• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Classic
    Hall Of Fame
    • Dec 2014
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
    I hope we draft Melvin Gordon with #17 pick, extend Rivers for 3 more years, & wait until NEXT year to draft PR's ultimate successor---Connor Cook (MSU).

Oh, & as long as I'm dreaming----I hope the Chargers get a stadium deal done here in SD!
    No to Cook. No to Mariota. Yes to Hackenberg!

I would trade up and draft Leonard Williams and Gurley at #17. Tank 2015 and grab Hackenberg and WR in 2016.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Price for Rivers reportedly at least two first rounders
      Jeremy Warnemuende - 56 minutes ago 0
      Newsletter

(Photo: Denny Medley, USA TODAY Sports)

Philip Rivers trade rumors have been bouncing around for a while, but we're starting to get a better idea of what the San Diego Chargers want in return.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on NFL Live on Tuesday that it would take two first-round draft picks -- maybe more -- for the Chargers to part with their long-time starting quarterback.

Two teams have a pair of first-round selections in the upcoming draft: Cleveland (Nos. 12 and 19) and New Orleans (Nos. 13 and 31). With Drew Brees in place for two more seasons and apparently not on the trade block, the Saints aren't likely to want Rivers.

However, it's no secret the Browns have issues at quarterback, and Rivers would certainly be an immediate fix for a team that has had at least two starting quarterbacks every year since Tim Couch was under center in 2001.

So while a trade involving Rivers, who has one year left on his contract, and the Browns would seem like a nice idea for Cleveland, it wouldn't appear to make much sense for San Diego.

Two picks in the top-20 doesn't sound bad, but it likely leaves the Chargers, who have made it clear they're very interested in Marcus Mariota, without a quarterback. The chances of Mariota dropping to No. 12 appear slim at best, so the Chargers would probably need to make another move to have the opportunity to draft the former Oregon quarterback or Jameis Winston.

The Rivers rumors will continue to fly and probably intensify as more details emerge and we draw closer to this month's NFL Draft.
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• QSmokey
        Guardedly Optimistic
        • Jun 2013
        • Kuna, Idaho
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Yeah, Cleveland is a great place to raise your kids. LOL! Close to the South, as well.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
          Yeah, Cleveland is a great place to raise your kids. LOL! Close to the South, as well.
          I've never even been to Cleveland but a friend of mine moved there for work and when he came back to visit recently was actually pleasantly surprised with the city and now plans on staying. But he is a stoner, so take that with a grain of salt.

Comment

• bonehead
            Undrafted
            • Jul 2013
            • TBD
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
            Price for Rivers reportedly at least two first rounders
            Jeremy Warnemuende - 56 minutes ago 0
            Newsletter

(Photo: Denny Medley, USA TODAY Sports)

Philip Rivers trade rumors have been bouncing around for a while, but we're starting to get a better idea of what the San Diego Chargers want in return.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on NFL Live on Tuesday that it would take two first-round draft picks -- maybe more -- for the Chargers to part with their long-time starting quarterback.

Two teams have a pair of first-round selections in the upcoming draft: Cleveland (Nos. 12 and 19) and New Orleans (Nos. 13 and 31). With Drew Brees in place for two more seasons and apparently not on the trade block, the Saints aren't likely to want Rivers.

However, it's no secret the Browns have issues at quarterback, and Rivers would certainly be an immediate fix for a team that has had at least two starting quarterbacks every year since Tim Couch was under center in 2001.

So while a trade involving Rivers, who has one year left on his contract, and the Browns would seem like a nice idea for Cleveland, it wouldn't appear to make much sense for San Diego.

Two picks in the top-20 doesn't sound bad, but it likely leaves the Chargers, who have made it clear they're very interested in Marcus Mariota, without a quarterback. The chances of Mariota dropping to No. 12 appear slim at best, so the Chargers would probably need to make another move to have the opportunity to draft the former Oregon quarterback or Jameis Winston.

The Rivers rumors will continue to fly and probably intensify as more details emerge and we draw closer to this month's NFL Draft.
            Glad to hear this, we should definitely get two first rounders for Rivers or at least the Titans 1st this year and 2nd this year and 2nd next year....after that call Chip Kelley and bleed the Eagles dry for Mariota.
            Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Why stop at that, we could get a second for Gates and a First for Weddle...
              Go Rivers!

Comment

• KNSD
                Registered Charger Hater
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                I visited Cleveland this summer. The part I visited was very nice.
                Prediction:
                Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• homeless simpson
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Rivers is a straight shooter, except for shooting down rumors.....

everybody likes telescos and mccoys decision making and plans, except for when it may involve trading Rivers...

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                    Grammar Police
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Stupid is as stupid does...
                    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Unless Rivers forces their hand.
                      For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                        No Sir, I Dont Like It
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Section 457
                        • Migrant Film Worker
                        • Send PM

The writer looks like he is 12 years old.
                        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Sec-E4
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2014
                          • Arizona
                          • Send PM

I was listening to Scott & BR earlier and Scott claims he felt there was some sort of beef between MM & Rivers towards the end of the season. He claims that MM felt he wasn't getting any credit for the Chargers early season success and aledgely he started to change his vibe and wasn't letting certain players & or coaches do their thing.

Funny thing is why didn't Scott bring this up when he aledgely saw this secrete beef going on ? He said he'll have to go back into his notes to find where he wrote this down. Somehow now that these Rivers Rumors are popping up left and right, He's claiming he saw the writing on the wall way before these rumors. I'm calling bull shit

That dude can get annoying sometimes...I hope he doesn't think we're gonna forget about this and comes back with his notes about the coral between MM and Rivers

Either way I don't believe we'd Trade Rivers , But somehow these rumors keep growing new legs. Yah I know the liars month thing but this sounds like it's got a bit of truth to it.
                          Last edited by Sec-E4; 04-14-2015, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X