• Show
Clear All
  • Air Coryell
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2021
    • Carlsbad, CA
    • Teacher, Coach, CFO
    • Send PM

After JH rookie of the year season, it was criminal not to hire a Head coach with experience from the offensive side of the ball. Staley is the most inexperienced and overrated hire since Anthony Lynn. The Kool-Aid has spilled. As Chick Hearn would say, the mustard is off the hot dog.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2022
      • Send PM

Staley was Bruce Seldon against Mike Tyson today. In other words, it wasn't even a fight.

To make matters even worse, Staley had our banged up, stud quarterback out there on the final drive of a 38-10 blowout. Let's just throw out the fact that Herbert already has a rib injury. Why would you do that even if Herbert were completely healthy? What if he breaks his leg in garbage time? I'm in disbelief over this.

Comment

• Boltx
        Dominate the day
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Who's worse - the Broncos or Chargers? Hackett or Staley?

The Broncos are equally as hard to watch. Wow.
        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Its inexplicable to me why Sony is playing in front of Kelley. Kelley has been more productive and I thought for sure after Sony caused that INT theyd sit him. Nope. He had the next carry. At this point give Spiller and Kelley the shots. Sony isnt productive.

Guyton left the game on crutches. Reed, Bandy, doesn’t really matter when the entire offensive scheme is shit
          ^ This. They barely signed Sony, and his ypc is not all that good...Kelley, in his limited carries, has been better...not a good time to be experimenting or promoting a RB based on what he did last season (Michel). I would say ease Sony into the rotation, with Ekkie and Kelley getting most of the touches...then, if Sony produces, slowly increase his touches. But it takes a while to learn the offense...Sony dropped a catchable ball also...

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post
            After JH rookie of the year season, it was criminal not to hire a Head coach with experience from the offensive side of the ball. Staley is the most inexperienced and overrated hire since Anthony Lynn. The Kool-Aid has spilled. As Chick Hearn would say, the mustard is off the hot dog.
            And also, to paraphrase what Chickie Baby would say, "this season is in the refrigerator. The door is shut, the lights are out, the jello is jigglin' and the butter is getting hard."

Comment

• Scotty Boy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2017
              • Send PM

Today was clearly an organizational loss - ownership, front office, coaching & players. That being said, here’s one name we probably miss WAY more than we realize: Frank Smith. Last year’s OL coach (now OC w/ Dolphins) seems to be missed significantly. Maybe we our lack of talent on the coaching staff is being exposed….

Comment

• TTThunder
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

But his management of an injured Herb both last week and now down 28 points is almost criminal.
                1. I like Stanley but this & his believe that our current OC is suitable for Herbert's talents are 2 strikes now...

2. I guess he will play Herbert until he physically cannot perform... :facepalm1::facepalm1::facepalm1:

Go Bolts!!!

Comment

• KrazyLegs
                  Registered Dude
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Westminster, MA
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                  Who's worse - the Broncos or Chargers? Hackett or Staley?

The Broncos are equally as hard to watch. Wow.
                  If nothing else, at least their D plays hard and doesn't just expect to show up and dominate.

Comment

• Boltx
                    Dominate the day
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by KrazyLegs View Post

If nothing else, at least their D plays hard and doesn't just expect to show up and dominate.
                    Yup. Their offense is struggling, you assume Wilson will figure things out a bit as the season goes on. If their offense can get going...with that defense, I think they can overtake KC this year.
                    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
                      JH in the game down 28 with 5 to go infuriated me. Thats just gross negligence given the fact that a wildfire is taking out so many of our guys. I mean he gets hurt and its just such a boneheaded move. Its all the little things with this team. Poor depth. Poor depth play. Even the starters are sloppy. We kind of look out of shape. Im so bummed. I dont feel like we are getting the coaching we need. Im not calling for Staleys head yet. But its not pretty man. And its starting to make sense to just start thinking about a new regime for this QB. And i think Payton might be a hot name with fans. Just because i think he can maximize Herbs. Maybe Brees can come into that front office like Lynch did for the niners and put together a staff that can be a more complete team. I like spedning huge on big names etc...but its never going to be enough if we dont develop our own and draft well. Been a lot of misses in the mid rounds.

Ill likely keep my thoughts regarding this staff to myself going forward. But the fact we have to be 100% healthy to compete isnt a good sign. I dont want to use my ownership of this forum in a way that comes off like i have an agenda. I get accused of that on twitter sometimes. lol Im not trying to persuade my members one way or another. Im a fan. Thats it. A frustrated one. A tired one. I expect better from top to bottom. Run game is trash lol Cant have playaction without that.

Playing Herbie in garbage time was criminal...and he took a couple of hits that last series or two...I really question Staley's game decisions...almost rivals some of Lynn's boneheaded moves...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Playing Herbie in garbage time was criminal...and he took a couple of hits that last series or two...I really question Staley's game decisions...almost rivals some of Lynn's boneheaded moves...
                        Not hardly. He has a ways to go to match Lynn's bone head moves.

Comment

• Caslon
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2019
                          • Send PM

A competent head coach doesn’t cater to his QB’s whims and wishes to play with 4 minutes left and a 38-10 deficit with possibly getting injured. A winning coach says “you’re done for the day.” Staley is actually a new breed of headcoach, one that let’s his players decide what THEY want to do. It sickens me, those types. Staley needs to grow a spine.

Comment

Working...
                          X