• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • equivocation
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2021
    • Send PM

Staley's ability to remember details about other people is another element that makes him very charismatic. I think the "always say someone's name" thing is a little forced (to introvert me) but he definitely is personable. He's make a great salesperson too.

Having that type of memory for detail about football may also help a bit.

Comment

• AK47
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

If he stays out of Herbert's way and just massively improves the defense we're already an 11 win team with a wilcard berth. Lynn basically did nothing the last 4 games and just let the Herb rip it!
      Pretty sure Staley wants to agressive attack LOS, the mid field, and downfield.

“What I think is paramount on both sides of the ball and in the kicking game is that you use personnel groupings as a weapon, because you want to put people in conflict every single snap,” Staley said, via Daniel Popper of TheAthletic.com. “And part of the way you do that is with a variety of groupings that they have to prepare for, where they can’t just say, ‘Man, hey, this is all 11.’ I’ve got a lot of defenses to defend 11 personnel, guys. It’s a lengthy, lengthy call sheet. But when you have to defend 11, 12, 21, 22, 10 … it puts a lot of pressure on you defensively."

It started with his hiring of Lombardi whom has experience in putting a "lot of pressure on you defensively", the revamped o-line, the offensive chess pieces he and Lombardi coveted and are acquiring, and the fact Herbert was in the draft war room leads me to believe Staley wants Herbert to be aggressive and to.....

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

“You got a problem with that??”
        Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
          Outback Goon
          • Sep 2018
          • Australia
          • Send PM

off topic:
          Cobra Kai 1st season was great. Seasons 2 and 3 not so much.

On topic:
          Herbert makes a big leap rookie year, what will he do in his 2nd year? Staley could become known as one of the greatest coaches paired with Herbert for 10 years or he could Charger it up hahahah. Oh boy

Comment

• madcaplaughs
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
            off topic:

On topic:
            Herbert makes a big leap rookie year, what will he do in his 2nd year? Staley could become known as one of the greatest coaches paired with Herbert for 10 years or he could Charger it up hahahah. Oh boy
            It's a very pleasant feeling to think about what Herbert will be able to do with a decent offensive line. Think of how many games we would have been able to win if we'd been able to run the ball in the 3rd and 4th quarters. I'd be really surprised if we didn't make the playoffs this year. I'd really love to at least split with KC this year too.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
              off topic:

On topic:
              Here’s my old standard for a great coach, 100 wins in 10 years. With 17 games it should now be 107 wins in 10 years.

Go for it Staley, you got the qb to make it happen. Do you have the coaching genius to make it happen?
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

I've sure been impressed with Staley thus far. His pressers remind of Sid Gilman. Sid looked below the surface of all plays - Staley seems to be like that.

I have more reservations about Lombardi, being second fiddle in a band led by Peyton doesn't necessarily equal success. Here's hoping he's learned a lot from his time in NO.

THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Rugger05
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Love that Staley is bringing in "competitive casual"

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                    I've sure been impressed with Staley thus far. His pressers remind of Sid Gilman. Sid looked below the surface of all plays - Staley seems to be like that.

I have more reservations about Lombardi, being second fiddle in a band led by Peyton doesn't necessarily equal success. Here's hoping he's learned a lot from his time in NO.
                    I agree. What I do like about Lombardi, he didn't seem to hurt NO's offense and he's working under HC Staley's revival tent with a lot of Brandon's asst choices.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Lombardi does not have a bunch of rookies on the offensive side of the ball and the new rooks he does have seem to have that extra juice to succeed.

:beer:
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• boldarblood
                        Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Underrated post.
                        About the whole enchilada.
                        Thank you for the kind words my friend, respect!

Comment

• Charge!
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
                          What a breath of fresh air. I have really enjoyed his press conferences after each day of the draft. He clearly has a vision for what he wants and the detailed traits he is looking for in each position on the field. His football IQ is off the charts and he has a very clear way of articulating things. I know he has not coached a game yet for us, but I think this is the long-term hire that we've been waiting for. I feel very fortunate that he is our coach.
                          I agree.... I've been a Chargers fan over 50 years and cannot remember any HC ever explain in detail so many things, yet without revealing any secrets. He educates the players, media, and fans in a real honest down to earth way. Time will tell how great HC he will be but he clearly is a great person! I would love to work for someone like that!

Comment

Working...
                          X