• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Caslon
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2019
    • Send PM

What good is a potentially good O-line when TT drafted two later round RB’s hoping one of them would complement Austin Ekeler? Actually, both those picks are ones to have possibly complemented a full sized power RB to begin with. Ekeler isn’t. It’s as if TT was counting on striking it rich with those two. He didn’t. He’s now obligated to cover his ass with those two later round RB picks instead of trading for or going after or a free agent legit back last spring. Instead, he ups Ekeler’s salary and puts pressure on an X factor running back to carry the load, hoping he struck gold with Kelly and Jackson.

Comment

• equivocation
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2021
      • Send PM

The Chargers OL was so bad last year it was like we were facing WAS every game.

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
        What good is a potentially good O-line when TT drafted two later round RB’s hoping one of them would complement Austin Ekeler? Actually, both those picks are ones to have possibly complemented a full sized power RB to begin with. Ekeler isn’t. It’s as if TT was counting on striking it rich with those two. He didn’t. He’s now obligated to cover his ass with those two later round RB picks instead of trading for or going after or a free agent legit back last spring. Instead, he ups Ekeler’s salary and puts pressure on an X factor running back to carry the load, hoping he struck gold with Kelly and Jackson.
        "We're gonna throw that shit down the field" - Coach Staley.

Rountree & Bradwell ain't too shabby with the 2's & 3's, might be fairly impressive with the starting OL. We'll get another look Saturday.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

"We're gonna throw that shit down the field" - Coach Staley.

Rountree & Bradwell ain't too shabby with the 2's & 3's, might be fairly impressive with the starting OL. We'll get another look Saturday.
          Rountree makes the roster easily. I'd REALLY like Bradwell to rip off several bruising, bone-shaking, carry 5 tackler runs, making it a real problem for the Bolts to try to sneak him onto the PS...

Comment

• Caslon
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2019
            • Send PM

They both flashed some the first preseason game. Roundtree came down to earth against the Niners. Then again, Lombardi was focusing the game plan on other than the running game, using fringe player O-lineman for evaluation purposes. Too early to tell based on that first preseason game where both looked promising. Jackson and Kelly might stay just because of TT’s gamble. Gotta save face. Jackson had better heal real quick and Kelly had better produce or it’s the “nfl” for both (Jerry Glanville quote).

Comment

• Caslon
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2019
              • Send PM

Wondering what kind of anything this O-line group got going. It’s all under raps, Future might be like …”we’re gonna show almost nothing ‘till day one.”

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

By the way, I’d love to have Washington’s D line. That’s some top talent.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2020
                  • Oklahoma
                  • Send PM

I will be focusing on the trenches. Chargers money is now in the O Line finally and WFT draft capital is in the D Line.

Yep Caslon Ekeler is overpaid, would have rather put the money in a pass rusher or another corner. Could have kept Kelly, Jackson, and Bradwell behind Rountree or went RB over McKitty.

Comment

• Eurobolt
                    *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Send PM

I just hope that after this game we will not be asking our line WTF O-Line.

We open vs Washington and Dallas teams that are suspect - exactly as we are however both of those teams have proven coaches.

I agree that trenches are very important to the outcome of this game however I see coaching factor more important.
                    I have a ton of reapect for RR and wanted him to coach Chargers in the past.
                    BS was my choice from candidates this year, I pray that he turns out great and we will not stuck with another BS coach like Lynn.

As I see better talent overall on Chargers our OL is still a project and this game will be win or lose in prep room, game plan and game time decision by coaches.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

I think WFT is the best team in the NFC East (not West). WFT's defense is going to make some plays and get their licks in for sure. But I think the Chargers OL will limit the damage. The Chargers' defense will stymie WFT's offense. Herbert and the Chargers' offense will have a decent day and score enough points for the Bolts to win by 10 pts.
                      Last edited by Velo; 08-28-2021, 07:00 AM.

Comment

• Redskins1
                        Registered Redskin Fan
                        • Aug 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                        I think WFT is the best team in the NFC West. WFT's defense is going to make some plays and get their licks in for sure. But I think the Chargers OL will limit the damage. The Chargers' defense will stymie WFT's offense. Herbert and the Chargers' offense will have a decent day and score enough points for the Bolts to win by 10 pts.
                        The WFT are in the NFC east...

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Redskins1 View Post

The WFT are in the NFC east...
                          I wrote East and it came out West. Funny how that happens.

Comment

Working...
                          X