• Show
Clear All
  • CanadianBoltFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2022
    • White Rock, BC Canada
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

As Eisen pointed out, Keenan Allen called out Staley’s coaching in front of the whole country on Twitter with a “WTF”.

should Staley kick Keenan off the team this week for insubordination and mutiny?
    Apparently Staley and Keenan had a "heart to heart" today and all is well. No question Staley was going to hear about it, the player calling out his coach was plastered everywhere in football media.

Staley can be as defiant and cocky as he likes, but he may want to tread carefully with some leaders and veterans on this team. Allen is a 5 time pro bowler who has accomplished alot more in the NFL than Brandon Staley's head coaching resume.

I am sure those two are fine, but i dont think it is a complete non story either.

Cade York made a game winning 58 yard field goal week 1. What if he makes that kick after Staley gifted the Browns the ball 10 yards from FG range up 2 points?? Be a very different vibe in that locker room today.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Apparently Staley and Keenan had a "heart to heart" today and all is well. No question Staley was going to hear about it, the player calling out his coach was plastered everywhere in football media.

Staley can be as defiant and cocky as he likes, but he may want to tread carefully with some leaders and veterans on this team. Allen is a 5 time pro bowler who has accomplished alot more in the NFL than Brandon Staley's head coaching resume.

I am sure those two are fine, but i dont think it is a complete non story either.

Cade York made a game winning 58 yard field goal week 1. What if he makes that kick after Staley gifted the Browns the ball 10 yards from FG range up 2 points?? Be a very different vibe in that locker room today.

Mutiny in the locker room if he made it.

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

As Eisen pointed out, Keenan Allen called out Staley’s coaching in front of the whole country on Twitter with a “WTF”.

should Staley kick Keenan off the team this week for insubordination and mutiny?
        It's obvious the team would be better off having Keenan and not having Staley.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Was the vibe bad in the locker room last week when the team went for a 4th and 1 at their own 45 yard line late in the 4th quarter last week against Houston? You'll be second guessed if you lose. We didn't even hear about it against Houston because it worked. The media pundits lazy reporting says that Staley's decision making cost them 2 games last year and a chance at the playoffs, ignoring the 3 games he won by going for it late. People and players can't have it both ways.

Comment

• Riverwalk
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

What did Keenan do that is insubordination?
            Keenan scolded his coach publicly in real-time for going for it on 4th down versus kicking it.

Keenan is obviously too valuable to the team to suffer any consequences, but Eisen raised the issue as a sign of our time that wasn’t something NFL coaches ever had to deal with before social media evolved and these “employees” question management very publicly in real-time.

As much as I like Keenan, that was ridiculous for him to post even though I shared Keenan’s exact same “WTF”.

imagine you’re the CEO of any company with a high profile. Mark Zuckerberg announces a new name for Facebook and new technology direction. During the telecast of Zuckerberg’s presentation, one of his highest profile executives starts posting on Twitter….”WTF?”

I don’t know how young some of you are here… Maybe you grew up with social media and the “me” culture and think this is fine.

I’m from another generation and find it destructive.

P.S. I bet that would never happen with Belichik

Comment

• SDBORN
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

It's obvious the team would be better off having Keenan and not having Staley.
              As far as Staley goes, now we have the personnel.. Where is this vaunted defense we were promised?

Comment

• electricgold
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2020
                • Send PM

Today its coming out that the players are supporting Staley and his coaching yesterday. Herbert and Derwin both spoke in support of what went down and that is all that really matters!

It's on to Denver for our 3rd win in a row!

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Keenan scolded his coach publicly in real-time for going for it on 4th down versus kicking it.

Keenan is obviously too valuable to the team to suffer any consequences, but Eisen raised the issue as a sign of our time that wasn’t something NFL coaches ever had to deal with before social media evolved and these “employees” question management very publicly in real-time.

As much as I like Keenan, that was ridiculous for him to post even though I shared Keenan’s exact same “WTF”.

imagine you’re the CEO of any company with a high profile. Mark Zuckerberg announces a new name for Facebook and new technology direction. During the telecast of Zuckerberg’s presentation, one of his highest profile executives starts posting on Twitter….”WTF?”

I don’t know how young some of you are here… Maybe you grew up with social media and the “me” culture and think this is fine.

WR are often divas and Keenan, though not as bad as some, is also somewhat of one. Zero reason to post that even if you thought it.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2022
                    • White Rock, BC Canada
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Was the vibe bad in the locker room last week when the team went for a 4th and 1 at their own 45 yard line late in the 4th quarter last week against Houston? You'll be second guessed if you lose. We didn't even hear about it against Houston because it worked. The media pundits lazy reporting says that Staley's decision making cost them 2 games last year and a chance at the playoffs, ignoring the 3 games he won by going for it late. People and players can't have it both ways.
                    i think it comes down to being agressive is fine but he has to learn some situational awareness.

Anayltics is a tool, but you not should follow it blindly.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Are you comparing Staley to Belichick?

Staley doesn't have nearly the level of gravitas that Belichick has. He's a kindergardener who wants to be pals with his players. For Keenan to tweet this you know the players have felt it if not discussed it. he's not the only one.

Staley himself has been quick to throw players under the bus. If you give it out be prepared to take it.

And fix the eff'ing defense for the love of god.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

i think it comes down to being agressive is fine but he has to learn some situational awareness.

Anayltics is a tool, but you not should follow it blindly.
                        My point was, he did the exact same thing in the same situation in week 4 against Houston and you didn't hear a peep about it. So people should either be screaming in outrage over it both when it works and when it doesn't work or they should pipe down.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

As far as Staley goes, now we have the personnel.. Where is this vaunted defense we were promised?
                          ---- > https://www.lineups.com/nfl-team-rankings/defense

?

Comment

Working...
                          X