• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cdn Bolt
    replied
    Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Not on mine. #2 CB...lol. Which board?
    We got negative value OMB.
    #3 on Draftek and #2 on CBS. Just goes to show how subjective ratings can be.

Leave a comment:

• like54ninjas
    replied
    Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post

He was the 24th ranked prospect and #2 corner on most boards so he slipped a little.
    Not on mine. #2 CB...lol. Which board?
    We got negative value OMB.

Leave a comment:

• Bearded14YourPleasure
    replied

No it isn't. It is numerical only but still shows many of the steals. Do you not think us getting Asante Samuel in the 2nd rnd a good deal?
    It has Sewell as the biggest steal of the draft when the earliest he realistically would have gone was at 5. Same with Pitt though he’s further down the list. 2 top 7 picks as the biggest steals in the draft when we knew 3 QBs were going first? Trey Smith and Ojulari fell due to medical, impossible to say at this point what their actual value was amongst teams without that detailed info. Blood clots and degenerative lower leg issues can both be career ending so some teams probably had a do-not-draft value on them. It’s not completely useless but the numbers don’t tell the whole story for some guys and overinflates value early in the draft due to the higher points associated with those draft slots.

Leave a comment:

• Cdn Bolt
    replied
    Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

It is about where he should have gone.
    He was the 24th ranked prospect and #2 corner on most boards so he slipped a little.

Leave a comment:

• like54ninjas
    replied

No it isn't. It is numerical only but still shows many of the steals. Do you not think us getting Asante Samuel in the 2nd rnd a good deal?
    It is about where he should have gone.

Leave a comment:

• Cdn Bolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

That chart is meaningless. It negates medical evaluations etc.

Leave a comment:

• like54ninjas
    replied
    Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...the more I watch of McKitty, the more Topcat likes! Meow, meow!!!
    McKitty sounds like a menu item @ McDonald’s in Thailand.

I really like Tre. Underutilized but great results in limited touches. QB play was an issue in his college career.
    He’s going to be a fan favorite by season’s end.

Leave a comment:

• equivocation
    replied
    FYI Here are the top 25 steals of the draft. ( The value is the draft trade value difference of where the player was expected to go vs where he fell). ie Penei Sewell was the #2 player on CBS's big board and DET nabbed him at 7.

picks.png
    In this type of analysis it makes sense to use consensus numbers instead of any 1 source. Still, there was some VERY high spread on value between pundits this year so averages will still be noisy.

Leave a comment:

• Topcat
    replied
    Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post

That video changes my perception some about this pick. On tape, he looks athletic, fast, and instinctive. I am sure some scouts and / or coaches was singing McKitty's praise!
    Yep...the more I watch of McKitty, the more Topcat likes! Meow, meow!!!

Leave a comment:

• BoltUp InLA
    replied
    Originally posted by AK47 View Post

I thought his plays as h-back looked intriguing. I also noticed he kept doing one-handed catches as well in the senior bowl practices which seemed very unnecessary to me. Dude secure that ball. I guess he's just trying to catch scouts' attention.

I really like his blocking potential and very active feet. I know he had a 7th round grade but his senior bowl stuff probably brought him to 5th round grade on many boards.

That video changes my perception some about this pick. On tape, he looks athletic, fast, and instinctive. I am sure some scouts and / or coaches was singing McKitty's praise!

Leave a comment:

• Panamamike
    replied
    FYI Here are the top 25 steals of the draft. ( The value is the draft trade value difference of where the player was expected to go vs where he fell). ie Penei Sewell was the #2 player on CBS's big board and DET nabbed him at 7.

picks.png
    That chart is meaningless. It negates medical evaluations etc.

Leave a comment:

• DragonIce
    replied
    Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Good analysis there, Dragon...
    It was a light bulb moment. Sometimes I'm slow to catch a thing at first.

Staley is a sponge. He's going to bring things from the Rams offense, but he also had to admire what Shanny was doing in the Bay...and he'll pull from that as well.
    Last edited by DragonIce; 05-02-2021, 02:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X