch that are undeniable.
        If he could make-up for it in the form of being the genius he was sold as, then I can live with a few strikes.

but not being competitive with an up and coming team after a few key injuries is simply unacceptable.
        The injuries to multiple high-level starters is piling up though, and is undeniable.

Unfortunately it will be the get-out-of-jail-free card for both Staley and TT. Again.

Man, if this franchise had any vision or boldness, they would just can the both of them (yes Staley after only 2 years, so what) and go all on in Payton. What do we have to lose? The trophy case is empty and the stadium is 75% opposing fans. Shoot for the goddamn moon and beyond.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
          Thing is, even if Payton said he was interested in coming here, Spanos only fires coaches with a year remaining. How long is Staley's contract?
          I dont see Dean hiring an expensive HC like Payton. It just isn't what he does. Hasn't shown he is willing to do that.

I'm not giving up on Staley yet. We knew our depth isn't that good. Keenan is sorely missed and when he is out and they double MW, we are in trouble in spite of some thining we have the best WR group in the league. We do not. I actuly think Staley should get at least three years to make this team his own. It isn't complete yet as I see it.

Jacksonville has been picking top five for years now and had multiple top picks this year. Finally, got a good HC instead of experimenting with shit like Urban Meyer and Gus.
          I’m afraid to see a team that Staley “makes his own”. He got everything he wanted in the off season, all defensive guys and we just gave up 38 to the Jags. The only guy we lost was Bosa and we know he’s always gonna miss a few games.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

The injuries to multiple high-level starters is piling up though, and is undeniable.

Unfortunately it will be the get-out-of-jail-free card for both Staley and TT. Again.

Man, if this franchise had any vision or boldness, they would just can the both of them (yes Staley after only 2 years, so what) and go all on in Payton. What do we have to lose? The trophy case is empty and the stadium is 75% opposing fans. Shoot for the goddamn moon and beyond.
            Hate to look up HC candidates this early.
            but then again, hate to see a Herbert led team not be competitive in the 4th quarter
            Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Fleet 1
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Kauai
              • Send PM

Yeah even down Bosa and JC that shouldn't get us butchered like that. Pederson laughed at what Staley was doing. You see a huge stack on the strongside of the Jags OL and we have guys like Derwin and Tranquil shooting gaps on the weakside and up the gut. We were totally overloaded and made no correction. Easy score for Robinson. It was like 7 vs 5 on that matchup.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I’m afraid to see a team that Staley “makes his own”. He got everything he wanted in the off season, all defensive guys and we just gave up 38 to the Jags. The only guy we lost was Bosa and we know he’s always gonna miss a few games.
                He did..... As starters. Starters are good, we have now had some injuries and the depth isn't good. JC didn't play and Davis is last years CB who is ok. Samuel is already better.

The OL depth is awful. QB depth is awful and if we had say Minshew, I'd had sat Herbert today.
                RB is Meh, and WR depth can be better. I like Palmer but after him, it's Meh.
                We have an above Average TE, Average depth.... And Parham hasn't played since preseason game 1 or 2.

The defense was terrible though. No excuse for that crap performance

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
                  Yeah even down Bosa and JC that shouldn't get us butchered like that. Pederson laughed at what Staley was doing. You see a huge stack on the strongside of the Jags OL and we have guys like Derwin and Tranquil shooting gaps on the weakside and up the gut. We were totally overloaded and made no correction. Easy score for Robinson. It was like 7 vs 5 on that matchup.
                  :what:
                  Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Boltx
                    Dominate the day
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

He did..... As starters. Starters are good, we have now had some injuries and the depth isn't good. JC didn't play and Davis is last years CB who is ok. Samuel is already better.

The OL depth is awful. QB depth is awful and if we had say Minshew, I'd had sat Herbert today.
                    RB is Meh, and WR depth can be better. I like Palmer but after him, it's Meh.
                    We have an above Average TE, Average depth.... And Parham hasn't played since preseason game 1 or 2.

The defense was terrible though. No excuse for that crap performance
                    So it sounds like we were an 8-9 win team at best, anyway.

So why get upset?

Also I think we are better at RB than you suspect - why is Kelley not getting more touches? Why is Spiller inactive still?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

So it sounds like we were an 8-9 win team at best, anyway.

So why get upset?

Also I think we are better at RB than you suspect - why is Kelley not getting more touches? Why is Spiller inactive still?
                      Don't know. Somebody likes Michel but who knows he may get cut mid season. There hasn't been much running room to run through which is a puzzler imo.

I think we are a 11 win team IF we have minimum injuries but they are piling up already. If we have OL go down for any time we are fucked. We are down two already.
                      Haven't heard anything on Guyton but he was pounding the ground and that usually isn't good. Look for Reed to get a call up if Guyton Wil miss some time. I know Bandy is the favorite but he is a one trick pony in the slot.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Don't know. Somebody likes Michel but who knows he may get cut mid season. There hasn't been much running room to run through which is a puzzler imo.

I think we are a 11 win team IF we have minimum injuries but they are piling up already. If we have OL go down for any time we are fucked. We are down two already.
                        Haven't heard anything on Guyton but he was pounding the ground and that usually isn't good. Look for Reed to get a call up if Guyton Wil miss some time. I know Bandy is the favorite but he is a one trick pony in the slot.
                        It’s inexplicable to me why Sony is playing in front of Kelley. Kelley has been more productive and I thought for sure after Sony caused that INT they’d sit him. Nope. He had the next carry. At this point give Spiller and Kelley the shots. Sony isn’t productive.

Guyton left the game on crutches. Reed, Bandy, doesn’t really matter when the entire offensive scheme is shit

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                          Chargers Hall of Fame
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

It’s inexplicable to me why Sony is playing in front of Kelley. Kelley has been more productive and I thought for sure after Sony caused that INT they’d sit him. Nope. He had the next carry. At this point give Spiller and Kelley the shots. Sony isn’t productive.

Guyton left the game on crutches. Reed, Bandy, doesn’t really matter when the entire offensive scheme is shit
                          Why Sony? Because we are learning that Staley’s main desire is to placate the veterans. You can see it every single week. The veteran players set their own practice schedules (they can come out when they’re tired). The players tell him if they want to play, even if injured. The veteran players get the touches. He will always fall on the side of bending over backwards for the veteran players.

Which doesn’t seem the best way to be a head coach. Quite often, you actually have to step up and be the head coach and not just have enthusiastic banter with the vets while they stretch.

Who really is in charge on this team?

Comment

Working...
                          X