• Jun 2013
    • Send PM

There goes abdullah!

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

What about making Butler an outside LB? Does he have the speed for that? Maybe a bigger Safety?
      For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

According to the first stats I looked at, on Sports Reference, Denzel Perryman didn't play 2 years ago. But, then I looked elsewhere (ESPN and Wikipedia), and it seems he played the entire season. So, so far, this year's draft seems to have included more durable players than last year's draft.

Unlike the rest of you, I have no idea if Gordon or Perryman are good players. But I do like that they played a lot of games in college and I have not found evidence they have a history of a lot of injuries.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Telesco: Explosive, coverage skills , exited to get him. #1 on the hammer list.

Comment

• Gilded Pickle
            outside looking in
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
            What exactly do NFL analysts mean when they say "swagger"?
            In real English, it means arrogantly - which, where I come from, is bad. And, by bad, I don't mean good.
            In the context of an NFL D - Rodney Harrison = swagger. Is that a bad thing? Only if you're playing against it.

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Path to the draft:

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Gilded Pickle View Post
                In the context of an NFL D - Rodney Harrison = swagger. Is that a bad thing? Only if you're playing against it.
                I would say he did walk with swagger, and, yes, it was a bad thing. Harrison had a lot of talent and was a tough dude - a good player on an otherwise bad team for years.

However, he was overconfident. Tried to take out receivers when he could have just paid attention to the ball. Got us some penalties we didn't need, then tried to blame a lot of it on refs (sometimes it was, indeed, the fault of the refs, but it was also sometimes the fault of Harrison.) Plus, I didn't like watching him celebrate "with swagger" a hard hit after giving up a first down. By that, I don't mean he jumped up and down, I mean he seemed very pleased with his non-accomplishment. Maybe that was just the manner in which he walked and it had nothing to do with be an arrogant dork walking with swagger, but that's how I perceived it to be.

Loved his talent and his toughness. Didn't like his swagger - made it hard to root for the guy. He also comes off as kind of a jerk on TV - not sure if that's just how he appears on the screen; he could be a real nice man in real life. But he could lose the "swagger".

If the analysts ever use "swagger" in reference to Harrison, I would say that is a fairly good description of him. However, I've heard it used for somebody like Philip Rivers, who doesn't walk with any swagger at all. I'd say Rivers is emotional, but doesn't come across as overly confident or arrogant.
                Last edited by Guest; 05-01-2015, 06:13 PM.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Ty Sambrailo, T, CSU to Donkeys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                    Ty Sambrailo, T, CSU to Donkeys.
                    Dude, I can see that you're just dying to tell everyone the picks, but for the second time, please keep them in the spoiler thread.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

There goes gregory

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                        Grammar Police
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Its like the swagger those new commercials talk about advertising dueches...

I got swagger how bout you?
                        Go Rivers!

Comment

• Bolt-O
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
                          Dude, I can see that you're just dying to tell everyone the picks, but for the second time, please keep them in the spoiler thread.
                          I posted it as soon as heard on TV. I'm delayed about 30 seconds.

Comment

Working...
                          X