• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Redskins1
    Registered Redskin Fan
    • Aug 2021
    • Send PM

WFT vs Bolts Pre Game Discussion

The reason I ask is because of the WFT front 7 is so dominant,does that give you any concerns? This game will be won in the trenches,which ever team controls the line of scrimmage will walk away with the W...How do you guys feel about this?
  • Heatmiser
    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Hi and welcome. I think you will find massive respect for your front 7 from Chargers fans. Our starting 5 should be a big improvement for this team, but 4/5 of the line is new and the guy that is not new (Baluga) missed a ton of time last year. So I think we are anxious to see what should be the toughest test for the rebuilt line at a time when they would be most susceptible to falling prey to stunts, etc. And preseason has demonstrated we are in very serious trouble if any starter goes down.

Back at you, how do you feel about Fitzmagic?

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Redskins1
      Registered Redskin Fan
      • Aug 2021
      • Send PM

To be honest my oline is better run blockers then pass blockers,your dline will get pressure for sure...As for fitz we all know what he is,he can throw for 500 yards and he is capable of throwing for 150 yards and 5 picks..I just hope fitz plays within the scheme and let the talent around him do the work,if he does that the WFT will be a tough out...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

I am hopeful the additions of Slater, Linsley and Feiler will better prepare the Chargers for the WFT Front 7 - but thats a stout group in DC that will be a good test out of the box. Not to be cliche but I think the Chargers are catching a break playing, well not just WFT but an NFC team in general in Week 1. Not that losing will be bad - but first game, new coach, I am already thinking of tiebreakers - so I think its better to play WFT in Week 1 than like the Ravens or Steelers or an AFC team.

Rivera is a good coach - I wanted to trade a pick for him if Carolina was letting him go a couple years back.

Comment

• Flchargersfan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

I think we all feel pretty good about our starting 5 OL, if someone gets hurt I think we will be sweating bullets since the backups look like a huge drop-off.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Redskins1 View Post
            The reason I ask is because of the WFT front 7 is so dominant,does that give you any concerns? This game will be won in the trenches,which ever team controls the line of scrimmage will walk away with the W...How do you guys feel about this?
            True.

However, what I fear is Herbert vs Fitzpatrick.

Herbert is very, very, very good.
            This is the time of year that it is all DIMES from Fitzpatrick.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
              Draftnik
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

On one hand, our OL will be healthy. On the other, they haven’t gelled much in live game reps. It’ll be interesting, but probably some rough sledding at times.
              Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

I sure hope Bulaga doesn't get injured...don't want to see Pip in there...Feiler could fill in at RT, then it's either Jaimes or possibly Hunter or St. Louis at RG...

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Welcome Redskins1 , changed your user title for you. Have fun!

Comment

• CivilBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                    I sure hope Bulaga doesn't get injured...don't want to see Pip in there...Feiler could fill in at RT, then it's either Jaimes or possibly Hunter or St. Louis at RG...
                    I agree. Young won’t even have to do fancy moves to get pass Pip.

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

We haven't seen this year's OL play together yet. We know they brought in some very good FA's but they've only played together in practice, not even one down in the preseason.

The WFT front 7 is a very real concern but, here's a tidbit from last year. - Herbert was very good against pressure last season. In fact, he was at his best in the games when our OL was poor.

We're all looking forward to seeing our rookie LT (Slater) go against Young. We'll find out in game one what to expect from him this year.
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Well this is what our HC says………

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9