• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CivilBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Absolutely. Had a nice breakup deep against the Chiefs in the endzone, had a pick against the Steelers, and several more PBUs while playing deep S. James can do it all. Just what an innovator like Staley needs. James is such a transformative player that him being hurt may have been a blessing -- with him on the field, the Chargers probably win 2-3 more games, Gus looks a lot better, Lynn is retained.

TG
    Staley calls DJ a ‘multiplier’. He increases their chances to win.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
      Draftnik
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

Staley calls DJ a ‘multiplier’. He increases their chances to win.
      True. His instincts are off the chart and his energy is infectious. He elevates the play of those around him. If the pass rush is struggling, play him near the LOS. If the secondary is struggling, play him in space, or have him bury the TE. One of my favorite things about James is his sure-tackling, a lost art for our safeties last year.
      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• CivilBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

True. His instincts are off the chart and his energy is infectious. He elevates the play of those around him. If the pass rush is struggling, play him near the LOS. If the secondary is struggling, play him in space, or have him bury the TE. One of my favorite things about James is his sure-tackling, a lost art for our safeties last year.
        Hopefully he gives Samuel a pointer or two. He tackles too low sometimes. With his smaller size, the bigger NFL receivers will just hurdle over him.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Hopefully he gives Samuel a pointer or two. He tackles too low sometimes. With his smaller size, the bigger NFL receivers will just hurdle over him.
          Like this?

football athletics GIF by GreenWave
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• CivilBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Like this?

football athletics GIF by GreenWave
            Bingo!

Comment

• jubei
              Vagabond Ninja
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

but he cant tackle a bigger receiver up high either...be harder to bring the receiver down when tackling high.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I think Samuel will be fine. As a former undersized HS cornerback, I can attest that is what we are taught to do. He doesn’t do it every time, by the way.
                But tackles can be missed by going high, too, and a guy like Samuel can just get trucked by a bigger player. He is not going to be a form tackling, pile driving hitter like James but he can still effectively get the runner to the ground or slow them up for reinforcements. He’ll be taught by his position coach to clean up any left over problems he does have from college.

If you watch college highlights of Kenneth Murray you will see a lot of him tackling real high, like head and neck level. But he does not do that in the NFL.

Speaking of Murray, who else is excited to see him, Bosa and James all on the field at the same time?

TG
                Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

but he cant tackle a bigger receiver up high either...be harder to bring the receiver down when tackling high.
                  He’s gonna have to go mid. Mid-low but not low. And not high. Don’t go high or you might get trucked. Go mid
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                    I think Samuel will be fine. As a former undersized HS cornerback, I can attest that is what we are taught to do. He doesn’t do it every time, by the way.
                    But tackles can be missed by going high, too, and a guy like Samuel can just get trucked by a bigger player. He is not going to be a form tackling, pile driving hitter like James but he can still effectively get the runner to the ground or slow them up for reinforcements. He’ll be taught by his position coach to clean up any left over problems he does have from college.

If you watch college highlights of Kenneth Murray you will see a lot of him tackling real high, like head and neck level. But he does not do that in the NFL.

Speaking of Murray, who else is excited to see him, Bosa and James all on the field at the same time?

TG
                    Tranquill too. I like his abilities. Seems like a guy that can do everything. I just hope he comes back good as new. James too.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post

Tranquill too. I like his abilities. Seems like a guy that can do everything. I just hope he comes back good as new. James too.
                      I like traq. He is smart and plays faster than his 40-time. Better version of Teo but with a real wife :whistlin:

Comment

Working...
                      X