Clear All
  • DragonIce
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2021
    • Arizona
    • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
    Mac Jones
    Mac ran 4.8 and his athleticism dragged him down. Brady ran 5.2.

Jones also had a collegiate national title and better stats than Brady coming out of Michigan.

Brady was drafted 199th back when pocket QBs were the thing. Now?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Rivers 40 time: 5.08
      Brady 40 time: 5.28
      Rivers must run the back 30 in 1 second flat.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• eaterfan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Autsin Stadium, home for the Ducks, is very loud. He's played with loud crowd noise his entire four years in Eugene.
        Yeah, it's loud, but:

1. They are quiet for the home team, like everywhere. That's why places like Arrowhead and CenturyLink are tough for the road team... Herbert was never the visitor in Autzen.
        2. The Pac 12 doesn't have many loud venues other than Autzen. Washington can be loud and Rice-Eccles can be loud, but it's not Death Valley.

I'll bring this up again:

3. He wasn't as good in college as he has been in the pros. Like if you were making an experiment to test whether or not noise effected him, you would look at how he played with noise and without. So he played worse when there was noise against a lower level of difficulty and played better without noise against a harder level of difficulty.

I don't think noise is really an issue, but pointing out he played in front of crowds in college isn't a great rebuttal to that argument. If he played like he did in college I'd consider that slowing down Herbert.

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

Yeah, it's loud, but:

1. They are quiet for the home team, like everywhere. That's why places like Arrowhead and CenturyLink are tough for the road team... Herbert was never the visitor in Autzen.
          2. The Pac 12 doesn't have many loud venues other than Autzen. Washington can be loud and Rice-Eccles can be loud, but it's not Death Valley.

3. He wasn't as good in college as he has been in the pros. Like if you were making an experiment to test whether or not noise effected him, you would look at how he played with noise and without. So he played worse when there was noise against a lower level of difficulty and played better without noise against a harder level of difficulty.

I don't think noise is really an issue, but pointing out he played in front of crowds in college isn't a great rebuttal to that argument. If he played like he did in college I'd consider that slowing down Herbert.
          He didn't play worse in college because of the noise...lol. He played worse in college due to an inept revolving door of coordinators and coaching, a horribly vanilla offense, and a severe lack of talented skill positions surrounding him.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Yeah, it's loud, but:

thanks for clearing that up. He’s now a sophomore NFL QB - in the scheme of learning curves, adjusting to noise is not at the top of the list.

I’ll tell you what is, though. Its glare - has anyone stopped to consider how glare of sunlight will affect his vision and reaction time? Or how artificial night lighting glare will differ from the natural sun and completely throw him off kilter? Opposing teams will be strategically placing mirrors all over the place to fuck him up.

Glare is the new noise.

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

Eaterfan and Dmac - have you considered this? - what if he gets a headache, or worse yet a sore finger. You guys are right - we're doomed.
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Eaterfan and Dmac - have you considered this? - what if he gets a headache, or worse yet a sore finger. You guys are right - we're doomed.
                Hay fever?
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• eaterfan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

Yes, when I said noise probably won't be a problem, I actually meant that it would. You read that post correctly.

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

Yes, when I said noise probably won't be a problem, I actually meant that it would. You read that post correctly.
                    You did well - you found your reason why he won't be good this year.
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                      Draftnik
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

Tyrod Taylorbefore a freak accident pressed the rookie into service in Week 2. That medical misstep launched Herbert's iconic rookie season, arguably the best ever at the quarterback position. So, yeah, while I'm aware the Chargers have a new head coach and offensive coordinator -- changes that could impact a young quarterback's development -- I'm confident in Herbert's adaptability. And let's be honest: This coaching staff is an upgrade. As are multiple additions on the offensive line, including free-agent gem Corey Linsley and first-round pick Rashawn Slater. Herbert provided breathtaking play throughout his rookie season, and everything around him is better heading into Year 2.

Speaking of Year 2, we have two recent examples of sophomore signal-callers making the MVP jump: Patrick Mahomes in 2018 and Lamar Jackson in 2019. Don't be surprised if Herbert joins the club after leading the Bolts to just their third playoff bid in a dozen years.

in 2019. Don't be surprised if Herbert joins the club after leading the Bolts to just their third playoff bid in a dozen years.
                      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Glare causes headaches. You guys can belittle my brilliance, i get it. Nobody believed Galileo either.

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Can the thread maker please update the original post to include all possible barriers stopping JH in 2021?
                          I believe the first realistic one was mine, “food poisoning” from a contaminated brisket.
                          TIA
                          P1. Block Destruction
                          P2. Shocking Effort
                          P3. Ball Disruption
                          P4. Obnoxious Communication

Comment

Working...
                          X