• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cdn Bolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Ontario , Canada
    • Send PM

FYI CBS ranks our roster #21. Denver is #13, KC #2. NFL has us at #4 which I think is a little overrated. I see a 9-7 season w all the new faces including all new coaches.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/r...p-browns-no-3/

21. Los Angeles Chargers

It's very possible I have the Chargers too low on this list. It's just hard to gauge this team because they have dealt with so many injuries over the past few years. Am I overrating this roster or underrating them when looking on paper? The football gods have done a disservice to fans by keeping Derwin James sidelined for so long. In his rookie season in 2018, he was named First Team All-Pro and earned a Pro Bowl appearance as well. He and Nasir Adderley could be a dynamic duo at safety and the Chargers have an interesting talent in rookie cornerback Asante Samuel Jr. as well. I expect linebacker Kenneth Murray to take a big step forward in 2021, and Joey Bosa is a star. The Chargers also did a great job this offseason adding help along the offensive line for Justin Herbert. Corey Linsley is one of the best centers in the game and then Rashawn Slater should start from Day 1. Another facet of the Chargers I like is the talent and depth they possess at both wide receiver and running back.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post
      FYI CBS ranks our roster #21. Denver is #13, KC #2. NFL has us at #4 which I think is a little overrated. I see a 9-7 season w all the new faces including all new coaches.

21. Los Angeles Chargers

It's very possible I have the Chargers too low on this list. It's just hard to gauge this team because they have dealt with so many injuries over the past few years. Am I overrating this roster or underrating them when looking on paper? The football gods have done a disservice to fans by keeping Derwin James sidelined for so long. In his rookie season in 2018, he was named First Team All-Pro and earned a Pro Bowl appearance as well. He and Nasir Adderley could be a dynamic duo at safety and the Chargers have an interesting talent in rookie cornerback Asante Samuel Jr. as well. I expect linebacker Kenneth Murray to take a big step forward in 2021, and Joey Bosa is a star. The Chargers also did a great job this offseason adding help along the offensive line for Justin Herbert. Corey Linsley is one of the best centers in the game and then Rashawn Slater should start from Day 1. Another facet of the Chargers I like is the talent and depth they possess at both wide receiver and running back.
      I love this rating.
      On paper I think we’re a top 7-10 team. We have had the traditional Charger injury bug the last 2 seasons. When healthy I like our chances against any team any Sunday, Monday, Thursday, or occasionally Saturday.

Our starting talent/depth @ WR, LB, RB, and OL are better than anything here over the past decade.
      JH10 is as good of a young QB as there is in the NFL with an exceptionally high ceiling.
      Derwin changes the way we can play defense.
      K9 is going to be monster in this D.
      MikeDub set for a very big season.
      We have veteran leadership, a ton of youthful exuberance, and a PLETHORA of talent at damn near every position.
      Our depth is better (not yet great), increased defensive speed, and what looks to be a better coaching staff.

Big year ahead brothers and sisters.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Maniaque 6
        French Speaking Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Québec city
        • Send PM

I support that !

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I love this rating.
          On paper I think we’re a top 7-10 team. We have had the traditional Charger injury bug the last 2 seasons. When healthy I like our chances against any team any Sunday, Monday, Thursday, or occasionally Saturday.

Our starting talent/depth @ WR, LB, RB, and OL are better than anything here over the past decade.
          JH10 is as good of a young QB as there is in the NFL with an exceptionally high ceiling.
          Derwin changes the way we can play defense.
          K9 is going to be monster in this D.
          MikeDub set for a very big season.
          We have veteran leadership, a ton of youthful exuberance, and a PLETHORA of talent at damn near every position.
          Our depth is better (not yet great), increased defensive speed, and what looks to be a better coaching staff.

Big year ahead brothers and sisters.
          A PLETHORA of talent...excellent...AND, if I may add, a CAVALCADE of COACHING CAPABILITY and a SMATTERING of STALWARTNESS...

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

I wouldn’t call our backups at RB depth. They have to show me a lot more consistent production first. We have Exs than a bunch of guys.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
              French Speaking Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Québec city
              • Send PM

An average RB can look like a superstar behind a great OL.
              Remember C. Portis in DEN ?

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                I wouldn’t call our backups at RB depth. They have to show me a lot more consistent production first. We have Exs than a bunch of guys.
                A bunch of guys are depth.
                If you are referring to a lack of established NFL starters, true.
                They were quality guys in college, unproven in NFL.
                The '21 OL, new coaches are in their favor.
                If JJ can stay healthy, he's good.
                Kelley was inconsistent but had flashes. Should improve yr 2.
                Rountree & Bradwell are beef.
                Odds are good that the current depth will have an impressive training camp & preseason.

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

21. Los Angeles Chargers

I think we play 17 games this season? No? If so I see no less than 12-5 if Herbert stays healthy...

:wtf:
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• DragonIce
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2021
                    • Arizona
                    • Send PM

This is an incredibly horrid list by CBS's Jordan Dajani
                    • Titans at 10? They have almost no defense
                    • Steelers at 9? The've lost their o-line, d is thinned and Ben is toast.
                    • Cowboys ahead of the Chargers? Gimmie a break
                    • He has Raiders and Giants too high
                    We should be top 15 roster, but will power rank top 12 w/Staley.

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

I don't have a problem with this ranking. We have a first year HC and his assistants are all new to being coordinators. Also, a second year QB. I see why some are downgrading this team. I think they will be proven wrong but I get it. At years end these rankings are meaningless, only the record matters then.
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Classic
                        Hall Of Fame
                        • Dec 2014
                        • Send PM

21. Los Angeles Chargers

9 wins in a 17 game isn't much better than a 8-8 season. I think this team has a 10 win floor barring massive injuries. Anything short of a playoff appearance would be a massive disappointment. I like to believe we can mirror or be better than last year's Browns team which won 11 games in a tough division and with a 1st year HC and a newly revamped OL.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Surprisingly we were not bottom 5 in hurries last year:

Comment

Working...
                          X